Post-Game Talk: Habs choke 5-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Watch the overhead reply on that goal, his back foot hit the post and hindered his slide across.

Anyone blaming Price needs a punch in the face. He makes how many unbelievable saves and people want to focus on the one goal that was suspect.

Really?

Which means that Price can't NEVER be blamed for anything EVER again 'cause he will ALWAYS make some brillant saves before and will always be one of our top players and will always be the reason why we would have won games. Is it how it's supposed to be? To never be able to blame Price for any goals till the end of his career? People are just mixing 2 separate things. We all understand how great he is, but even great ones give bad goals and are badly positioned. If he hits his post with his skate, it was his fault. He wasn't pushed into it, he practices those moves every single day, reason why they do it it's because it's not an easy task to do it and when you are in catastrophy mode, you need a sound reflex so that you still are in position to make the save. If the guy shoots and still beat you, well find. But as a goalie you did your job. He was in panic mode just like the rest of the team. Is it his fault we lost? Absolutely not. Did he play that shot to his best of his abilities? Absolutely not either. But somehow, saying he wasn't great on that goal AUTOMATICALLY means you feel he's worst than Bryzgalov. A little perspective would be great. And somehow a DRAMA QUEEN is people panicking over not a whole lot.....just like the ones who are doing it when people have the nerve to say that Price wasn,t at his best there. That's also DRAMA QUENNISH. Just like wanting to punch somebody in the face because they don't share the same opinion.....pretty sure that's Drama Queen material too.

In the end, when all is said and done, I would replace half of the forwards of this team, and probalby half of the D. And WILL NOT ask for Price's head. So to me, the understanding to how important he is to the team is there. But it still CANNOT mean that he's totally exempt till the end of days to be slighly criticized EVEN THOUGH it was made clear that the loss WASN'T HIS FAULT.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
can someone explain to me the arbitrary nature of being a mod on the main board? why is some **** allowed to pass while other stuff is blocked or infracted? it makes 0 sense to me. why is it purely subjective and seemingly biased?

rumple03

Oct 1, 2008
You are far more optimistic about our play than the reality of BOTH games demonstrated.
We had no business winning the first and self destructed in the second.
Boston will be looking to clamp down in game three with a grinding road game.
They have far fewer errors to address than we have. They also typically play us better on the road than at home. The bully mentality will remain. They will headshot us every chance they get in the scrums.
It is impossible to avoid scrums in this league you can limit them but not avoid them altogether.
The only way we can benefit is if the Refs start calling the first shot which is usually Boston.
Unfortunately we had them right where we wanted them with regards to frustration and lack of discipline
but we let them off the hook. Expect a far more composed Bruins team in Montreal.

I'd rather be optimistic about our chances, than pouting and being all sour grapes about it. Imagine if the players on the Habs had the same thought process of most of the Habs fan on this board, might as well just throw in the towel before the series started.

Boston is supposed to win it all. Yes we had a breakdown that cost us the game. But name a team that hasn't happened to really.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I love Carey but...
Price would want two back...
Simple as that.

He didn't start the fires but got burned just the same.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
can someone explain to me the arbitrary nature of being a mod on the main board? why is some **** allowed to pass while other stuff is blocked or infracted? it makes 0 sense to me. why is it purely subjective and seemingly biased?

Interpretation of the CoC and if someone reports it as far as I can see but I'm not a mod.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I love Carey but...
Simple as that.

The one where he was screened?
The one where it went off Bouillon's leg when he had the proper line for the save?
The one where it hit a rut in the ice and shot up over his shoulder?
The one where a cross seam pass to an open player?

Price was amazing last game and Boston got some luck to go with defensive break downs to score. This game was long over if they buckled down the hatches and didn't tip shots into their own.

rumple03

Oct 1, 2008
Interpretation of the CoC and if someone reports it as far as I can see but I'm not a mod.

Recently had a back and forth with a Bruin mod, received an infraction, and then received an infraction from a global mod for stating why I got an infraction which is I think stupid.

What I received the infraction for was a joke in my opinion but hey, mods can do as they wish.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Recently had a back and forth with a Bruin mod, received an infraction, and then received an infraction from a global mod for stating why I got an infraction which is I think stupid.

What I received the infraction for was a joke in my opinion but hey, mods can do as they wish.

You're not allowed to talk about particulars regarding mods or infractions, just a heads up. Guys around here are easier going about it but I wouldn't recommend it.

rumple03

Oct 1, 2008
I would say filing a complaint will get you nowhere. They are all gonna pick up for each other and just regurgitate the rules back at you.

It's like trying to file a complaint against a police officer, to another police officer, they will just take the police officer's side unless the mod himself is breaking rules.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'd rather be optimistic about our chances, than pouting and being all sour grapes about it. Imagine if the players on the Habs had the same thought process of most of the Habs fan on this board, might as well just throw in the towel before the series started.

Boston is supposed to win it all. Yes we had a breakdown that cost us the game. But name a team that hasn't happened to really.

:laugh:
If being a realist is pouting then I guess I'm pouting. :cry:
I am disappointed in letting one get away in the WORST possible manner.
There is not one person I know with even an average Hockey IQ that doesn't understand the impact of that loss. We got smoked in every area except the PP and goaltending in game one. Game two saw us take advantage of poor discipline get in their heads and yet find a way to gift wrap them a win.
Guess what we are no longer in their heads.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I love Carey but...
Simple as that.

he was the only player to show up in game 1 and was the only reason for the win, I'd give him a pass for game 2, which for the most part Montreal was out played too.

rumple03

Oct 1, 2008
Not if it's legit.

What is considered legit? I wasn't allowed to post something on the Bruins board about something I disagreed with, and I am not allowed to state what exactly that was to you guys or I will receive another infraction. This way it allows the mods to keep everything hush hush so that we as posters can't use their own words against them, our word vs theirs.

I'll probably receive an infraction for typing that above too.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The one where he was screened?
The one where it went off Bouillon's leg when he had the proper line for the save?
The one where it hit a rut in the ice and shot up over his shoulder?
The one where a cross seam pass to an open player?

Price was amazing last game and Boston got some luck to go with defensive break downs to score. This game was long over if they buckled down the hatches and didn't tip shots into their own.

3 and 4 ...
three should never go in from that angle rut or no rut. He didn't track that puck at all.
four just poor mechanics he was almost face first into the ice trying to make that save.
no balance not square not usual...

He would want both those back guaranteed...

rumple03

Oct 1, 2008
:laugh:
If being a realist is pouting then I guess I'm pouting. :cry:
I am disappointed in letting one get away in the WORST possible manner.
There is not one person I know with even an average Hockey IQ that doesn't understand the impact of that loss. We got smoked in every area except the PP and goaltending in game one. Game two saw us take advantage of poor discipline get in their heads and yet find a way to gift wrap them a win.
Guess what we are no longer in their heads.

The pouters are the ones stating things like might as well throw in the towel, we are done and finished and damn Price let in a softy we are screwed and Boston is gonna win the next 3 and fire this guy.

It's called over reacting, and saying things like we are no longer in their heads? Are you privy to the locker room banter? do you know some Bruins players or coaches? You are just speculating. You won't know any of this for sure until game 3 and 4 at home.

What I know, based on facts and this past season is that no matter how much our fan base overreacts and scrutinizes every player and throws them under the bus bc of one or two bad shifts and one or two bad games, they have proven to be a focused and determined group that bounces back.

rumple03

Oct 1, 2008
he was the only player to show up in game 1 and was the only reason for the win, I'd give him a pass for game 2, which for the most part Montreal was out played too.

I don't think Montreal was badly outplayed in game 2 at all. Shots were 35-28, how many of those came on the 5-3 in the 1st period. This game was a game of momentum shifts, and the Habs handled it well until that 3-4 min breakdown in the 3rd. There were stretches in the 2nd and 3rd where the Bruins didn't even get out of their own end let alone register a shot on goal.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I don't think Montreal was badly outplayed in game 2 at all. Shots were 35-28, how many of those came on the 5-3 in the 1st period. This game was a game of momentum shifts, and the Habs handled it well until that 3-4 min breakdown in the 3rd. There were stretches in the 2nd and 3rd where the Bruins didn't even get out of their own end let alone register a shot on goal.

Montreal didn't "handled" it well. They were defending well. They were not counterattacking. And were not that much in possession of the puck either. More work in the offensive zone, less work to do in your defensive zone. Until they understand that they are not a protecting the lead team, they will not be succesful. Only thing Bruins needed was that 1 goal, they got it, rest is history.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
While I'm sure Price would love another chance at the 3rd and 4th goals, things like this happen when you spend 70 percent of the nite defending.

The fourth goal had a good chance of going in even if Price plays it perfectly. The defense is frequently shredded with passes right thru the box. You can't continually ask your goalie to make those type of lateral moves and saves all nite.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
3 and 4 ...
three should never go in from that angle rut or no rut. He didn't track that puck at all.
four just poor mechanics he was almost face first into the ice trying to make that save.
no balance not square not usual...

He would want both those back guaranteed...

My goodness, think about what you just said. The puck was tracked along the ice and he was in perfect position to make the save and then it shot in the air for no reason at all. Absolutely zero goaltenders in the world make that save.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo

Because you are a Habs fan. I got 3 infractions within 40 mins of each other because of "trolling".

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
While I'm sure Price would love another chance at the 3rd and 4th goals, things like this happen when you spend 70 percent of the nite defending.

The fourth goal had a good chance of going in even if Price plays it perfectly. The defense is frequently shredded with passes right thru the box. You can't continually ask your goalie to make those type of lateral moves and saves all nite.

True. It STILL was a bad movement by him.....but he can't do everything. I did at the start of the series that we needed a miraculous Price to win this series. It HAS to mean that I recognize that the rest of the team is WAY more the problem. He was miraculous game 1, we won. He was borderline miraculous for the first 50 minutes...we were leading. Miracles stopped....we lost. Our best 5-5 offensive forwards were Bourque and Eller. It has to say a lot.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
We need a bigger and more mobile defence, faster forwards, more two-way players, and a better coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad