GDT: Habs-Canes Dec 31st 7pm RDS TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
My birthday today. I will start to watch the game but the leash will be short.
Happy New Year everyone
Happy Birthday/New Year! Awkward time for your big day -- everybody's suffering from gift-fatigue and good luck getting restaurant reservations.

Reactions: Tyson

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
My birthday today. I will start to watch the game but the leash will be short.
Happy New Year everyone
giphy.gif

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Poehling promoted to Kotkaniemi's line with Cousins.

Vejdemo to play his first game.

Weal demoted and Barber scratched.

All logical moves. Happy with that.

Byron-Thompson-Weal were a pretty good 4th line if memory serves me well.

I look forward to seeing tonight if Vejdemo can fill Byron's role - and look forward to one of Byron, Armia, and Drouin coming back. Would be great if that pushed Cousins back to the 4th line. Cousins-Thompson-Weal is also a decent scrappy 4th line.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
No pressure for Lindgren if he lets in anything under 4 goals in 35 or so shots he'd still have better stats than Carey...

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Barber playing only a little over 3 minutes last game against Florida is pointless. He'll better serve Laval right now. When I saw his TOI last game, I was almost certain he was going to be sent back to Laval. If he plays another two games, he will need to be placed on waivers again.

Vejdemo would also better serve Laval rather than sit. Other than making NHL money right now, they're wasting his time.

If he a least gets inserted in the line-up and plays on the 4th with Thompson and Poehling, he will at least get a game in with the big club.
That could be a blessing :sarcasm:

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Nothing like reading the first ten posts of this thread to give me the ‘warm and fuzzies’ before the next Habs game.

Here’s wishing the posters here a very Happy New Year, and may you cheer up and chill out in 2020!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That could be a blessing :sarcasm:

You bolded a part that I just realized I made a mistake in. I said he needs to play two more games, but he only needs to play one more game to have to go through waivers.

I think it would be a waste of an asset if he needs to go through waivers. Not saying he will get claimed and the Rocket are doomed. But why even get to that part. Just send him down that you can with no risk. He was doing great in Laval before the call up.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Good Luck to Lindgren tonight..

Liked him a couple years ago when he got a chance to play....

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Plus Kotkaniemi is a sophomore

Youth movement is on

Lindgren isn't a rookie. Although he hasn't played enough to call him a young vet either.

Also add Mete in there, who is 21. Kotkaniemi, who is 19.

Youth movement is in effect.
I didn't realize Lindgren's played that many NHL games (15, if I counted correctly). Overall, yeah, the Habs feature lots of 25 and under players. If youth alone could win games, we'd be a contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad