Habs clinch playoff avatars

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Eesh...

Some of you guys should learn to respect people who come into these threads. AFAIK, the Sabres fan didn't crap on any members of the Habs forum, the team, the coaches, or the players. No excuses were used either.

Don't see why it's mostly impossible for you guys to address the guy in a way that wouldn't make you seem like sore winners.

I'm a Hab fan but a lot of you are acting like Bruins fans. Yes, I sincerely mean that. The team you favor winning a game isn't a license to act like a penis. It's just a game. Lighten up and enjoy the fact that we clinched a Playoffs spot.

GO HABS GO!

I think i hear violins playing. :nopity:

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
so many people here wanted Forsberg.. he'll be good, but not anywhere close to Chuckie

I still would take Forsberg over Grigorenko...but Galchenyuk has really been the best case scenario. I really had no idea how much that injury would have effected Gally's development, but I assumed even if there was no physical issue he'd still be hurt by it.

But he's as good as advertised.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Whatever happened to Tyler Myers? Wow. He's still young so I hope he can pick up his game next season but he looks like a shell of his former self out there.

Needs to be traded to the Habs. Tinordi-Myers twin towers 2nd pairing.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I was hoping for Grigorenko, but I am gladly eating crow on that one. We got the best player no doubt.

Yeah I was on the Grigorenko train till about a month before the draft after hearing all the Chucky hype and watching him as much as I could. Separated himself pretty quickly in my mind and on draft day was literally sitting in front of the TV praying Edmonton and CBJ passed on him.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

In February and March, there was a lot of Forsberg and Grigorenko support though. I remember people here claiming they'd pick Grigorenko #1 because he was a ''big center''. But it slowly but surely started to move towards Galchenyuk as the draft got closer and closer, mostly because he proved he was healthy by playing some games and then did well at the combine.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Just browsing the Leafs board.

Wow, do they have some creeps over there. :help:

Not all... but some.

Yeah, now we're diving smurfs.... :shakehead It's crazy how quickly Clode's comments caught on... They're complaining about our 8 power plays without watching the game....

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Yeah, now we're diving smurfs.... :shakehead It's crazy how quickly Clode's comments caught on... They're complaining about our 8 power plays without watching the game....

Leafs complaining about other teams being handed PPs! :amazed:

They are guaranteed a 5 on 3 to finish the game if they're down by one. Or up by one.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Plus Pacioretty and Plekanec in the top 60. Not bad.
If you include Beaulieu, we have 13 players with .5 ppg.

Last season, we had 4.
Back in 2007-8 we have 8.

But the OP was wrong, Ryder and Subban are 31st and 33rd.

This team is going to be hard to play against in PO.
We take the lead in most games and we can come back.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
My only complaints are (looking towards a deep run):

- missing Emelin (obviously not a complaint, more of a worry). I think he's very underrated for things like puck control, skating, shooting, reading plays. He really is a very solid D man and I don't fully trust our D offensively and defensively without him. I really hope Diaz will come back and make up for it in his own way. I don't need Emelin hitting, but playing the body and being strong on the puck - can't have enough of that.

- Our first PP unit. I like Gio, and I have defended him for the most part 5 on 5, but I just don't see how Eller or Chucky wouldn't be better. They are better with the puck, they are bigger bodies, they have more skill to pass and make plays and just overall Gio has dropped off from previous seasons as being a guy who is dangerous on the PP. I just don't want to be in a must score situation and see the most predictable plays between him and Pleks going nowhere. Add some spice to the equation with Eller at least!

Otherwise we're playing well, but still need a few guys to kick it up in the finishing dept. DD and Patch are trying hard, for sure, but we need them (either of them) to score more goals. I like how max is not trying to shoot from far so much and is cutting to the center, and I hope he gets into the zone he was in last year, cuz he will be possibly the most pivotal scorer for us given we need it from all of our lines. If he goes on a tear, we're golden. DD...please dude, finish your empty nets. Otherwise you're doing better.

Loving Halpern 2.0 (much like the original)

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Galchenyuk and Subby on the PP i pure dirtiness. Just the way it is. Also, Thhe 2 MTL fighting majors were followed by 2 Sabres penalties so that is perfect. Exactly what we want.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
We are 24th in the league with 12.6 minutes per game (Toronto is 29th with 15.9 minutes but clear leader with 41 major penalties).
Also 24th in minor penalties (Toronto is 10th, Boston is 15th).

Meanwhile Buffalo is the leader in minor penalties.

If you look at the numbers, Toronto and Boston are clearly favored.

To me looking at the game, I see so many uncalled penalties.

Just look at Gallagher, every game opponents are giving him so many double-check.
It took four double checks against him before a penalty was called and three of them were after the whistle.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
what Bouillon did tonight was great. So much for people who fear Ott and Kaleta ... other than bodychecking with the intent to injure, they can't handle themselves against tougher guys. I was waiting for a statement from bouillon and I'm glad he could take the back seat all season due to prust's phenomenal season, but down the last mile, it wouldn't surprise me at all if bouillon would go into playoff mode and beast his way up to the unsung hero role. Really happy that he is signed next year and can sacrifice and go all in during the playoffs, underated move by bergevin.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Galchenyuk and Subby on the PP i pure dirtiness. Just the way it is. Also, Thhe 2 MTL fighting majors were followed by 2 Sabres penalties so that is perfect. Exactly what we want.

How I wish this was possible.

Chucky's touch on the puck is ridiculous. He can get it to people in such tight places and so many of his plays go unnoticed that keep us in the zone. If he could find a way to corral his shot, I would be scared ****less as a goalie facing him and Subban on a PP (+ Markov, Pleks and let's just say Ryder on that wave).

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
I dont think so. I am sure that Therrien and his staff has the team focused on a bigger prize than clinching the playoffs.

Sure, clinching a playoff spot is a big improvement over last year, but there have been, historically, bounce-back teams that lost drive for the remainder of the regular season after clinching a playoff spot the year they bounced back.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
so many people here wanted Forsberg.. he'll be good, but not anywhere close to Chuckie

Not many people wanted Forsberg... I remember the Grigo and Alex band wagon being much greater than the Forsberg. Maybe you're just messing me up with 25 other posters, as I completely flooded the forum with how awesome Forsberg is...

And honestly, I think I'd still pick him ahead of Chuckie. No knock on him, I'm just delusional:laugh:

And now that I read the thread... I wanted Murray over Chucky too.. Damn. I'll go to the confessional thread.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad