Post-Game Talk: Habs continue to be bad, lose 3-2 in OT vs the Kings

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Only 5:28 ice time for Pezzetta tonight

Yeah ... 5:28 min of ice time and three useless penalties: tripping, cross-checking, and unsportsmanlike conduct.

The Habs lost six minutes of even play during which they could have possibly scored a goal ... instead they had to penalty kill in those six minutes.

If Pezzeta does that again, he should be demoted and sent back to the AHL or even lower.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yeah ... 5:28 min of ice time and three useless penalties: tripping, cross-checking, and unsportsmanlike conduct.

The Habs lost six minutes of even play during which they could have possibly scored a goal ... instead they had to penalty kill in those six minutes.

If Pezzeta does that again, he should be demoted and sent back to the AHL or even lower.

At least one became a 4 on 4.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
new lottery rules actually

I don't follow. Rules have been changed but 5th does not have more % than 2nd or 3rd from what I can tell.

NHL Draft Lottery changes announced for 2021

Main changes:
* Only the bottom 11 have a shot at #1OA. Basically, you can only move 10 spots down.
* Last place team can only slip down to 3rd OA at worse
* Teams can't win the lottery more than twice in 5 years

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM

Not accurate.

One of those penalties was a co-incidental minor with Lemieux. Immediately after that ended and after some serious screaming from Lemieux in the box, Pezzetta tries to force the issue while Lemieux acts like his old man. Pezzetta gives him a weak shove, Lemieux goes down like he was shot, and the refs buy his act. Mike Johnson called it a “worse dive than the first penalty” Lemieux also got for diving. Brendan Gallagher went down to the end of the bench and verbally abused Lemieux after it was over. Should have been offsetting minors again. This woke the Habs up though, and they played much better after killing off the penalty.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
We have more chance at getting Wright if we finish 4-5 th than 2nd or 3rd.

Sorry, not sure I follow. I can see where maybe dead last has less of a chance of #1 than 4th and 5th combined. So if we had the 4th and 5th picks, then sure, we may have a better chance. If we only have one of the 4th or 5th, I’m not sure how this works.

In fairness, statistics wasn’t my thing back in school, but finishing 2nd or 3rd should be better odds than 4th or 5th. However, the odds of 4th and 5th I understand would be better than 2nd or 3rd.

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
I don't follow. Rules have been changed but 5th does not have more % than 2nd or 3rd from what I can tell.

NHL Draft Lottery changes announced for 2021

Main changes:
* Only the bottom 11 have a shot at #1OA. Basically, you can only move 10 spots down.
* Last place team can only slip down to 3rd OA at worse
* Teams can't win the lottery more than twice in 5 years

does that mean buffalo is off the race for 1st overall?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad