Habs change to single logo design at center ice

Do you prefer the new single Habs logo at center ice or the old two-logo design?

• Total voters

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
This is all fine, but when do they reveal the hot-dogs?!?

I wanna know if they will change the goal song. For all the complaints of Allez Montreal it was at least original, whatever techno nonsense they had last season was generic, devoid of character and made we want to cheer against scoring. It was pretty reflective of last season's team.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
It cuts your logo in half, and in a bit of an awkward way. It's pretty bad. Anyways, like it or not...why even do that? Not a big deal regardless, just pointless.
Change for the sake of Change should definitely be the new motto of this organization.

As for the word play...Are they trolling their own fans? "Hey guys.....we made big big changes down the middle for this year...ready?? Ready?!?!?...We moved our logo! hhihihiihihi Got you!"
Is the one in charge here a teenage Leafs fan? The hell is wrong with this club..

Molson promised fans they would see big changes on the ice come next season. Too bad for us rather than doing the thing a real owner should do which is take charge and find people to do the changes, Molson decided to stick to fall changes.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
That's the problem with this franchise. They no longer want to lead, they just want to be one of the crowd.
My God THIS. This is what I've noticed of MB, he's a follower not a leader. When he gets eliminated by a size team he adds size, when he gets eliminated by a speed team he adds speed. Just following what the previous champ did.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
This was one of the prophetic signs. ALL HAIL KING BELIAL, LET THE CHOSEN ONE LIFT THE CUP OVER HIS ANOINTED HEAD.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
If we were switching from this logo to the old one instead, I guarantee the same people would be outraged.
Change for the sake of change is never a good reason to change anything. It smacks of desperation and a desire to distract people from more important issues. "We still have no #1 center but hey, check out that new, bigger center ice logo!" It ranks right up there with "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

And if they're doing it merely because all the other teams are doing it then it's an even worse reason because this team should never be following the pack; it should be leading it.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
This was one of the prophetic signs. ALL HAIL KING BELIAL, LET THE CHOSEN ONE LIFT THE CUP OVER HIS ANOINTED HEAD.

Everything is happening. Accept Belial into your heart as your king and guide! The cup shall return!

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Everything is happening. Accept Belial into your heart as your king and guide! The cup shall return!
Bob Cole was the wise man atop the hill. ALL HAIL BOB COLE! TO VICTORY!

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I wanna know if they will change the goal song. For all the complaints of Allez Montreal it was at least original, whatever techno nonsense they had last season was generic, devoid of character and made we want to cheer against scoring. It was pretty reflective of last season's team.
Yet another example of taking away something that was unique and original and replacing it with something generic that everyone else is using. Literally any sports team in the world can play U2's "Vertigo" after a goal is scored (and many still do) Why the Habs decided to use it is anyone's guess. I'm not a fan of the pequistes who comprise Loco Locass but at least the "Allez Montreal" ditty was unique to Montreal. Personally, the one I liked best was this one:

But there's another more traditional goal song that they seem to have forgotten about entirely, the old French Canadian folk song, "Les Canadiens Sont La"

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
If there wasn’t a post ranting about it I wouldn’t have noticed. I would’ve just assumed I remembered wrong.

It’s not a big deal and I honestly don’t care.

It looks fine either way.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Don't fix what ain't broken.

and there are many broken parts to fix. the goal song being one of them. I Wonder how they come up with this in a meeting to get things better...

anyway this year I'm not spending my bi-annual 1000$+ to go to the bell center. stupid management that thinks their fans are as stupid as they are.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I also liked the double logo better. This concept looks like it belongs in a practice facility or something.

Some logos work as a single. For me, the ch is not one of them

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Yet another example of taking away something that was unique and original and replacing it with something generic that everyone else is using. Literally any sports team in the world can play U2's "Vertigo" after a goal is scored (and many still do) Why the Habs decided to use it is anyone's guess. I'm not a fan of the pequistes who comprise Loco Locass but at least the "Allez Montreal" ditty was unique to Montreal. Personally, the one I liked best was this one:

I just watched this video yesterday and that song sounds so much better. Watching the line-up back then makes me feel so nostalgic... especially if you compare it with the upcoming one.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Then you're not very old. The logo at Maple Leaf Gardens was nothing more than a small maple leaf around the center ice face-off dot.
Exactly.

When the NHL said they had to have the red line all the way across the ice the went to 2 small logos on either side of the red line.

But I kinda see what you mean. I'm 51 and remember what would now be called a medium sized logo but looking at historical photos, the center ice logo was at one time pretty small.
But there was only one of them.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

I wonder who came up with this brilliant idea, they can't even get this right. The red line totally bisects the logo and disfigures it.

The red line should stop at the edges of both side of the logo...just like in the KHL....

Why the NHL runs the red line directly overtop of the logos?...I dunno....lol..like taking a nice piece of art and painting a line right down the middle...

Reactions: Pickles

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I don't really care about 1 logo or 2 logos but why didn't the put the logo the other way and cut the logo down the middle? That's just me.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
The red line should stop at the edges of both side of the logo...just like in the KHL....

Why the NHL runs the red line directly overtop of the logos?...I dunno....lol..like taking a nice piece of art and painting a line right down the middle...
Exactly! Well said. Maybe I'm overreacting but I love that logo it's sacred to alot of people. Putting a line down the middle of it seems wrong somehow.

Reactions: Redux91

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Im going to say i love because even if I dont find it aesthetically pleasing because it makes the logo disjointed looking and has nothing to do with the team or management, DramaticGloveSave will repeat, for the 100th time how we just hate Bergy, we blame him for this, criticise everything because of this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad