Post-Game Talk: Habs crush the Senators 5-1!

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I watched the game last night, I was really impressed with the shoe, he has hands and he looked good, he might be one of those rough diamonds that Bergevin talked about.
Is that you Woogie?:naughty:

1647777708517.png

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So after last night:

- Nick Suzuki is on pace for 60 pts (22G, 38A) in 82 GP
- Cole Caufield is on pace for 43 pts (19G, 24A) in 67 GP
- Rem Pitlick is on pace for 41 pts (17G, 24A) in 66 GP
- Jake Evans in on pace for 28 pts (11G, 17A) in 73 GP

The Habs still have 20 games left on the season, so with the pace these guys are producing (particulary Nick and Cole), those numbers will go up.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Nice all around game last night by the boys. Allen with timely big saves and over all control of the match! This team is extremely fun to watch now even when things do get a little Kiddiewampus! No quit and unbridled enthusiasm singing Martin has put his stamp on this group. HABS FOREVER!!!!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The fact the Sens rebuild is a few seasons in and still show no signs of improvement is pretty concerning if you're a Sens fan.

They started building from ground zero which can take a long time. I think some fans started jumping the gun after their performance last year subsequent to their slow start.

It's always dangerous to think that kind of run can be translated to the following season, especially on such a young team.

Jul 6, 2016
They started building from ground zero which can take a long time. I think some fans started jumping the gun after their performance last year subsequent to their slow start.

It's always dangerous to think that kind of run can be translated to the following season, especially on such a young team.

It's a very fragile team. Their D is far from being solid, even less with Chabot out. The loss of Batherson hurt them a lot. Their goalie stuation is puzzling. The fans interest in Ottawa is at its lowest. Nothing exiting really outside Tkatchuk. Hopefully kids like Sanderson and Pinto will join them next season.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Every time I watch Brady Tkachuk play, I wonder why people on this board are so in love with him.

Same, I really didn’t think he played very well last night. Pretty crazy he got a bigger AAV than Svechnikov did this past offseason. I’d also take Suzuki over him (who also has less cap hit).

Reactions: donghabs98

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Ottawa fan behind me wouldn't shut up until it was 3-1. You would have thought every player on their team was the second coming of 99 or 66.
That was the case even when the Sens were competitive. I can safely say I respect gloating from Bruins fans more than Sens fans since at least the Bruins have won and are actually good

Reactions: dinodebino

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON

we also mustn't get to confident - as playting games when there is nothing on the line (playoff spot, div title) is a hell of a lot easier. Unlike baseball, you really cant get a read on your team until the first 20 gms of the season.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
we also mustn't get to confident - as playting games when there is nothing on the line (playoff spot, div title) is a hell of a lot easier. Unlike baseball, you really cant get a read on your team until the first 20 gms of the season.

I don't think anyone here is proclaiming playoffs like some Sens fans were after last year.

It sounds like the habs will have more of a veteran presence than a ground zero type of rebuild though. Let's re-evaluate how the roster looks at training camp next year but either way, I don't expect playoffs next year.

Reactions: themilosh

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So after last night:

The Habs still have 20 games left on the season, so with the pace these guys are producing (particulary Nick and Cole), those numbers will go up.
Going up against some better teams those numbers may sag a bit.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
So after last night:

There's still 20 games left? Jeez it's gonna be harder and harder to tank.

Another good reason to not go scorched Earth with us.

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Another good reason to not go scorched Earth with us.

We traded Toffoli and Chariot. Who replace them?
Petry is probably getting traded to an American team this off season and Gallagher’s body is falling apart.

Weber, Danault and Tatar, still haven’t been replaced either.

It might still all depend on Price ability to come back or their astute to attract quality UFAs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad