Pre-Game Talk: Habs - Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yeah, but 25% chance IF they finish last means that there is a 75% chance that they won’t get the 1st pick. So, although their chances would be better than all other lottery teams individually, their chances are not better than all other lottery teams collectively.
well if we have a 75% chance of not winning the lottery, this means that there is a 77% chance that the one behind us doesn't get him, and a 80% chance for the next and 83% chance for the next therefore our odds are greater.

Hey, I'm not guaranteeing that we win the lottery but to say it's a flat out impossibility when we 31st out of 32 is disingenuous.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't know what nonsense Ducharme is going to end up doing but he should be giving poehling Caufield Suzuki Romanov icetime. Let them make mistakes and they'll start to play better when they know they won't get benched. Let them gain confidence in themselves that they can score points in the NHL.

If Armia is ready I'd go...

Drouin-Suzuki-Armia (has clicked before, has 2 good defensive players)
Hoffman-Poehling-Caufield (Soft minutes and ozone starts)
Lehkonen-Evans-Ylonen (Ylonen gets a shot to belong)
Pezzetta-Paquette/Dauphin-Perrault (injuries brought us to this)

My only concern with Armia is his footspeed. Suzuki has shown time and again that he skates with his wingers i.e. at their pace. He is far more dynamic with speedy wingers who are able to hold the puck up in the Ozone. Armia is halfway to ideal.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Thing that kills me with Ducharme is….by halfway through tonight’s 2nd period, the Habs will be down 3-0 and generating absolutely nothing on offense

But it will NEVER occur to him that they’ve got this prospect, who they drafted for his offensive ability and whose been productive in the AHL in a scoring role and who could perhaps spark offense in the top 6.

It blows me away…and then people say that DD is “coaching to win”.

He ain’t coaching shit…he’s managing a game plan that he has no ability to deviate from.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well that's it.....he should pull a Pacioretty and tell them to send me back to Laval and call me back when you're serious about my game and what I can bring.

Ducharme being Ducharme I guess :whaaa?:

I realize Gorton hasn’t been here long but what would you say are the odds that he’s OK with Ducharme’s deployment of call-ups? Gorton has attended Hab games, à Laval game, has had staff meetings. Can’t be that he doesn’t see what we all see.

Maybe he’s just put it on the back burner cause he has bigger fish to fry? Or maybe he doesn’t want vets to play on the bottom 6 so as to maintain or help their trade value? Could be a bunch of things but being unaware is not one of them.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I realize Gorton hasn’t been here long but what would you say are the odds that he’s OK with Ducharme’s deployment of call-ups? Gorton has attended Hab games, à Laval game, has had staff meetings. Can’t be that he doesn’t see what we all see.

Maybe he’s just put on the back burner cause he has bigger fish to fry? Or maybe he doesn’t want vets to play on the bottom 6 so as to maintain or help their trade value? Could be a bunch of things but being unaware is not one of them.

Everything will start happening Jan. 2022 Including Price returning to the ice competitively.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
My only concern with Armia is his footspeed. Suzuki has shown time and again that he skates with his wingers i.e. at their pace. He is far more dynamic with speedy wingers who are able to hold the puck up in the Ozone. Armia is halfway to ideal.
wouldn't Ylonen look great on that wing, at least philosophically it looks like a match....but noooo....Silver in his hair has to default to vets that can't produce and have proven so.

Like @417 said, he coaches to win, but doesn't really because he doesn't know how to do it.

He's the kind of guy that will sacrifice his Queen to take down a rook lol He's playing to win but eliminates his best pieces.....like Ylonen on the 4th for 7mins

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
There goes that top 5 pick. :laugh:
Gorton needs to sit his ass down, send him to to china for some rehab

giphy-downsized.gif

See you next fall Carey lol

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
wouldn't Ylonen look great on that wing, at least philosophically it looks like a match....but noooo....Silver in his hair has to default to vets that can't produce and have proven so.

Like @417 said, he coaches to win, but doesn't really because he doesn't know how to do it.

He's the kind of guy that will sacrifice his Queen to take down a rook lol He's playing to win but eliminates his best pieces.....like Ylonen on the 4th for 7mins
He’s coaching to win “his way”.

Reactions: Fenwick McCorsi

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
There goes that top 5 pick. :laugh:

I don’t think a 34 year old Price will make a difference with the number of injuries we have. I just hope he doesn’t get lit up, ruining his chances at the Olympics. It’s not an ideal situation for a player whose missed three months of the season to try and get his game going in our current situation.

Reactions: Runner77

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I don’t think a 34 year old Price will make a difference with the number of injuries we have. I just hope he doesn’t get lit up, ruining his chances at the Olympics. It’s not an ideal situation for a player whose missed three months of the season to try and get his game going in our current situation.
Watch him give up 5 goals in the next two years

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The fact that we are depleted should cue the high brass to maybe not throw him to the wolves as Price would be called on to make miraculous saves which involves the splits, and acrobatic maneuvers and strong push offs putting tons of strain on his knee and this at a high pace....not a favorable situation to drop your star goaltender in....would seem more like setting him up to re aggravate the injury.

Tell Price to take the year off and workout that body of his

Reactions: Runner77

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
The fact that we are depleted should cue the high brass to maybe not throw him to the wolves as Price would be called on to make miraculous saves which involves the splits, and acrobatic maneuvers and strong push offs putting tons of strain on his knee and this at a high pace....not a favorable situation to drop your star goaltender in....would seem more like setting him up to re aggravate the injury.

Tell Price to take the year off and workout that body of his
Is it possible to buy out Price’s contract and if yes, what season can we do it?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Max Lapierre was saying when he was with the Blues that many former Blues players surrounded the club all the time, giving advices to the current players. Seems like it's been a while since we have seen that in Montreal. Seems like MB chased them away.

Reactions: CapSpace

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I have a feeling Price won't be here long if and when he comes backs

Gorton is wise enough to think outside of the box. Make a deal with the Avs for future considerations. So the overall return could be bumped if Price gets them to the finals, another + if they win the cup and a + + if Price wins the Conny. This being said there would obviously be a base framework in play in terms of who and what the teams get at minimum. Good for the Avs because they could keep their roster in place only having to work out the Cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad