Post-Game Talk: Habs choke 5-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Well Subban didn't help himself here....he said to Thornton that he was sorry. And frankly, I agree with both. Now that it's funny to be hit, but to duck hits is incredibly dangerous. That's what Subban did instead of just here trying to avoid it by moving out....or just taking it. Ducking is really dangerous.

As opposed to getting rammed into the boards by someone much heavier. Ya what Subban did was dangerous let me tell you. How do you avoid a hit when you don't know its coming from behind and lose your footing.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
There is really only one way to unravel the Bruins.
Besides Price stoning them.
Take away their time and space constantly.
Not just one of three shifts... ALL THE TIME
JM did that he didn't have near the team we have now.
Why the hell did we revert to playing the type of game we played in the regular season.
Why haven't we continued to evolve the style we played against Tampa?
Because the Bruins are a more physical team?
Not a good reason in my books. We need to play to our strengths not theirs.
5 men units forcing the play all over the ice.
Do we have the horses for that?

I didn't see anything noticeable style change against Tampa in games 1 and 2. It was a 1-2-2 for most of the Tampa breakouts. The Tampa D corps being full of bad puck movers and Ondrej Palat being the only consistently deadly force they had contributed greatly to our "domination" of the Bolts. The Bruins have at least two Palat-level forwards on their roster. Reilly Smith and Bergeron have already made their presence known on the scoresheet two games in a two. Marchand, Iggy, Lucic, Krejci, Eriksson, and Soderberg are all capable of breaking out in a future game; they already have accumulated assists. Torey Krug and Dougie Hamilton are offensively above Hedman and have made their presence known on the scoresheet as well; they are clearly above Diaz caliber and likely as potent as Beaulieu is for us.

The Bruins also are better passers than the Bolts and less turnover prone, which means "opportunity" to test our D's (lack of) competence in their own end.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
But doing it in the regular season and being regularly exposed by the same great team is another thing.

Ellers line had a horrible game -3
CJ adjusted and often had Bergeron against them.
Leaving Chara out against our so called number 1.
Both lines ineffective 5 on 5.
Sadly they have far more of flexibilty than we have.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
1- You kind of did by insisting on how much of an impact the loss of this game will have.
2- We always are in the Bruins head. They hate us. They are open about it. Even after their win, Julien still managed to whine about things. Heck, they got a penalty for abusive language from the bench. They got a couple of deflections their way giving them a push, we blew some coverage, and now it means we're not in their mind?
We are always in their mind.
Will they be more composed? Maybe. Maybe not. One big hit and the Bruins lose their crap.
In 2011 we had just lost MaxPac, PK and Eller was a rookie, Markov was injured, we had greats like Sopel, Spacek, Weber, Mara, Pouliot, and although Price was solid he wasn't the same composed keeper. I mean really, the team is almost entirely different.

And for the few minutes they get us out of their heads, they have proven they can pot 2-3 goals on us during that time period.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
As opposed to getting rammed into the boards by someone much heavier. Ya what Subban did was dangerous let me tell you. How do you avoid a hit when you don't know its coming from behind and lose your footing.

That's how it looks to me also. Seems like he just lost an edge.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
And for the few minutes they get us out of their heads, they have proven they can pot 2-3 goals on us during that time period.

You mean shooting off Bouillon and in?
Since when has scoring a couple of goals fast has become a rare occurrence in hockey?
They aren't pushing us out of their heads, or are you arguing that we shut them down for the whole game except for that little stretch?? What if Price doesn't make these crazy insane saves and they pot 2-3 earlier?

The Bruins hate us. We are always in their heads. Doesn't mean they can't win hockey games.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
You mean shooting off Bouillon and in?
Since when has scoring a couple of goals fast has become a rare occurrence in hockey?
They aren't pushing us out of their heads, or are you arguing that we shut them down for the whole game except for that little stretch?? What if Price doesn't make these crazy insane saves and they pot 2-3 earlier?

The Bruins hate us. We are always in their heads. Doesn't mean they can't win hockey games.

Articulate what are the specific effects of "we are always in their heads". That way, we don't get lost in this discussion to confusion over mere semantics.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I didn't see anything noticeable style change against Tampa in games 1 and 2. It was a 1-2-2 for most of the Tampa breakouts. The Tampa D corps being full of bad puck movers and Ondrej Palat being the only consistently deadly force they had contributed greatly to our "domination" of the Bolts. The Bruins have at least two Palat-level forwards on their roster. Reilly Smith and Bergeron have already made their presence known on the scoresheet two games in a two. Marchand, Iggy, Lucic, Krejci, Eriksson, and Soderberg are all capable of breaking out in a future game; they already have accumulated assists. Torey Krug and Dougie Hamilton are offensively above Hedman and have made their presence known on the scoresheet as well; they are clearly above Diaz caliber and likely as potent as Beaulieu is for us.

The Bruins also are better passers than the Bolts and less turnover prone, which means "opportunity" to test our D's (lack of) competence in their own end.

Well you should have.
We did not use 1 2 2 Against Tampa.
We actually used 2 1 2 most of the series the third man circling the upper slot.
We also had our D far further up ice cutting the neutral zone. This requires TEAM SPEED. Do you not recall Weaver pinching and Gallagher not backing him up leading to a goal. Everyone blamed Weaver but Gallagher was at fault. We were playing a Press and Pinch the fowards being responsible for backing the pinching D.

If you saw anything remotely close to this in Boston I'd suggest a vistit to the eye doctor :laugh:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Why do you duck if you don't know it's coming?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Lack of discipline, easily irritable.

So far, at least one Bruin has lost their cool in the first two periods(Marchand's penalty in Game 1 occurred at the end of the second) in both games so far, but they seem to pay more attention to the scoreboard once the third rolls around and they don't send themselves to the box that often.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
1- You kind of did by insisting on how much of an impact the loss of this game will have.
2- We always are in the Bruins head. They hate us. They are open about it. Even after their win, Julien still managed to whine about things. Heck, they got a penalty for abusive language from the bench. They got a couple of deflections their way giving them a push, we blew some coverage, and now it means we're not in their mind?
We are always in their mind.
Will they be more composed? Maybe. Maybe not. One big hit and the Bruins lose their crap.
In 2011 we had just lost MaxPac, PK and Eller was a rookie, Markov was injured, we had greats like Sopel, Spacek, Weber, Mara, Pouliot, and although Price was solid he wasn't the same composed keeper. I mean really, the team is almost entirely different.

The impact is huge.
Going home 2-0 with all that transpired would have been incredible.
You seem to misunderstand what my (being in their heads) means.

1) Rask can't beat us
2) Can't get anything past Carey Price
3) no matter how well we play we can't beat these *****rs

The three things i just mentioned are what lead to frustration and lack of discipline.
The hate thing is equal on both sides.
We are always in their heads is a complete fallacy they have won 5 of the last 7 series.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So far, at least one Bruin has lost their cool in the first two periods(Marchand's penalty in Game 1 occurred at the end of the second) in both games so far, but they seem to pay more attention to the scoreboard once the third rolls around and they don't send themselves to the box that often.

They had a bench penalty yesterday for abusive language. Iginla has been yapping since his first shift.
So did Thornton. Julien as usual. Rask has been rather average.

Typical Bruins vs Habs.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The impact is huge.
Going home 2-0 with all that transpired would have been incredible.
You seem to misunderstand what my (being in their heads) means.

1) Rask can't beat us
2) Can't get anything past Carey Price
3) no matter how well we play we can't beat these *****rs

The three things i just mentioned are what lead to frustration and lack of discipline.
The hate thing is equal on both sides.
We are always in their heads is a complete fallacy they have won 5 of the last 7 series.

Where does it say that being in their heads mean they will lose?..

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They had a bench penalty yesterday for abusive language. Iginla has been yapping since his first shift.

Typical Bruins vs Habs.

All this...
We have to build it back up again...

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Typical Bruins vs Habs.
All those penalties occurred in the first and second periods, as the boxscore would show. Me saying that they rack up their penalties in the first and second periods is not an attempt to prove the statement: "they are not in their heads". It is matter of delineating when us being in their heads leads to them to actually doing something on the boxscore.

They don't put themselves in the box as much during third periods when the score is close or when they are trailing; when they do get penalized, it's due to being burnt on hockey plays, not their tough guy act. The opportunities they give us are in the first and second periods. The Bruins seem to start caring solely about the scoreboard in the third if the game is within reach.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Where does it say that being in their heads mean they will lose?..

It doesn't and never will but it doesn't hurt.
For me it's what goes on once the whistle blows and the puck is dropped.
Doubt is huge in sports.
I was loving everything i was seeing in terms of Boston's composure as a Habs fan.
I truly believe we had them right where we wanted them but let them off the mat.
The question now is can we bring them back to where they were?
Had we held on to game two that boiling point would have been a lot closer to the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad