Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would love to see the sore 4 go down in flames tonight

It’s like even if they managed to sack up, and come back and win the series what’s their reward?

A supreme ass kicking from Florida doesn’t exactly sound appealing… specially for a team as mentally fragile as the leafs from the coach down they are mentally weak

• Haha
Reactions: Panthers Propaganda

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Start Woll just so he gets the experience. But Bruins close it out tonight. Can't see hpw the Leafs have any motivation anymore. Keefe likely already has his bags packed waiting for the call of his termination.

Reactions: thegazelle

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It’s like even if they managed to sack up, and come back and win the series what’s their reward?

A supreme ass kicking from Florida doesn’t exactly sound appealing… specially for a team as mentally fragile as the leafs from the coach down they are mentally weak
Boston is their Cup Final. They'd probably feel really great if they were to come back and win. Roles reversed, I know I would. Boston has been their Daddy for years now.

Seeing them destroyed in Boston would also give me a great satisfaction.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Holy shit, how’d I miss the Nylander-Marner exchange? Absolutely hilarious. Completely outta line from Nylander, that’s on the personal side of things, but Marner reacts like a junior player who just got yelled at by his mom, so.. shit man, if the thrown off glove fits.

What a f***ing mess though, I don’t know how all 4 are back next year. Marner has gotta be done, right? Make him the center piece in Utah, he ain’t gonna lift a cup.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Holy shit, how’d I miss the Nylander-Marner exchange? Absolutely hilarious. Completely outta line from Nylander, that’s on the personal side of things, but Marner reacts like a junior player who just got yelled at by his mom, so.. shit man, if the thrown off glove fits.

What a f***ing mess though, I don’t know how all 4 are back next year. Marner has gotta be done, right? Make him the center piece in Utah, he ain’t gonna lift a cup.
Unless he puts up some Gretzky type of performance to comeback and win the series, he's very likely done. Facing a LOT of heat from the entire city. Fans, media, teammates, absolutely everybody, yeah he has a NMC I know, but when he's getting ripped to shreds like this, I think there's a pretty decent chance he'll be willing to waive. If not let him walk.

There's guys that will get you to the playoffs and guys that will get you through the playoffs, Marner is the former. I have faith in Matthews and Nylander, but I've seen enough from Marner. Like I said, unless he pulls of some godly performances over the next 3 games, he's very likely done here.

Reactions: Summer Rose

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Start Woll just so he gets the experience. But Bruins close it out tonight. Can't see hpw the Leafs have any motivation anymore. Keefe likely already has his bags packed waiting for the call of his termination.
I agree, but I personally don't think dumping Keefe will be the solution to all the Leafs issues. Getting rid of Dubas was a step in the right direction, but ultimately it's Shanahan and his whole philosophy which I think is what needs to change. All these overpriced contracts were handed out during his tenure, so ultimately he is on the hook for the consequences (as he should be). Until Shanahan goes, any changes will really be window dressing. The problem is whether the organization has gotten to the point where they acknowledge "The Shanaplan" has not been a recipe for success.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
690 says nostrils on the ice and left , out there very short
its not stomach , he is hurt
SN showed him struggling to skate at the end of the 2nd period and never came back

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Jack Edward's final game call at home tonight. Series ain't over but would be nice to see Jack make a final win call at home. Thinking this clip turned every leaf fan into an Edwards hater.

Do it for Jacky!

I hope he has ample opportunities to annoy the crap out of everyone from Albany to Toronto :laugh:

• Love
Reactions: Blowfish

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Nylander was talking to Matthews there not Marner.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
If the Leafs lose do we see a sit down interview between Matthews and Shanahan like we saw from the Sens with Melnyk and Borocop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad