RNH

He's available.

What do you think it would cost?

Plekanec, Juulsen, and a 1st?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
See I disagree here. Year 5 and we have that top scoring C in AG. We used to have a very solid 2C in Pleks but he crapped the bed. Our back up to him was DD but he is also crapping the bed.

If Pleks was playing like he should the team wouldn't be so bad at C and the biggest problem would be 13 minute a night DD, which in reality isn't that bad of a problem because it wouldn't be to hard IMHO to upgrade.
You disagree? So you are ok with our C position?? Seriously, did I miss something?

We are thin, or just awful right now at centre...if not for Chucky, this place would be insane....

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Hanzal would be a good rental tho not giving this guy a long term contract, 3C spot should be McCarron next year, as for a 50pts 2C unless MB can do some magic, i think we will have to settle with Pleky for this year, and i'm confident that he and patch-gally are about to get it going

If you can't get what you need why trade for something you already have and lose the significant assets it would take for a Hanzal? Doesn't makes sense from a hockey perspective. All things being equal I could see where you're going but the reality is very different.

Not to mention I'm not sure Hanzal has ever had a full season played under his belt. Maybe one. Too risky for the cost and the player you're getting back.

My point is that a 45 P + 45 P centers = 60 P + 30 P centers if you think about it.

That doesn't help us. DD could be a 45 point centre more than Hanzal is. We need a bonafide 2nd line centre like a RNH who can come in and generate more offense than anyone not names Galchenyuk. Anything less would be too big a gamble for the assets they'd cost and likely fair no better than Plex or DD making it a lateral move and costing us assets to move sideways!

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
You disagree? So you are ok with our C position?? Seriously, did I miss something?

Yup, you definitely missed something, then added your own conclusion. He never said he's happy with what we have for centres, he's saying it wouldn't be so bad if Plekanec was playing like the organization and 90% of the fans expected at the start of the season. Therefore it's hard to blame MG for not dealing with this earlier.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I'd take Hanzal over RNH. I don't think our issue is skill, we are dreadfully small up front especially at C. Which means we're not able to win battles in the offensive zone and the opposition just moves it back out, our D is not getting forward support to win battles in our end in order to break out.

RNH will not fix that. Hanzal will, and it would cost us much less. Is RNH even presently on the market? But I'm as concerned as everyone else about his injury history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad