GDT: Habs-Canes Dec 31st 7pm RDS TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
What better way to welcome in 2020 than commemorate the greatest Hab of the last calendar year. A bittersweet and fitting moment to face him on his new team on the final day of the year.

upload_2019-12-31_1-40-41.png

A salute to you all for the new year, courtesy of Maximus Decimus Dominus!

source.gif

Habs projected lineup

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Domi - Suzuki
Poehling - Kotkaniemi - Cousins
Vejdemo/Barber - Thompson - Weal

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Mete - Fleury
Reilly - Folin

Lindgren
Price

Canes projected lineup

Forwards
Svechnikov-Staal-Foegele
Niederreiter-Aho-Teravainen
Dzingel-Haula-Necas
McGinn-Wallmark-Martinook
Defense
Slavin-Hamilton
Gardiner-Pesce
Fleury-Edmundson
Goalies
Mrazek
Reimer
Scratch: Van Riemsdyk (healthy)

Last edited:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I never want the team to lose, but the future of this organization needs the loss this year.

Missing the playoffs should send Bergevin packing and a fresh new beginning with hopefully a top ten pick should send the team further upward

This team is missing Armia and Byron right now who both can contribute. If we are out of playoffs before their return it should start the discussion of selling some veterans ie Byron

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I never want the team to lose, but the future of this organization needs the loss this year.

Missing the playoffs should send Bergevin packing and a fresh new beginning with hopefully a top ten pick should send the team further upward

This team is missing Armia and Byron right now who both can contribute. If we are out of playoffs before their return it should start the discussion of selling some veterans ie Byron
We're also missing Drouin, but even with that substantial injury hit to our offence it's still producing. Ironically, the problem is the healthy backend. Our un-injured D and goaltending are soft and unfocused, and it's killing us. How many times have the Habs taken the lead and then folded the moment the opposition picked up the pace? Embarrassing.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If we lose and the Panthers win, the season is done.

I wouldn't say season is done. But the Habs' fate really depends on other teams' results. And to have to scoreboard watch in the month of December is far from ideal.

But while we're doing that, so are the Panthers and Sabres and other teams in the Atlantic. There are only 8 points that separate the Leafs at 2nd in the Division and the Sabres who sit at 6th.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'd give Lindgren the start but I'm sure it will be Price.

I'd also give Vejdemo a chance. Not that he's a difference maker or anything but give him a try over Barber at least. Barber is probably the least impactful player to play on this team in a while. He does absolutely nothing. Weal sucks but he's at least noticeable when he sucks. Barber just does nothing.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I'd also give Vejdemo a chance. Not that he's a difference maker or anything but give him a try over Barber at least. Barber is probably the least impactful player to play on this team in a while. He does absolutely nothing. Weal sucks but he's at least noticeable when he sucks. Barber just does nothing.

Barber playing only a little over 3 minutes last game against Florida is pointless. He'll better serve Laval right now. When I saw his TOI last game, I was almost certain he was going to be sent back to Laval. If he plays another two games, he will need to be placed on waivers again.

Vejdemo would also better serve Laval rather than sit. Other than making NHL money right now, they're wasting his time.

If he a least gets inserted in the line-up and plays on the 4th with Thompson and Poehling, he will at least get a game in with the big club.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal

As much as I want to see Bergevin pack his bags and trust me I want to see him go badly, I'll bet good $$$ Molson keeps him on. The fact that he didn't fire him after the clusterf*** 2017/18 season means he's here until at least the end of his contract. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Reactions: Gravity

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
As much as I want to see Bergevin pack his bags and trust me I want to see him go badly, I'll bet good $$$ Molson keeps him on. The fact that he didn't fire him after the cluster**** 2017/18 season means he's here until at least the end of his contract. I hope I'm proven wrong.
magoo already stated "have patience it might be three to eight years before we compete.this is after eight years,he's a complete phony and is playing the fans.Not a big fan of carolina's owner but he bought the team and with the improvements has increased attendance BECAUSE THE PRODUCT IS GOOD!! .In a real world bargain brain would have been sent packing years ago but not in magoo's fantasy world,what a putz.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

My priority is Poehling in the top 9 over Weal. When Clode?? When??

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
What better way to welcome in 2020 than commemorate the greatest Hab of the last calendar year. A bittersweet and fitting moment to face him on his new team on the final day of the year.

View attachment 300215
Aho

A salute to you all for the new year, courtesy of Maximus Decimus Dominus!

source.gif

Habs projected lineup

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Domi - Suzuki
Poehling - Kotkaniemi - Cousins
Vejdemo/Barber - Thompson - Weal

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Mete - Fleury
Reilly - Folin

Price
Lindgren

Canes projected lineup

Forwards
Svechnikov-Staal-Foegele
Niederreiter-Aho-Teravainen
Dzingel-Haula-Necas
McGinn-Wallmark-Martinook
Defense
Slavin-Hamilton
Gardiner-Pesce
Fleury-Edmundson
Goalies
Mrazek
Reimer
Scratch: Van Riemsdyk (healthy)
Aho is a 2nd line center? I smell an ass kicking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad