GDT: Habs @ Caps - 10.9.2014 7 PM - CSN

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Fight about it? Lol what? Someone used the soda example and said zomg leadership I just disputed that saying that alone doesn't make you a leader.

Sorry your view is just absurd. Drinking a soda doesn't make you any less of a leader. I mean wow, how can you believe that.

That alone. You use that phrase to invalidate the example.

As for it being absurd. The nutritionist would disagree. The GM and agent that tell the player to stick to a diet would disagree. Its no less a violation of good habits than skipping a workout or eating fast food. lets drop it. If you don't think what these players eat and drink is important, I can never prove the violating those protocols has any value.

next?

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
That alone. You use that phrase to invalidate the example.

As for it being absurd. The nutritionist would disagree. The GM and agent that tell the player to stick to a diet would disagree. Its no less a violation of good habits than skipping a workout or eating fast food. lets drop it. If you don't think what these players eat and drink is important, I can never prove the violating those protocols has any value.

next?

Yes...that alone doesn't make you a leader, what am I missing. That's all that was given and he was proclaimed a leader. Your not a leader just because you tell someone not to drink soda.

Teammates would disagree, and that's all that matters. No one gives a **** if a nutrionalist does or doesn't believe if a player is a leader or not. Doubt Bruins players think Chara is less of a leader because he drinks soda. I seriously can't believe you believe that. Drinking soda is far less a crime than doing chew or getting drunk at clubs. **** ****.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
drinking a soda does take from away your leadership and if that alone was your leading by example you would fail. as its not that alone and might be a minor bad habit among many quality attributes, it can be washed away by the good.

:help:
We're talking about professional athletes here, not 3 year old kids. I can almost imagine Bruins players whispering around "Hey, did you see Zdeno drink soda early in the 2nd? I think I should get one as well". Everyone knows what he should consume and what he shouldn't, and probably they understand that one guy may have a bit of different organism than another...

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
wow this is hilarious. maybe try to remember why chara was drinking the coke first of all. it was his only time and there was a reason for it, so relax.

Halpysback*

Boychuk 3 points opening night while hitting like Orpik and his team wins, but so far banned zero sodas to Orpik's one.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Boychuk 3 points opening night while hitting like Orpik and his team wins, but so far banned zero sodas to Orpik's one.

Boychuk makes his own soda using SodaStream. That way he can lower the sugar content. Next-level leadership.

Anyway, we've come a long way from Tommy Williams and the gang drinking beer and smoking heaters b/w 2nd and 3rd during blowout losses in Landover.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Hey guys, any idea when Tom Wilson is expected back? I'm thinking of picking him up in fantasy, as no one drafted him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad