Pre-Game Talk: Habs - Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I don't know what nonsense Ducharme is going to end up doing but he should be giving poehling Caufield Suzuki Romanov icetime. Let them make mistakes and they'll start to play better when they know they won't get benched. Let them gain confidence in themselves that they can score points in the NHL.

If Armia is ready I'd go...

Drouin-Suzuki-Armia (has clicked before, has 2 good defensive players)
Hoffman-Poehling-Caufield (Soft minutes and ozone starts)
Lehkonen-Evans-Ylonen (Ylonen gets a shot to belong)
Pezzetta-Paquette/Dauphin-Perrault (injuries brought us to this)

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I don't know what nonsense Ducharme is going to end up doing but he should be giving poehling Caufield Suzuki Romanov icetime. Let them make mistakes and they'll start to play better when they know they won't get benched. Let them gain confidence in themselves that they can score points in the NHL.

Suzuki played almost 23 minutes last night!!! How many more minutes do you guys think he should play?

Cole and Poehls played for around 17 minutes.

He's playing the young guys, come on now...

Reactions: iamtalbot

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Suzuki played almost 23 minutes last night!!! How many more minutes do you guys think he should play?

Cole and Poehls played for around 17 minutes.

He's playing the young guys, come on now...
Sorry from what I understand Poehling didn't play as the 2C minutes wise. And caufield doesn't ever seem to be put as a weapon in the Ozone faceoffs. Its such a waste of development time. CC could be getting reps in about how to quick strike of a faceoff at the NHL level. Also my inclusion of Suzuki is just to name the players who should be getting the icetime, I never said some weren't getting minutes

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Sorry from what I understand Poehling didn't play as the 2C minutes wise. And caufield doesn't ever seem to be put as a weapon in the Ozone faceoffs. Its such a waste of development time. CC could be getting reps in about how to quick strike of a faceoff at the NHL level. Also my inclusion of Suzuki is just to name the players who should be getting the icetime, I never said some weren't getting minutes
There's no need to apologize, we are all here to debate things about hockey in a friendly manner hopefully.

Everyone has the right to an opinion. We can agree or disagree and debate it in a civil manner.

Yes, Poehling got the second-most minutes after Suzuki as a center.

They're getting minutes.

Reactions: Gyfu

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
This guy gets it!

Even if you think Ducharme is the worst coach in the world, why would you change it right now?

He's the perfect fit that will bring us to the promised land.

The Wright choice all the way.
Oh I don't think we'll win more with those lines, but the key young players would be put in the right positions to grow

Reactions: Gravity and Toene

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Right? Like holy hell, Dom is the best tank commander since Rommel, let the man work.

I just don't see the young players getting better under him.. that's the issue, you need the fine balance. So hopefully when we get some bodies back, we can send these guys to the AHL to be away from Dom..

but wait, there's a guy from the heralded Oilers development system down in the AHL.

Gorton has a mountain of work ahead of him. Truly incredible how bad Bergevin was.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I just don't see the young players getting better under him.. that's the issue, you need the fine balance. So hopefully when we get some bodies back, we can send these guys to the AHL to be away from Dom..

but wait, there's a guy from the heralded Oilers development system down in the AHL.

Gorton has a mountain of work ahead of him. Truly incredible how bad Bergevin was.

Just so f***ing bad. Good trader, le dôg shit in literally everything else.

Reactions: habsfan891

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
This Tank Bus doesn't have brakes!! Keep it going baby!

tumblr_of74uyWyeW1s58n9ho1_400.gif

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014

I don't know, something smells about this Armia and "undisclosed injury". Kinda smells like preparing for trade. Why it's not upper/lower body like always.

Reactions: iamtalbot

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
This guy gets it!

Even if you think Ducharme is the worst coach in the world, why would you change it right now?

He's the perfect fit that will bring us to the promised land.

The Wright choice all the way.
Young players still need to develop though and I worry about the outcome from their exposure to him for a full season.

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver

I agree but for them to get better they need a good coaching staff. i am starting to think that ducharme message is not great or not listened to.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
We actually need wins and our coach doesn't really change anything.

Who gives a f*** about wins and he's moving players around like a f***ing hurricane.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
We win tonight then we’re going all the way baby. Habs to the moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad