Post-Game Talk: Habs defeats Buffalo in shootouts

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
What's hilarious is that's actually not even true as he had the winning goal lol
As far as I can tell the NHL does not count shootout goals toward any stats, fyi.

We can be happy the young player is doing well without resorting to outright lies. I’m the resident grinch, sure, but it isn’t my fault shootout goals are not counted toward point totals.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It sucks how we can't have nice things. I can only imagine what this version of Slaf would look like with Dach. Two big bodies who are good in transition and both are able to use their big bodies and skills to protect the puck.
Yes, long term it may be Slaf with Dach - and Roy with Suzuki and Caufield.

But other candidates may emerge. I'm looking forward to seeing where Ylonen makes his home. He's looking like he's gong to be wayyy too good to stay on the 4th line. I think he'd be a good replacement for Anderson in the top 9 - if we can ever move Anderson.

Shows why Hughes went with 3 goalies this season. Didn't want to lose Primeau

Yes, it is making sense. And we may have to stay with 3 goalies for a while because I don't think Allen at his cap hit has trade value. And I don't think Hughes wants to retain. Hughes will have to find another DeSmith for a 3rd and a cap dump deal. The problem with that is that bringing in Pearson took away playing time from Ylonen and RHP.

But also, I think HuGo will want to see a little more of Primeau before sending Allen to Laval.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
I dont think there is another dominant player in the NHL right now, who is absolute beast and still doesnt get any points from his dominant games.
Slaf stop fighting and start to convert all the open net chances you got.

Fun game!
And Bench Barron and Kovi!
That’s a stretch but I like the enthusiasm

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Yes, long term it may be Slaf with Dach - and Roy with Suzuki and Caufield.
The lines of the future are going to be:
Caufield-Dach-Slaf
XXX-Suzuki-Newhook

XXX will not be Roy. Suzuki and Newhook will need a bit of sandpaper. XXX could Brandsegg-Nygard from this draft.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The lines of the future are going to be:
Caufield-Dach-Slaf
XXX-Suzuki-Newhook

XXX will not be Roy. Suzuki and Newhook will need a bit of sandpaper. XXX could Brandsegg-Nygard from this draft.
definitely could be. But the chemistry will be determined on the ice, not on paper.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The thing is, most Habs fans wouldn’t be happy with this picture of this player if they were offered it before the 2022 draft. My expectations haven’t changed — a forward needs to score.

That said, I’m obviously thrilled to see him adapt to the NHL-level game and play with enthusiasm and conviction. The change has been sudden and hopefully leads to the good things which haven’t yet happened.
So if I read between the lines it was unnessary to be on his back pointing every little thing he does wrong in his developpment years, like a mean mother-in-law does often to use that commonly knowned image.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jaaanosik

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Very true.
I like this top 9/12 already as something to build on, and augment.

Caufield, Dach, Slaf,
Newhook, Suzuki, Roy
RHP, Monahan, Ylonen
Gallagher, Evans, Heineman
Anderson

It would be great if we could get Anderson going so we could trade him and gi

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
So if I read between the lines it ws unnessary to be on his back pointing every little thing he does wrong in his developpment years, like a mean mother-in-law does often to use that commonly knowned image.
Why is it you bring up Philip Danault every few weeks? Mother-in-law complaining that the ex was better?

The discussion with Slafkovsky (after the draft) was always about his best development and his readiness for the NHL. That discussion is over, ready or not the Habs had him in the NHL. Now you want me to celebrate his growth and I am, because it’s definitely an improvement.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
True.

It's the look and demeanor of a man who does NOT want to go back to the AHL.

Yes, and the look and demeanor of a guy saying " thanks for the chance and there coach, I can do this , play me".

Primeau should start next game after today.

Patience with the top line. Cole is cold but he will snap out of it and hopefully Slaf will hit a point where the production follows his good play.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Why is it you bring up Philip Danault every few weeks? Mother-in-law complaining that the ex was better?

The discussion with Slafkovsky (after the draft) was always about his best development and his readiness for the NHL. That discussion is over, ready or not the Habs had him in the NHL. Now you want me to celebrate his growth and I am, because it’s definitely an improvement.
Acquiring good players via trade, developping new talent in an environment that helps their developpment are all good things to do. Trading good players for little return is a mistake, letting a good player sign elsewhere when you knew his positive value is a mistake too. In accounting you have the Incomes and the PO, that must balance well at the end.

Recently Kings were at their 9th or 10th game on the road, they were losing 1-4 and Danault scored 2 goals for a come back, LA won the game. You can note that in your book, welcome buddy.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Every time Primeau has a game like that it underscores the need to move Allen.

You signed Monty to be your guy; let Primeau develop behind him. Can't afford to let a young goalie with potential go out the door because Allen's contract is harder to move.

What if the best deal is Allen at 50% retained with a bad goalie coming back with a 6th round draft pick?

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
What if the best deal is Allen at 50% retained with a bad goalie coming back with a 6th round draft pick?
Not a chance. It would be either bad goalie coming back or retention. And I highly doubt Hughes would retain unless he is getting a 1st.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
As far as I can tell the NHL does not count shootout goals toward any stats, fyi.

We can be happy the young player is doing well without resorting to outright lies. I’m the resident grinch, sure, but it isn’t my fault shootout goals are not counted toward point totals.
There are times.....................that I think you would rather him miss those goals eh...............HE WON THE GAME>>>>>>>>>>and you talk about how these goals don't count?
You seem to be softening but it's obvious you have a hate on for the kid.

It's gotten old Rehabs.....................

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Acquiring good players via trade, developping new talent in an environment that helps their developpment are all good things to do. Trading good players for little return is a mistake, letting a good player sign elsewhere when you knew his positive value is a mistake too. In accounting you have the Incomes and the PO, that must balance well at the end.

Recently Kings were at their 9th or 10th game on the road, they were losing 1-4 and Danault scored 2 goals for a come back, LA won the game. You can note that in your book, welcome buddy.
So why do you bring up Danault every other day? The GM and his team has changed, what are you trying to prove?

Reactions: Forum93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad