Post-Game Talk: Habs bounce back with a 7-3 win.

Death

Formerly reaping souls as Death ...
Apr 24, 2014
France, Alps
So if you in a bar with your lady and a guy is grabbing her her behind and laughing in your face are you stepping up?

You get provoked enough you will react, you will fight back.

Certainly not ... first and foremost because my girl is no weakling who needs to be defended, she would slap/punch the guy hard in the face and then I get on stage if the guy didn't get it ;)

Anyway, let's hope they make him pay the legal way, good clean hard hits and plenty of goals !

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Aside from the injury to Armia,it was fun game,if a Habs fan. A Rather unusual type game that was all over the place. All the penalties really ruined the flow,but at least Habs potted a few shorties again. A little disappointed that when the game was no longer in doubt they didn't experiment with some line changes as not often do you have the luxury of doing so.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Certainly not ... first and foremost because my girl is no weakling who needs to be defended, she would slap/punch the guy hard in the face and then I get on stage if the guy didn't get it ;)

Anyway, let's hope they make him pay the legal way, good clean hard hits and plenty of goals !
I’m reacting

Reactions: Death

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
These are the most fun GDTs since 2010 for me.

I love you guys
2013 was fun as was the training camp the following year. Then everything went to the shitter.
***Disclaimer*** Providing you weren't upset with the Desharnais threads. :laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Habs lead the NHL in hits...When is the last time we saw that?
I think part of why we won 7-3 yesterday is because we finish our checks and hit..hit..hit. Canucks players looked dead by the 2nd period in a back-to-back.
I'm so happy to see us lead in hits.

View attachment 386971
I remember our only claim to fame not to long ago was shot blocking...
Obviously too much Dzone time it was pathetic.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He was suspended 7 years ago.

The hit was fine. It's super unfortunate that Armia suffered a concussion, but there was no malicious intent from Myers. He kept his shoulder down, he didn't jump. He went for a big hit, Armia was slouched a little and turned his head into the hit as it was happening. It sucks. But under the rules, it's completely legal.

No it isn't. Going after a defenseless player on the blindside is targeting and intent to injure. It is clearly against the rules and one of the types of hits the league "supposedly" addressed a few years back when they sent representatives with video to each club before the season started. The main contact point is only relevant in terms of length of suspension. Giving Myers nothing is equivalent to condoning those types of hits.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
No it isn't. Going after a defenseless player on the blindside is targeting and intent to injure. It is clearly against the rules and one of the types of hits the league "supposedly" addressed a few years back when they sent representatives with video to each club before the season started. The main contact point is only relevant in terms of length of suspension. Giving Myers nothing is equivalent to condoning those types of hits.
I still don't see anything wrong with the hit, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If Anderson offers to drop the mitts, he's stupid. He's too important to be glued on the penalty bench for 5mins with a sieve like Myers. The trade-off would be ridiculous. Edmundson, maybe.

Hit Myers. All. Game. Long. That's how you retaliate.
I guess the silver lining for us is just how bad defensively Myers is. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad