Recalled/Assigned: Habs Cuts (28th: Dumont clears waivers)

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
There's something going on between the organization and Leblanc. And at this point, it just doesn't smell good.

This is downright insulting to the guy. I don't agree with the decision at all. It's stupid.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
Sad to see Leblanc go, but honestly I don't get the overreaction.

He'll be back soon enough. He needs to show some character (yes, that term) and play good in the AHL first.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
There has to be more to this cut. A former 1st rounder who played decent tonight, came to camp ready and he gets cut before many other players? Does not add up.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Over the past twelve months Thomas has been the better player.... by far.

So we'll have to wait a complete year before considering Leblanc in the NHL? He came in and outplayed almost every other prospects/AHL forwards not named Bournival in camp.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
No point to cut Leblanc at this point, unless the plan is to break his confidence once again.

The guy is done in this organization. He'll be traded for a bust in the making.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Odd with the LL cut, clearly sending a msg, not sure if that's good or bad, because he was good out there tonight.

I don't think LL is going to he more than a 3rd liner, and I haven't seen much of him in the AHL but every time I watched him at and NHL level, he has always been good, nothing wow, but making smart plays, winning puck battles along the board.

Even last year during that 1 pre season game, Habs vs Habs, LL looked good in that game even tho he was being benched in the AHL.

Maybe it's his high IQ, or that since being drafted he was had a different team/coach every year, sometimes 3 different coaches in 1 year. But for me he never looks out of place, expect for Ham last year, but I didn't see him of much him there.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The only way I can make sense out of Leblanc being cut is that if the org deems that he was fighting with Bournival for a spot. But that would be a bit dumb, considering LL plays RW (and C), while Bournival plays LW (and C).

But even then, why keep Thomas?

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
I am not against Leblanc but this is being blown out of proportion. He is still in the organization and still has a great opportunity to be a Hab. It depends on how he handles this and there may be factors at work that we know nothing about.

As I said, I hope he plays hard and literally forces the team to recall him from Hamilton sooner rather than later.

couris

Dec 28, 2005
Leblanc cut? Thomas still up? are we trying to collect the smallest forwards top 6 in the NHL?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Really? One week's work is worth more than a year of work?

You have absolutely no way of knowing that.
It's not like Thomas had an amazing season either... Leblanc in his rookie season was on pace for more points than him. Leblanc's defensive game is a lot better, he wins a good portion of is battles and he's average sized. We already have Briere and Gallagher on the RW, no need to replace our small captain with another small player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad