News Article: Habs Bring In Carbonneau, Damphousse, Brisebois & Nilan as Ambassadors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
To your kids and family, I hope so for you.

Nilan fought for the team, so he deserves respect for that.

He was respected for what he did on the ice but that is where it ends and does not give him leeway to act like a reprehensible troglodyte who is above criticism.

I loved the guy as a player but he is becoming an embarrassment to the organization and a liability as an ambassador.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He was respected for what he did on the ice but that is where it ends and does not give him leeway to act like a reprehensible troglodyte who is above criticism.

I loved the guy as a player but he is becoming an embarrassment to the organization and a liability as an ambassador.

I agree with your opinions, but not with your behavior.

Behavior is more important than opinions.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
To your kids and family, I hope so for you.

Nilan fought for the team, so he deserves respect for that.

Not saying he doesn't deserve respect, just not put on a pedestal because he's such a doofus in my mind. Think the team could have found a better spoken representative , that did not also play for the stupid Bruins, that's all.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Not saying he doesn't deserve respect, just not put on a pedestal because he's such a doofus in my mind. Think the team could have found a better spoken representative , that did not also play for the stupid Bruins, that's all.

I only put him on a pedestal to counterbalance the people who came in bomb rushing the thread with the most vulgar of disrespect.

Even if you think it, is this the place? Is it necessary? Is Chris Nilan worthy of attacking when you consider the entire context of his life? I don't know, man. Seems like a total lack of judgement and restraint to me.

Reactions: RyderRocks73

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Chris Nilan is an embarrassment to this franchise when he opens his mouth, the rest are solid choices.
Your opinion may not be so highly of him but the guy will do anything to stick up for fans and team-mates. Think ppl should cut him bit of slack. He bleeds red and blue.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Nilan is probably a situation where they are just finding a way to give him a job. So we don't end up with a "could have the Org done more for the ex player".
Yeah I’ll be honest I worry for the guy. Man probably has brain damage due to the role he played and he’s a former addict which the former likely contributed to.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
I'm good with this decision. Unless people are out there actively hurting others or are advocating for some sort of extreme beliefs (rather than mainstream ones we don't agree with), their political stances don't bother me. It certainly shouldn't stop them from getting jobs. Good for all these guys.

Now let's get Larry in there, hm?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Your opinion may not be so highly of him but the guy will do anything to stick up for fans and team-mates. Think ppl should cut him bit of slack. He bleeds red and blue.

I don't think politics and sports should be as intertwined as they are today, and this comes from someone who went to a Freedumb convoy counter-protest with Nilan likely on the opposite side.

He should be allowed to have whatever dumb views he has, the consequence is that it might not shelter him from the hate he might (and did) get from fans...it's up to the habs management to decide if that's worth the risk and it seems like they decided it wasn't a big enough issue so that's the end of that story for me. I don't respect Nilan as a human but like you said, he bleeds red and blue so welcome aboard

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
This has some serious Bobby Hull potential (minus the sexual harrassment/wife beatings). I need a better example for the whole "Ambassador goes off".

RyderRocks73

Jul 1, 2015
Moncton, NB
I'm confused, I know Nilan didn't isn't vaccinated against covid and is a conservative. But I haven't heard him say anything crazy?

Can someone tell me what I missed?
"That" board trying to bait users over by trolling hockey-related threads on Nilan, Bertuzzi, Thomas, Hasek, Krejci, Keith, Blackwood, Lehner.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
I don't think politics and sports should be as intertwined as they are today, and this comes from someone who went to a Freedumb convoy counter-protest with Nilan likely on the opposite side.

He should be allowed to have whatever dumb views he has, the consequence is that it might not shelter him from the hate he might (and did) get from fans...it's up to the habs management to decide if that's worth the risk and it seems like they decided it wasn't a big enough issue so that's the end of that story for me. I don't respect Nilan as a human but like you said, he bleeds red and blue so welcome aboard
Stop, stop... This is too reasonable. More hysteria plz!

Reactions: double5son10

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Happy for Chris and the others, Brisebois deserve it he had balls to comeback after all that s***

Reactions: BenchBrawl

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
"That" board trying to bait users over by trolling hockey-related threads on Nilan, Bertuzzi, Thomas, Hasek, Krejci, Keith, Blackwood, Lehner.

I'm confused by your post? Are you saying I'm trying to bait people or that other people are trying to bait. The "That" in quotations marks is also puzzling.

Sorry, could you provide some context, my post was a genuine question. I was wondering if I missed something or people were being hysteric over someone else having different opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad