Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the Sharks in a shootout

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
I hate to be negative here and I’ve not read this thread…just came to vent….I think many of us have seen the incredible puck handling skill by one Jesse Ylonen. So why is he not shooting 3rd in the shootout? Why 7th? Chances are, you would never see him if he stayed at 7th. Is MSL that obtuse or is he purposely trying to tank? I know this sounds harsh but I’m pretty bummed to see how we almost lost this game because for some reason MSL thinks guys like Slaf and Monahan are better puck handlers with their weapon. THEY ARE NOT COACH!

Thanks for listening….let me have it if you feel I’m way out of line.
How to you have 141 likes with almost 2500 posts though?

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Primeau looking like an NHL goalie more and more. Good to see
Allen I know is probably great in the room but I think they need Monty and Primeau to take the reins
It's a heirarchy thing and most teams suffer from it. With more success it will certainly change. Caufield has been terrible ever since he's tried to emulate Suzuki's slow entry Monahan has been bad. I'm actually surprised Ylonen got a chance before Newhook.
I always loved the way the Big M would just fly in and take a slapper on. a breakaway or a penalty shot! Usually pretty successful at it if memory serves me. But there just ain’t many Frank Mahavolich out there!

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Nice attempt. I'll never understand people who say they don't see skills in Slafkovsky. Those kind of skills on that frame is very, very rare.

They don't want to see it, they'd rather management had been wrong in their choices in drafting or developing him, for some perverse strange reason.

Some of these "fans" seem to find far more enjoyment shitting on everything this team does, more than anything else.

It's so weird to me.

Every coach, GM and players are better than the ones we've got.

It gets that you need to take a break from these forums sometimes just so you don't have to wade through all the assinine negative takes around here.

Criticism is fine when merited, but man, it goes way beyond that. It gets utterly ridiculous.

Last edited:

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
They don't want to see it, they'd rather management had been wrong in their choices in drafting or developing him, for some perverse strange reason.

Some of these "fans" seem to far more enjoy shitting on everything this team does, more than anything else.

It's so weird to me.
I do think Slaf has lots of skills and right now he's playing great but it's still too soon to predict how Slaf will turn out, mostly because of the IQ. Could become a 50 pts player at his peak for all we know, the debate has rights to be.

I dont believe in the absolute negative scrutiny of a 19 yrs old tho.

Reactions: Runner77 and HabsQC

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
I dont know whos idea was this
But they deserve to get fired
Cant even read or reply properly SMFH
Screenshot_20231125_024451_Chrome.jpg

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
I do think Slaf has lots of skills and right now he's playing great but it's still too soon to predict how Slaf will turn out, mostly because of the IQ. Could become a 50 pts player at his peak for all we know, the debate has rights to be.

I dont believe in the absolute negative scrutiny of a 19 yrs old tho.

It's always been quite evident he got high hockey IQ. His passing is the first thing that impressed me at the rookie camp. His cross-ice pass to Caufield today was a thing of beauty. Not only good vision, but perfect pass velocity and placement. And he got decent finish for a pass first guy.

It's kind of crazy to think he doesn't have his adult strength yet. He barely got beard. Imagine him at 21.. 23. He destroyed his stick today on a one timer, right in the middle of the shaft. That's pure power (and too much flex).

He's standing noticeably more straight. He's starting to look like those cheated character you could create in NHL.

Reactions: Habssince89

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
I don't think Dvorak is playing bad on the 22-28-20 line. So I wouldn't mind if Marty keeps the line like that for a few more games.

Monahan seems to play much worse since Gallagher was moved up and Anderson down.

Reactions: Redux91

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016

Some of these "fans" seem to find far more enjoyment shitting on everything this team does, more than anything else.

It's so weird to me.

Every coach, GM and players are better than the ones we've got.

It gets that you need to take a break from these forums sometimes just so you don't have to wade through all the assinine negative takes around here.

Criticism is fine when merited, but man, it goes way beyond that. It gets utterly ridiculous.
Dude, you're being so toxically positive. I might have written on average 100 messages or so a month for the last year whining about Slafkovsky and management, but I don't like that you're implying I'm a hater.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Dude, you're being so toxically positive. I might have written on average 100 messages or so a month for the last year whining about Slafkovsky and management, but I don't like that you're implying I'm a hater.

Hahaha "toxically positive" If ever I've heard an oxymoron that has to be it. What does that even mean, when it comes to being a fan of a sports team?

People can criticise all they want when merited. Being chilled and understanding that's there's a process of a rebuild going on here and that's it's far too early to make judgments and declarations on a player or management, or where this team is going, is the least toxic one can be.

Noone's living in some pollyanna world here.

Some just have cooler heads than others. While others have just lost their heads.

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I don't think Dvorak is playing bad on the 22-28-20 line. So I wouldn't mind if Marty keeps the line like that for a few more games.

Monahan seems to play much worse since Gallagher was moved up and Anderson down.
Monahan was playing worst before Gallagher was moved up and Anderson down. Either he doesn't have the juice to play 18+ minutes a game at center anymore or he's nursing something. His line has been getting hemmed in its own zone before Anderson came along, even in that one game with Slaf/Ylonen.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
lol….I guess I don’t usually say things that makes Hab fans go “cool” or “wow” or “right on.” That’s okay with me….I’m not looking to win a popularity contest. And I definitely don’t post hoping that many agree with me…..it’s no big deal one way or the other.

Having said all of this, I’m going to go back and give you a like on your post to me here…..I think maybe it means something to you. Anything to help a fellow Habs mate.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
lol….I guess I don’t usually say things that makes Hab fans go “cool” or “wow” or “right on.” That’s okay with me….I’m not looking to win a popularity contest. And I definitely don’t post hoping that many agree with me…..it’s no big deal one way or the other.

Having said all of this, I’m going to go back and give you a like on your post to me here…..I think maybe it means something to you. Anything to help a fellow Habs mate.

Wow cool, right on man.

Here, take my like. Go feed your family with it and prosper.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
The proverb -birds of a feather flock together- comes to mind.lol

I hate to be negative here and I’ve not read this thread…just came to vent….I think many of us have seen the incredible puck handling skill by one Jesse Ylonen. So why is he not shooting 3rd in the shootout? Why 7th? Chances are, you would never see him if he stayed at 7th. Is MSL that obtuse or is he purposely trying to tank? I know this sounds harsh but I’m pretty bummed to see how we almost lost this game because for some reason MSL thinks guys like Slaf and Monahan are better puck handlers with their weapon. THEY ARE NOT COACH!

Thanks for listening….let me have it if you feel I’m way out of line.
Bravo or is it brava? makes no nevermind,good on ya!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad