GDT: Habs @ Caps - 10.9.2014 7 PM - CSN

Halpysback*

Well the team is better with Green in the press box, so maybe he's taking one for the team.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
How strong is that woman throwing the table, those things are NOT light?

Also Green out already was a given, he's Mike Green. I really hope Orlov comes back better than ever so Green can be traded at the deadline.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Ok so based on these last two posts:

1. Hillen is better than Green.

2. Orlov is less injured than Green.

Well thats interesting.

Now to the game...Caps match up well with Montreal and I like our chances greatly.

We'll win as long as we don't suck.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
2. Orlov is less injured than Green.

Yes Orlov is hurt, but at least I can look at a video and see what happened and say "ok his wrist is broken or he took a big hit and is concussed". With Green it is always these bs 'phantom' injuries that it seems like a different type of player would just play through.

Green is a very good player but there is just too much of the same garbage year after year with him. If Orlov comes back and immediately gets hurt again I will say the same thing about him come contract time. At some point you just have to cut your loses and move on.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I think I'm most interested to see that 4th line. Brown and O'Brien can hopefully do the dirty work for 92. I think Brown has enough skill to play with 92 as well.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Yes Orlov is hurt, but at least I can look at a video and see what happened and say "ok his wrist is broken or he took a big hit and is concussed". With Green it is always these bs 'phantom' injuries that it seems like a different type of player would just play through.

Green is a very good player but there is just too much of the same garbage year after year with him. If Orlov comes back and immediately gets hurt again I will say the same thing about him come contract time. At some point you just have to cut your loses and move on.

Didn't Orlov have a couple long term injuries prior to this one? One was a concussion I believe too.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
The HATE is strong around here...

Can we at least let the season play out first? So much bitterness over some players.

Now that Laich "seems" healthy the focus will shift to the next goat in line.

We have a good coach, good depth in all positions and some young exciting players to go along with some world class players.

But some people can only post if they are taking a shot at a player, the GM or the org in general. To each their own i suppose.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The HATE is strong around here...

Can we at least let the season play out first? So much bitterness over some players.

Now that Laich "seems" healthy the focus will shift to the next goat in line.

We have a good coach, good depth in all positions and some young exciting players to go along with some world class players.

But some people can only post if they are taking a shot at a player, the GM or the org in general. To each their own i suppose.

no...come on, dude. Laich may be healthy but that doesn't mean he won't be able to hold up his end of the doom. right?

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
who's defending? calling out the cheap shots for what they are doesn't make a comment one way or the other on Green.

Who's taking cheap shots? Saying Green is hurt again, to start the season no less, isn't a cheap shot.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Arguing already? The first game is hours away. Don't make me break out Animal House Kevin Bacon already.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Arguing already? The first game is hours away. Don't make me break out Animal House Kevin Bacon already.
Honestly, nobody knows much more then anyone else. We're all along for the crazy ride that is Caps hockey just like every other year. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad