Jun 24, 2012
My turn....

- Penis Missile was mean to us
- Matheson is a poopy head
- The rebuild is broken and I want a new one
- Tanks Alot

View attachment 837371

Am I doing it right?
Perfect content template for fan forums.

Not only are you showing aptitudes for creating GDTs, but like a lot of us, you’re spending way too much time here. :laugh:

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I was disappointed primeau let that cross crease pass just slide by. Goalie is the 5th stick on the pk and he needs to be more aggressive with his stick. Hope his coach noticed. He will learn.
I'm far more concerned about Primeau's poor rebound control. Sometimes he looks like a racquetball court.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I'm far more concerned about Primeau's poor rebound control. Sometimes he looks like a racquetball court.
I pointed this out last night and was shot down yet again lol. What is going on in this place? It seems that it's okay to call Matheson a bum or Anderson but some players on the roster cannot be criticized. 2 of the 5 goals that Primeau gave up were caused by poor rebound control but people blamed the coverage. I didn't see it that way but I prefer not to argue for 20 back-and-forth useless exchanges.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I pointed this out last night and was shot down yet again lol. What is going on in this place? It seems that it's okay to call Matheson a bum or Anderson but some players on the roster cannot be criticized. 2 of the 5 goals that Primeau gave up were caused by poor rebound control but people blamed the coverage. I didn't see it that way but I prefer not to argue for 20 back-and-forth useless exchanges.
That’s exactly the kind of posts I’m looking for. Call it as you see it.

If it agrees with the majority view, fine. If it doesn’t, so be it. There is no need to bash someone who has a different opinion than most on any given issue — it’s actually refreshing as it forces one to re-examine one’s views and see what may have been missed or under-appreciated.

Also, agreeing to disagree is a beautiful thing and can avert a lot of useless posturing. Keep bringing it, good Sir.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
We're both old. What else do we have to do but engage in meaningless exchanges?

Its unfortunate that a bit of spotty goaltending and questionable officiating, undermined one of our better games. Over the recent years tt certainly has been a rare site for us to watch our team dominate possession (on multiple occasions) in an opposing team's defensive zone for a minute or more as we did against the Flames last night. Totally unimpressed with that team.

Laughed to see that tiny Flames' goalie kissing his goal posts on multiple occasions. I think after Xhekaj rang that shot off the goal post he was thanking his lucky stars that he wasn't hit by that wrist shot. Its only a matter of time before Xhekak kills someone with his shot. Hopefully it won't be be one of our forwards.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Please mention the players name if the post you are responding to does not. No idea whom you’re talking about.
Unfortunately a thread is what it is a thread.
I was responding to someone I correspond with frequently and there was no question he knew who WE were talking about.
I suggest you take time to read the post I replied to and you wouldn't be asking.

• Love
Reactions: teamfirst

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Unfortunately a thread is what it is a thread.
I was responding to someone I correspond with frequently and there was no question he knew who WE were talking about.
I suggest you take time to read the post I replied to and you wouldn't be asking.
Except, your conversation can be of interest to more than the individual you are responding to.

I try to incorporate the player’s name in posts I’m responding to unless the name already appears in the replied-to post.

Some are casual users or don’t want to have to backtrack several posts to find out who is being discussed so I get where the comment is coming from. I especially find it annoying to search back posts in a live thread situation for obvious reasons.

However, to each their own.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Except, your conversation can be of interest to more than the individual you are responding to.

I try to incorporate the player’s name in posts I’m responding to unless the name already appears in the replied-to post.

Some are casual users or don’t want to have to backtrack several posts to find out who is being discussed so I get where the comment is coming from. I especially find it annoying to search back posts in a live thread situation for obvious reasons.

However, to each their own.
True.
I forget some threads jump all over the place. I also forget other people aren't me and maybe won't go back to unravel the conversation.

Reactions: Runner77

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

If it agrees with the majority view, fine. If it doesn’t, so be it. There is no need to bash someone who has a different opinion than most on any given issue — it’s actually refreshing as it forces one to re-examine one’s views and see what may have been missed or under-appreciated.

Also, agreeing to disagree is a beautiful thing and can avert a lot of useless posturing. Keep bringing it, good Sir.
I could never do that back and forth for 3 pages, what's the point? My takes are more than just hot takes though, I watch things in the game that I don't always post about but if the trends continue with a player I bring it up. Everyone sees things differently and trying to convince someone they are wrong is an exercise in futility so it isn't my thing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I could never do that back and forth for 3 pages, what's the point? My takes are more than just hot takes though, I watch things in the game that I don't always post about but if the trends continue with a player I bring it up. Everyone sees things differently and trying to convince someone they are wrong is an exercise in futility so it isn't my thing.
I’m not a fan of the 3+ pages of back and forth exchanges as more often than not it ends up in vitriol, ad hominem responses and very lengthy posts.

Although, there have been some epic battles on this forum that I did enjoy. One that comes to mind is between @417 and @Kriss E where either side was adamant and backed up their positions over several pages and even over several days and once they’d said their pieces, they’d do it all over again a few days later.

But not everyone can do it in such an entertaining fashion. @417 remains active but don’t see much of @Kriss E posting these days.

Reactions: 417 and OldCraig71

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

I DON'T AGREE WITH ANY OF THIS POST

I’m not a fan of the 3+ pages of back and forth exchanges as more often than not it ends up in vitriol, ad hominem responses and very lengthy posts.

Although, there have been some epic battles on this forum that I did enjoy. One that comes to mind is between @417 and @Kriss E where either side was adamant and backed up their positions over several pages and even over several days and once they’d said their pieces, they’d do it all over again a few days later.

But not everyone can do it in such an entertaining fashion. @417 remains active but don’t see much of @Kriss E posting these days.
for local frenemies on here, I much prefer a duel with pistols once the sunrise bends over at the crack of dawn...
between westmount and NDG.
f*** St Henri and all of you who post from there

• Haha
Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
Hurricanes came back & won in a shootout. It was 4-2 Toronto with less than 2 minutes left in game!
f2c644fd-cd10-48d4-acb9-00a44f33cd10_text.gif

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

I think that Halak vs Price could use another go.

• Haha

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Pospisil is one of those guys who is loved by one fanbase and hated by 31 others. He gives a lot of spark to Flames, I could imagine Florian Xhekaj could develop into similar type of player (maybe not so crazy).
He is a great warrior, his career was almost over as he already had like three concussions and the last one was really bad. He spend months in dark/quite regime to recover.
Anyway, I have no idea wtf was he doing with Nick and I am glad Slaf stepped up.

Reactions: Pazucha

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Just think how much more unwatchable this team would be without Xhekaj out there.

He’s one of the most compelling stories in the league in recent years. And is quickly becoming the face of this storied franchise.
Regardless of where he ultimately ends up in the lineup or even the team itself, it's clear Xhekaj brings that X-factor which draws attention from fans, the league, and opposing teams and their fans too. I hope the Habs are smart enough to recognize his potential value to the organization as a whole is much more than it is at this specific moment.

He can be a glue guy in the room, a tough guy on the ice, a standard-setter among the roster, and a fan favourite across town.

Hope to see him continue his growth trajectory so he really cements a spot in the NHL and for the Habs specifically. He's the kind of character that makes a bitter old fan think Go Habs Go. I cannot wait to see him throw his weight around in matches that matter.

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad