Post-Game Talk: Habs defeats Buffalo in shootouts

Jaaanosik

Nov 9, 2014
Why is it you bring up Philip Danault every few weeks? Mother-in-law complaining that the ex was better?

The discussion with Slafkovsky (after the draft) was always about his best development and his readiness for the NHL. That discussion is over, ready or not the Habs had him in the NHL. Now you want me to celebrate his growth and I am, because it’s definitely an improvement.
You kept bashing Slaf.
Do you agree you misread his talent and capabilities?

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Dvorak is such a nothing player. I can't believe we traded a 1st for this doofus. Thank god, he's down to one more year left, so maybe we can trade him this summer when the cap goes up.
The Dvorak trade is a net loss on all accounts. We basically traded a 1st for an average 35pts third liner that we sure as hell not getting back a 1st for or could just walk as UFA next year

It was a waste of a 1st imho

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
So why do you bring up Danault every other day? The GM and his team has changed, what are you trying to prove?
You were agree he walked away. You underestimated him at the time, you were agree with Bergevin on that move (or non move). In the same time he decided to sign Armia, Evans, Dvorak, Hoffman, you forgot that. Add to that losing Toffoli for near nothing, Lehkonen, etc, It's all linked at that time, scrap the entire team for half a decade and you were happy Danault left, I hope you have the smile and the contagious enthousiasm of your friend cheaper-better replacement for dano Mr Smile Dvorak. Do you smile when you think of this, like Dvo does?

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
You kept bashing Slaf.
Do you agree you misread his talent and capabilities?

This wasn't addressed to me but I would humbly like to reply.
I don't think it is a question of misreading talent and capabilities.
More so, it was an expectation for your first overall to perform better than he has, and everyone could see he was struggling.
He has drastically improved leaps and bounds recently which is great to see, now if he can work on his shot , he'll be quite the player.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
You were agree he walked away. You underestimated him at the time, you were agree with Bergevin on that move (or non move). In the same time he decided to sign Armia, Evans, Dvorak, Hoffman, you forgot that. Add to that losing Toffoli for near nothing, Lehkonen, etc, It's all linked at that time, scrap the entire team for half a decade and you were happy Danault left, I hope you have the smile and the contagious enthousiasm of your friend cheaper-better replacement for dano Mr Smile Dvorak. Do you smile when you think of this, like Dvo does?
So why is it you think it's not appropriate to discuss Slafkovsky's development (Habs player and important future asset) but you bring up Danault (former Habs player, completely irrelevant to the Habs' future) every few days?

Reactions: bsl

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
So why is it you think it's not appropriate to discuss Slafkovsky's development (Habs player and important future asset) but you bring up Danault (former Habs player, completely irrelevant to the Habs' future) every few days?
Because ppl like you are on the back of every fr***g player randomly for whatever reasons. Leave some slack to the players dude. That forum looks like your full time job, there is a generalised toxic environment in this forum and you're part of it, sorry to tell you that bro.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Then at some point you put him on waivers.
I find the 3-goalie drama kind of entertaining. I think Hughes is open to dealing either Allen or Primeau but the return is not good enough to lose the younger asset like Primeau so it will be Allen. Problem is, Allen is more than happy playing so close to home and will be 35 when his contract is up. He mentioned he was ok with this set-up but I imagine might be getting antsy as he isn't playing all that much. Maybe hughes is trying to convince him to waive his no-trade list. He's worth virtually nothing. Unless it's carolina, than I would do all in my power to f*** Dundon

Reactions: Runner77

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Because ppl like you are on the back of every fr***g player randomly for whatever reasons. Leave some slack to the players dude. That forum looks like your full time job, there is a generalised toxic environment in this forum and you're part of it, sorry to tell you that bro.
Do you think your comments about Dvorak contribute to the generalised toxic environment?

I hope you have the smile and the contagious enthousiasm of your friend cheaper-better replacement for dano Mr Smile Dvorak. Do you smile when you think of this, like Dvo does?

I see you mention Danault a lot and I don't understand why.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Primeau is a weird goalie in that sometime he comes off like a wall, like nothing will pass by similar to Price but he can lose his confidence easily. He would easily be my favorite Habs goalie if he could be consistant cause I love that style, he's like a tank. And that can be intimidating. I love that image. ( it would help as well if the D could help him).
I think he needs to lose 10 pounds. Be more nimble. But very good game. Positionally solid. And dealt with the pressure.

Stories for me tonight:

Ylonen is now getting more trust from MSL. Finally. We collectively ranted about this weeks ago, but there he was getting 90 seconds on a PP, where he did well, and later on getting the third shot on the shootout, on which he scored. Ylonen has excellent tools, and now that Pearson is probably out, he can show if he has the toolbox or not.

It made no sense to me why Suzuki passed to Caulfield on that 2on1, it wasn't necessary and then Caulfield flubbed the shot. Afterward it occured to me that maybe he was trying to help Caulfield with his confidence.

Caulfield scoring on the shootout might be good for his confidence. He scored a sniper's goal too, in between the goalie pads.

Was good to see the team show toughness after the disgusting hit on Barron. They all stood up and fought back.

The Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Caulfield line has good possession but can't score. I think they're good players but might not be a good match. I think they have the wrong handedness, it's like their stick is always on the wrong side.

Struble scored a nice goal :)

Primeau I believe in. It was nice that he kept his cool after 2-0 became 2-2 early in the second. He blocked like 45 shots overall, including 2 of 4 in the shootout.
Ylonen is a shifty monster along the boards. Man his stick handling is very fast

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Every time Primeau has a game like that it underscores the need to move Allen.

You signed Monty to be your guy; let Primeau develop behind him. Can't afford to let a young goalie with potential go out the door because Allen's contract is harder to move.
The same could be said for other players on the team.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Then at some point you put him on waivers.
I don’t know why they haven’t tried this if nobodies interested in trading for Allen. At worse, he’s still there and you can bring him back up if one of the other guys start to struggle. This 3 goalie rotation doesn’t make sense.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
wow, the Sabres play a heavy game with a good forecheck.
The Habs need Xhekaj in the lineup ASAP. Primeau played great, Ylonen’s goal was clutch & Slaf looked good. That pp though??
Does no one in the organization address this issue?? What did Einstein say about repeating the same mistakes……..ffs.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
wow, the Sabres play a heavy game with a good forecheck.
The Habs need Xhekaj in the lineup ASAP. Primeau played great, Ylonen’s goal was clutch & Slaf looked good. That pp though??
Does no one in the organization address this issue?? What did Einstein say about repeating the same mistakes……..ffs.
Xhekaj must give basic hockey fighting tricks to Slaf.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Just saw the highlights. Primeau looked rock solid.

So awesome to see many of our ‘after thoughts’ are asserting themselves:

Primeau, Struble, Kidney, etc. Just makes our future potentially brighter

Reactions: DAChampion

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Do you think your comments about Dvorak contribute to the generalised toxic environment?

I see you mention Danault a lot and I don't understand why.
Your give your opinion about everything, why you don't revisit history, write what was your thought of Danault at the time and what is your opinion of Danault today.

5,5 M was way too much? Better not give him this money and save 1M to sign Dvorak, that's what you think today?

Compare what kind of chemistry and developpment Danault is having at LA and compare the chemistry Dvorak have with his wingers and how much he helps developping their talents today.
You think it's excellent classroom with Dvorak ?
OR
Suzuki and Monahan are way better teachers and chemistry makers ? And imagine Danault instead of Dvorak 2C.

You WHO have an opinion on everything, go ahead !

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Every time Primeau has a game like that it underscores the need to move Allen.

You signed Monty to be your guy; let Primeau develop behind him. Can't afford to let a young goalie with potential go out the door because Allen's contract is harder to move.

Yeah, one way or another, whatever two goalies they decide to go with ( I prefer yours), the decision is overdue.

In the long run, it's not helping anyone to run with three goalies.

I know Allen is tough to move, but sometimes you gotta make the tough decisions with the teams best interests in mind..... and right now, that means to hand the reigns to Monty, and see how primeau responds to a larger workload than he has now.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad