Confirmed with Link: Habs claim Mike Brown off waivers

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Decent chances. Got the puck to the net snd give them a chance to jam it home.

He's scratched because our team is dumb. Anaheim is a tough team and should play, instead they need a spot for Matteau...

Scratch Byron he hasn't played well the past 2 games.
Anaheim is full of agitators. You need to not get sucked into the yapping Keeler, Bieksa, and the like can get into.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Decent chances. Got the puck to the net snd give them a chance to jam it home.

He's scratched because our team is dumb. Anaheim is a tough team and should play, instead they need a spot for Matteau...

Scratch Byron he hasn't played well the past 2 games.

I'd rather they play Matteau than Brown, let's see what the kid can do. Brown is a known, borderline useless commodity. Plus they only picked him up because we needed a body for the SJ game after the DSP trade.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I'd rather they play Matteau than Brown, let's see what the kid can do. Brown is a known, borderline useless commodity. Plus they only picked him up because we needed a body for the SJ game after the DSP trade.

More than that, IMO. They had Lessio in case.

Btw, he should be down to AHL. He needs to play, but I don't a NHLer in him.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Mike Brown has the new habs record for most hits in one game:9 vs Dallas yesterday....

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
He's been better than I expected, mind you I didn't really expect much from him. He reminds me of Brad Staubitz. Someone who is a boarderline NHLer but can hit and fight. Like Staubitz, Brown likely won't be back next season.

Speaking of Staubitz,

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
First time in his career of over 400 NHL games that he was named first star of a match. Also his first ever multi point game! Congrats Mike!

:handclap:

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
His fighting style kind of sucks, but he is aggressive and throws a ton of hits while never backing down. He's exactly what you need on the fourth line to give this soft team some much needed jam. I wasn't a fan of the pick up originally but I appreciate what he brings to the table.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The one thing that Brown (And Big Mac) have illustrated in the last few weeks of the season is that it was a big mistake to start with such a soft bottom 6 .When things started going south after Christmas we really lacked those guys that can give the team some momentum and confidence. I hope we don't take the same approach next year and make sure we have at least some sandpaper on the lineup. A Byron-Mitchell-Flynn ''energy line'' just won't cut it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The one thing that Brown (And Big Mac) have illustrated in the last few weeks of the season is that it was a big mistake to start with such a soft bottom 6 .When things started going south after Christmas we really lacked those guys that can give the team some momentum and confidence. I hope we don't take the same approach next year and make sure we have at least some sandpaper on the lineup. A Byron-Mitchell-Flynn ''energy line'' just won't cut it.

Will be interesting to see what management does this summer, maybe we have a 4th line of Lessio Mitchell Brown/Matteau. If Mitchell gets hurt they could call up McCarron to fill his spot. Maybe Flynn goes to the AHL, Byron to the 3rd line.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It's hard not to like Brown. His energy his fantastic and he's actually a very good skater. I still think we need more raw talent on the 4th line, but I wouldn't be upset to see Brown as a 13th forward next season.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
It's hard not to like Brown. His energy his fantastic and he's actually a very good skater. I still think we need more raw talent on the 4th line, but I wouldn't be upset to see Brown as a 13th forward next season.

Yeah, a 13th skater I would be down with. He has enough talent to not only have to goon it up, but he's no sniper so he'd better play within his talents and role which is to bring energy, agitate and drop the gloves when needed. I do like he's been disciplined enough to not take stupid penalties days on end which was what I was worried about.

I also think he'd be a good mentor for a guy like McCarron. He won't be teaching him how to score by any means, but maybe take the pressure off him so that McCarron doesn't have to be the one to fight all the time.

I got all caught up in all the Scott drama like everyone else, but Brown brings a lot more to the table that Scott.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal

I agree 100% with this and that is why I would re-sign Brown and have him on the 4th line with Mitchell, and Matteau who's another physical player.

Furthermore, I would hope Byron re-signing would mean the end of Flynn, as both are soft 4th liners and we have an overload of pluggers.

Finally, McCarron, just like Brown, has brought some much needed jam to our line-up and with a good camp should no doubt stay on the team next year. He can play anywhere in our top-9 and provide a lot of energy, physicality to go along with some nice skills. A 3rd line of Danault-Eller-McCarron doesn't look bad, plus all 3 can take face-offs.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

The need for a Brown type is evident. We've sorely missed the fearless guy who can make his mates comfortable by having their backs. We often talk about players who automatically make those around them better Prust was one and so is Brown. It can't be overlooked. McCarron also has that effect but we need to teach him how to take advantage of those 6' 6" headlocks and face washes instead of dropping them. :naughty:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
If not Brown, we definitely need a similar guy on the lineup to start next year. Matt Martin comes to mind.

I mean Martin puts up Mike Brown's career point totals every season. He's one of the if not the best fourth line winger in the league.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Every year we get a new scrub who seems almost not terrible, then MB signs him to an extension and he becomes unbearable. Mitchell, Flynn, Byron, Wiese to an extent, Brown, rinse repeat.

If Brown is on the Habs next season, he'll be waived at some point.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I mean Martin puts up Mike Brown's career point totals every season. He's one of the if not the best fourth line winger in the league.

He'd get my vote for sure. That Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck combo is probably the best energy line in the whole league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad