Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat Bedard in Home Opener.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Monahan:
-Scores the GWG
-Gets a 4-minute penalty in the last minute
-Gets first star
-Leaves the ice without a word, Caufield for the interview

About the game:
-The player intro was meh
-Caufield is magical
-Nice shot by Laser T. Pearson
-Two goals and no star for Johnson?
-Bedard was all right, but damn is he alone on his team lol
-Ugly third period
-HABS WIN!!!

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Why do we collapse so much when on the PK? Other teams pressure the point but we leave it and part of the slot wide open. It reminds me of when we were coached by Jacques Martin, it's too passive and will require so many blocked shots. I am not a fan.
They don’t clue in when watching teams totally shut us down with their aggressive PKs. We prefer to let the other teams best players have all the time and space they could ever want.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I thought it wasn't that bad of a game, but...
That's the second awful 3rd period in two games, AND, way too much penalties against. Some positionning work needed, becase that ain't all discipline.

Reactions: Pomee

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Why do we collapse so much when on the PK? Other teams pressure the point but we leave it and part of the slot wide open. It reminds me of when we were coached by Jacques Martin, it's too passive and will require so many blocked shots. I am not a fan.

Exactly. Our in-zone defending is just way too passive. ES or PK, it's not working.

But that's okay, we'll fix that next year.

Reactions: OldCraig71

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Managed to beat 1 of the worst 3 team in the league and lost Dach

argh

Chicago giveth Dach

Chicago taketh away Dach

Slaf needs to be way more aggressive on the puck. Couple of plays he let his linemate go for the puck when he should have been the one rushing to it. He did try to shoot more and made couple of good passes but needs to stop being a passenger and generate the offense himself.

I've heard some ppl say that's a coaching decision.

IF that's true... put the kid in the AHL and let him loose.

He needs to develop.....

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I don't think Hughes is going to get us anywhere. There are so many obvious issues with the team and I don't see any solutions. Starting with coaching. Physicality. Slaf. Special teams (coaching). And no upcoming stars that you can say will turn things around for them.

On the bright side, my chicken wings turned out great. Can believe how much you gotta f***ing pay for wings these days though.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Is anyone else concerned that our coach and our management can’t seem to get us assistants and players to play well on special teams? Are you as frustrated as I am always being one of the worst teams on the PP and the PK? Aren’t there smart coaches out there to teach the team how to be successful in these skills? Does MSL not know of anyone? How about our GMs? Do they not know of anyone?

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
3 goals conceded while the other team pulled its goalie in 2 games is absurd.
Almost 4 as Chicago hit he post.
They are way too passive.

Money , RHP and Guhle played well.
Newhook had his moments as well.
Suzuki has a slow start that's for sure.
We take way too many penalties.
Slaf had a tough game but seemed a bit better later on.

Dach's injury freaking sucks. Hope it's not serious.

Reactions: Canad13ns and Pomee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad