Habs Brass Inability to make a decision

Habblues

Dec 19, 2008
Sec 9 Fredericton NB
Am i the only person who thinks the Habs Brass have TOTALLY mishandled both Beaulieu and Tinordi ??? Before the Olympic break, with the exception of Markov, Beaulieu IMO was our best D man. Very responsible in his own end, with the ability to make FANTASTIC rushes up the ice and some sweet passes. When he was sent down, i just assumed it was to keep him rolling along without taking a break. Next thing i know Tinordi is the guy called up which really took me by surprise......IMO the Habs Brass` inability to make a decision and STICK TO IT, is hurting these two great D man rather that helping them.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Am i the only person who thinks the Habs Brass have TOTALLY mishandled both Beaulieu and Tinordi ??? Before the Olympic break, with the exception of Markov, Beaulieu IMO was our best D man. Very responsible in his own end, with the ability to make FANTASTIC rushes up the ice and some sweet passes. When he was sent down, i just assumed it was to keep him rolling along without taking a break. Next thing i know Tinordi is the guy called up which really took me by surprise......IMO the Habs Brass` inability to make a decision and STICK TO IT, is hurting these two great D man rather that helping them.

When you have a good depth on D it is better not to roll with two rookie D-men. They are grooming them and sending them back down to make sure and not rush them. Exactly what they should be doing. We are telling them that they have to earn a spot on this team.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005

Both Beaulieu and Tinordi over Bouillon and Weaver: Building our youngsters' experience is an investment in our future™

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
My personal opinion... both Tinordi and Beaulieu are overrated by habs fan and they still have a ton to learn in the AHL.

Tinordi decision making is horrible...

Beaulieu work ethic is questionable he is craping the bed since being demoted which is not the right signal if you are a professional hockey player.

Habblues

Dec 19, 2008
Sec 9 Fredericton NB
My personal opinion... both Tinordi and Beaulieu are overrated by habs fan and they still have a ton to learn in the AHL.

Beaulieu work ethic is questionable he is craping the bed since being demoted which is not the right signal if you are a professional hockey player.

Oh I didn`t realize that about Beaulieu......SO that`s why Tinordi was called up then......BUT by Christmas one or the other should have been called up to stay.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005

This is what people are saying, sucks.

Any chance Pateryn gets a chance down the stretch?

he's on the ice for over 90% of 5-5 goals, since being back

High consistency :naughty:

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
It is funny how attitude problems are different from sport to sport. Look at what "Attitude Problems" mean in the NFL, to have attitude problems you have to be getting arrested for gun charges and stuff.

I feel like the attitude problems excuse is so poor in the NHL, that is what justified Seguin's ticket out of Boston and look how he is doing now.

Beaulieu will be fine, so what if he is a little selfish.

Istvan

Nov 17, 2003
SoCal
Visit site

I don't think they're overrated so much as expected to perform at a much higher level a little too soon. I think they'll both be excellent d-men and ready for full time roles next season. It may have been a reasonable plan to bring up each for a 6 to 8 game stint to get a sense of and a taste of "the show" and then return them to Hamilton to get big ice time and continue to develop. Imo Pateryn seems the most NHL ready at the moment.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
A week or two ago I heard some sports guys on the radio taking about another prospect on another team being sent down after a short stint in the NHL. The GM said to the kid, " I'm sending you down" and the kid responded "okay" and the GM replied "it's not OK!".

I don't care if Beaulieu is upset about being sent down because he played better then other players on the Habs. If he struggled and couldn't handle life in the NHL that would be a problem but being shafted by a bunch of dorks isn't a problem for me. I'd prefer if he acted more professionally and it's better for him but Brolieu being upset isn't the end of the world.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
First management puts Pacioretty on the fourth line and now they send him down!? They have irreversibly ruined him, might as well sell him to a dog food factory.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
First management puts Pacioretty on the fourth line and now they send him down!? They have irreversibly ruined him, might as well sell him to a dog food factory.

no! he unruined himself, he got good DESPITE management :rant:

if we had handled him properly, he'd be a 50 goal scorer!

:sarcasm:

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland

ya know what from what I see alot of players on this team make horrible decisions, from the stupid penalty's to the stupid icings to the stupid turnovers, hockey IQ is real low on this team it's too bad cause there is a bit of talent there

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Kind of implied Beaulieu attitude may be holding him back.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012

I think they are a couple of better options than what we're currently icing, but I can see the reluctance to throw either one in a prominent role heading down the stretch.

I think they're both better options than Murray/Boullion, but I think it's bit of a stretch to say they've been mishandled, if anything it's the one thing I've liked about MB, bringing them up for small doses to keep an eye on their progress. I think their assessment is that they're close, but some tinkniering in the minors still needs to be done and I think that's a pretty gaccurate assessment.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Nope, I'm fine with the way they're being handled. Both have gotten NHL experience and I bet they'll both be full-time players next year when we get rid of some of our extra defensemen like Bouillon, Weaver and Murray

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011

People really should just try reading their own posting history sometimes. I just had a flick through yours. You have a long history of being wrong about the development of young players. Subban's being ruined, Pacioretty's being ruined, why isn't Desharnais getting more icetime, why was Ryan White sent to the AHL, why isn't Gallagher thrown straight into the NHL from juniors?

What makes you think that you're not wrong again this time?

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Man we would go nuts if we develop our players like Detroit does. They kept Smith down in Grand Rapids for almost three full seasons. What is so complicated about leaving a prospect to develop in the AHL until there is A: A clear roster spot for him or B: Dominates in the AHL.

BobBobrovsky*

When you have a good depth on D it is better not to roll with two rookie D-men. They are grooming them and sending them back down to make sure and not rush them. Exactly what they should be doing. We are telling them that they have to earn a spot on this team.

Which we do not have, so there goes that argument. We have 76, a slow 79, and the rest is slop on most nights (yes, even 74 . . .). 55 and 43 are undersized, old trash, and 24 is just a faster version of Gill. NB should be playing in the top six. I don't give a crap about his supposed "attitude." This is BS.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Which we do not have, so there goes that argument. We have 76, a slow 79, and the rest is slop on most nights (yes, even 74 . . .). 55 and 43 are undersized, old trash, and 24 is just a faster version of Gill. NB should be playing in the top six. I don't give a crap about his supposed "attitude." This is BS.

Our defense really isn't that bad. Look at other teams in the league, they pretty much are on par with what we have.

habitue*

Next year it will be Bournival, watch I bet he doesn't start the year up here.

Different story. The guy was injured and the team has already two or three forwards paid big bucks to not play every game.

Bournival will be back in a near future, for the Playoffs for sure.

As for Beaulieu, nobody really knows why he was not called back after the Olympics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad