Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the Jets in a shootout!

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I don't think moving him to AHL equates admitting a mistake. It's simply admitting that his development needs to take a different path. He is 19. NExt couple of years will likely determine whether Slaf is a mistake or not. I mean, he will never be Bedard but let's hope he will develop into a decent middle tier player and f***... learns to use his size.

He won't. He's not that kind of player, never was.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Watching Rags vs Canucks. Rags suck. Hope this isn't all that Gorton going to built in Mtl.
Also, Slaf's ceiling is likely Lafreniere. If we're lucky.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
??? He was all over the news in the WHL playoffs.

Marty was attending a Tony Robbins seminar that year I guess. I mean, why would he know who his talented prospects are, and which ones were drafted because they could cook for themselves?

Reactions: The Real Timo

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I've lost all hope with this team and injuries.

It's not if matheson is hurt.... Its how long he is out.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I've lost all hope with this team and injuries.

It's not if matheson is hurt.... Its how long he is out.
Someone above posted that it's day to day and he is traveling with the team. But hey... he maybe just along for a ride.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Watching Rags vs Canucks. Rags suck. Hope this isn't all that Gorton going to built in Mtl.

What did fatso really build there anyways? Didn't he add the ufa's and most of the parts where there when he arrived? I mean he traded for the rights to Fox and Trouba but the rest was like a motorcycle stuck in the mud from what I can see. His drafting sucked nuts for the most part. What am I missing? Why did we plan the parade when they signed him? His Bruins days were better

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
What did fatso really build there anyways? Didn't he add the ufa's and most of the parts where there when he arrived? I mean he traded for the rights to Fox and Trouba but the rest was like a motorcycle stuck in the mud from what I can see. His drafting sucked nuts for the most part. What am I missing? Why did we plan the parade when they signed him? His Bruins days were better
Yeah... I'm not optimistic.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Gorton wanted a real rebuild the owner didn’t want that.

Reactions: Redux91

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Oh yeah? They have some nice pieces surrounded by a pile of junk, sounds familiar
It’s because the owner wanted them to be competitive as fast as possible and did exactly that when Gorton left.

Not the same thing for the habs, vets are gonna be sold and some stay for the time they are not competitive.

Reactions: Redux91 and Habs

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
You guys still think Guhle is not first pair material? If he stays healthy, he’s another perrenial star to be.
Guhle obviously has #1 potential. OBVIOUSLY.

But I'm VERY worried about injuries. I've never seen a guy not protect himself so regularly, he keeps taking hits from behind because he's always facing the boards!

I hope for the best for him, but if someone came knocking and offered a real top notch young forward for him, I'd really consider it. Before it's too late. Especially with all the other dmen we have coming up.

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
Depending on Matheson's injury, do the Habs call up Struble or Norlinder?
I'd like to try one of those guys instead of Harris. He seems terrible at defence and doesn't seem to have a shot. In that way he's like Mete, mainly a good skater but even Mete, who played as a 19 year old, was not as often in the wrong place as Harris is.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I'd like to try one of those guys instead of Harris. He seems terrible at defence and doesn't seem to have a shot. In that way he's like Mete, mainly a good skater but even Mete, who played as a 19 year old, was not as often in the wrong place as Harris is.
Harris is better than Mete, enough to be a regular #5-#6 NHL defenseman, but not enough to be an important piece of this team moving forward. He needs to go.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I have a habit of counting my mistakes/decisions as a way of learning from them.

So I counted X mistakes and he has a LOT of learning to do. The second and third goals were partially his fault in one and completely in the other. He got stapled to the bench for ten minutes after that.

Third period, AGAIN makes the mistake of not sticking to his man and keeping his stick down. Allen stopped it. He played 16:45, second lowest as a defenseman.

He is not moving fast enough in front of his man, they are getting past or behind him and he's keeping his stick too high.

I want to know, are they reviewing this and working on it with him the next day?

RHP...back to the AHL

Guhle...on fire.

Anderson...does he see anything but his shadow?

Slaf...flashes here or there mean nothing.

Newhook...this isn't Dach 2. Minus 2 and second lowest ice time.

Pez...he's not worth the spot. Bring back Ylonen or two better choices from the AHL.

Allen...mostly NHL quality with an AHL mistake here and there.

We won but weren't the better team.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The more he plays, the more I find Kovacevic to be reliably good. Not astounding but just solid good and even keel, oh, and big boy which add to his efficency. He must be hard af to push around. What a pick-up from the wire! Nice one Kent.

That was so good for his trade value, he did play good tonight.

Yes Kovacevic is working his way into either the future picture, or a nice future trade chip. If Kulak can get us a 2nd, well let's just say I find Kovacevic's olay to be better than Kukak's...

Love the Kovacevic waiver pick up. Still, reminds me it would have been nice to have also picked up Tolvanen and Valimaki.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Thanks for your hindinsight and hopeful outlook on 19 year old prospects

Yes Kovacevic is working his way into either the future picture, or a nice future trade chip. If Kulak can get us a 2nd, well let's just say I find Kovacevic's olay to be better than Kukak's...

Love the Kovacevic waiver pick up. Still, reminds me it would have been nice to have also picked up Tolvanen and Valimaki.

No reason to get rid of Kovacevic if we can keep a guy who is a serviceable 5-6 dman willing to play that role for multiple years - 2nd round picks don’t win cups but the guys who can make a serviceable pass playing 14-15 minutes a night during the playoffs are worth way more than their weight in bacon come playoff time

Reactions: Redux91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad