Habs comeback and win 4-3 in SO V.S. Fleyrs

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I agree with all those people talking about resting Markov.
I didn't forget who was on the ice when Dominic Moore scored the lone goal in Game 6 of the Rangers-Canadiens Conference Final Series.

Definitely. Yes we want to have a good position in playoffs (home advantage), but...if we're not going to be properly rested and healthy for playoffs...it's no use. The healthiest/best team usually goes far in playoffs. We want to be that team.

Therrien has to do TWO THINGS...get us into a good playoff position (home avantage) while better managing the ice-time of Markov, Subban, Pleks. We want to win, BUT we also don't want our MVPs (Price, Subban, Plekanec, Markov,etc) to be dead tired and/or all banged-up before PLAYOFFS. 82 games could take a toll on anyone. Give ore ice-time to the younger ones...whenever you can.

http://i.imgur.com/3w8PZVS.gifv
Markov is hilarious :laugh:
Edit: tried to embed a gif of markov but cant seem to get it to work so theres the URL. its funny.

Love it when Markov shows that much emotion (Markov has Subban fever!! love it!). I've bashed Markov in the past (many many times for being injury prone and us giving up many 2nd Rnd picks because of it,etc,etc, but gotta admit...love seeing Markov celebrate like that!! But...I want him to save a lot of it emotion/energy for the PLAYOFFS. Like some have said here...Markov really really slows down towards March/April...coach has to realize that Markov is not 25 anymore. Go Markov Go!! Stay healthy and as fresh as possible...for playoffs.

He's shooting 40 percent so probably not.:laugh:

Pleks does seem very happy to play with Galchenyuk though. Seems to be the first time he has a linemate who offensively keeps up with him since Kovalev.

Pleks better not get too happy!! Watch Therrien remove Galchenyuk and put him with DD/+Pacioretty!:sarcasm: (and then he'll put Moen with Pleks:sarcasm:). Loving the chemistry between Pleks and Galchenyuk.

Not now, but down the road...Therrien can also try Gallagher with Eller and Bourque as the SPARKPLUG on that line. Just for a few games. After all...that's what an 82 game season is about...developing as much chemistry with various teammates in case of injury and for everyone to familiarize each other with as many teammates.

TOP 9:
Galchenyuk-Pleks-Gallagher/Sekac
Pacioretty-DD-Parenteau
Bourque-Eller-Gallagher/Sekac
Andrighetto
Thomas

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bouillon?

Right on..

Chase, chase, chase.. oh **** I'm out of position, better take no one instead of someone.. ah ****, I ****ing suck.

All he had to do was check Moore in front of the net and all Tokarski has to worry about is a narrow angle walk-out (One of the simplest saves).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad