Habs clinch playoff avatars

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Dear Habs fans-

Congrats on the win, well deserved and helps our tank. But please, please keep your "Ole" soccer ******** in your own building. Extremely classless to rub in a blowout win against a rebuilding team.

-Sabres fan who wishes you well going forward. Hope you guys clinch next game, and please knock off the Leafs if you meet them in the playoffs.

North American Fans can be so uptight, seriously.

There is nothing saying that this chant is only for soccer. Secondly, its not "rubbing it in". The chant has nothing to do with winning, its just about having a good time and cheering... it has nothing to do with the opposition... do you get mad at "go habs go" too?

I'd hate to hear what you think what they na na na goodbye song... now that is a direct shot at the opposition... not that it should matter.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If you include Beaulieu, we have 13 players with .5 ppg.

Last season, we had 4.
Back in 2007-8 we have 8.

But the OP was wrong, Ryder and Subban are 31st and 33rd.

This team is going to be hard to play against in PO.
We take the lead in most games and we can come back.

They're tied with 34... A point is a point for me, so I don't see the appeal of discrediting assist... They're tied.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I cant believe we clinched a playoff spot and some here are talking about prospects. forsberg > grig > gally. :laugh:

first off, and thats the truth no matter how you want to look at it, a third of forsberg's hype is due to his name. if his name was beerberg, he wouldn't have had the same type of coverage imho.

second, its too soon to judge any player that young. (with a side note that gally was impressive almost all year)

third, team is one. you can't buy that and he is part of it. he wasnt shoved down, he earned it.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
We now have Galchenyuk and we'll have a bunch of picks in this year's draft. We've arrived a year or two earlier than I thought we would but we are there. We have a Norris calibre blueliner, strong number one goalie, some good young scorers and a couple of good young defensemen on the verge of joining the team.

REBUILDING IS DONE!

Let Calgary worry about it now.

Here is the fantastic bit. This team is clearly top 3 in the East with Galchenyuk contribututing as a pretty good top nine LW.

They didn't need a number one C better than Plekanec to be solid. But they still have one in the pipeline.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Not many people wanted Forsberg... I remember the Grigo and Alex band wagon being much greater than the Forsberg. Maybe you're just messing me up with 25 other posters, as I completely flooded the forum with how awesome Forsberg is...

And honestly, I think I'd still pick him ahead of Chuckie. No knock on him, I'm just delusional:laugh:

And now that I read the thread... I wanted Murray over Chucky too.. Damn. I'll go to the confessional thread.
A lot of people wanted Forsberg earlier earlier on. Then it went to Grigs vs Gally.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Congrats to Habs fans on a pretty remarkable year. Interesting how the East has scrambled up this year in comparison to last year.

- Leafs fan hoping to catch a little Canadian playoff action

AlexC

Mar 7, 2008
Paris
Habbits clinch!

Habbits clinch!

Habbits clinch!

HabbitsPNG_zps7ad1085c.png

Woot!

:handclap:

I rofl'ed so hard ! That's awesome ! :laugh:
Is there any chance u can resize this to avatar format (without losing to much ?) I would definitely like to use it

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Yeah, now we're diving smurfs.... :shakehead It's crazy how quickly Clode's comments caught on... They're complaining about our 8 power plays without watching the game....
Puck possesion team, with alot of skill...teams in the east are not equipped to handle it...so they take alot of penalties vs the Habs...deal with it folks...;)

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Oh my dear Lord... On the Bruins board someone said they really can't stand it when a player makes a huge clean hit like that (the licker vs Gallagher), and then gets jumped. This HAS to be a joke. They wrote the book on how to jump someone after a clean hit. I could find a thousand examples, but the first one that comes to mind is A. Kostityn vs Lucic a few years back...

:shakehead

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Oh my dear Lord... On the Bruins board someone said they really can't stand it when a player makes a huge clean hit like that (the licker vs Gallagher), and then gets jumped. This HAS to be a joke. They wrote the book on how to jump someone after a clean hit. I could find a thousand examples, but the first one that comes to mind is A. Kostityn vs Lucic a few years back...

what the....

We didn't even jump him.

Desharnais challenged him, Ott was not accepting while Gallagher pushed him away. Then Bouillon challenged him and they fought. There was no jumping. :laugh:

PunkinDrublic*

Steve Ott is a crazy competitor...i would take him on my team anyday.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

Funny because they always criticized Emelin for hitting hard and not backing it up with his fists when his hits were almost always perfectly legal.

AlexC

Mar 7, 2008
Paris
The irony being, that he cares enough about the Bruins board to criticize your comments regarding the Bruins board. :laugh:
Let's just say I care about Habs fans talking about the bruins board. So in a sense your logic seems ok
c) can I post whatever I want please?
What about good things they say about us over there ? It probably rarely happens, it would be worth mentioning.

Sorry, my comment was harsh. But really, what do you expect from them ?

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012

Next up: They can't stand how our players always celebrates after a goal, so classless to rub it in.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
What about good things they say about us over there ? It probably rarely happens, it would be worth mentioning.

Sorry, my comment was harsh. But really, what do you expect from them ?

It's all fine. I think some of us like to go read their board, especially after a win from us and a loss for them. I find it helpful to enjoy a win even more :laugh:

As for the good things they say about us, like you said it rarely happens, but I found one: they seem to like Gallagher.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Someone needs to giff Kaleta ( I think it was him) doing the superman through the air trying to level Subban. I thought it was pretty funny.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
It feels awesome seeing the team clinch with so much hockey left to play. Pro-rated to an 82 game season, we would have clinched a spot with 14 games left. It nice not biting my nails watching the scoreboard on the last Sunday of the season.

I can honestly say that I feel we have a legitimate chance this season to win it all. We have depth like we never had in a very long time. I think we are set for years to come with all the youth that we have contributing on a nightly basis.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Someone needs to giff Kaleta ( I think it was him) doing the superman through the air trying to level Subban. I thought it was pretty funny.

I believe it was Foligno. He looked ridiculous doing it. So did Kaleta trying to pump up the crowd after doing nothing against Prust.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Puck possesion team, with alot of skill...teams in the east are not equipped to handle it...so they take alot of penalties vs the Habs...deal with it folks...;)

Not only that, there was one too many men on the ice penalty, and one puck over the glass penalty, both crystal clear... That brings it down to 6, there was a clear elbow... I really have no idea what people can complain about...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad