Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Blues

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
Even if DSP could make it to the game today, he probably won't play. Therrien has to show him how to play the system first.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Having DSP in the lineup against St.Louis would be a bonus, the Blues are one of the biggest teams in the Western Conference, DSP thrives against these types of teams, with his take no prisoners style of play!:nod: :nod:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
it's like a five hour flight from Anaheim.
i think he also has to pass a physical.
there's no way he plays tonight.

It's not 5 hrs to go from Anaheim to St-Louis, that's a eastbound flight, tailwinds. A Montreal to Acapulco flight is a little over 5hrs and that's with headwinds and much further
Anaheim to St-Louis is 3:30hrs to be exact!! That's gate to gate

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I doubt DSP plays tonight. He'll probably meet the team in Columbus and have a practice before playing. Columbus is as a good a start as any. They're a heavy team too.

I really think DSP could be better in the East, but we'll see. I'm pretty anxious to see him play though. He could be what the team needs or he could be dreadful.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
MT if you actually knew what you were doing, DD would be a healthy scratch against a huge team like St. Louis.

DD floats ; 1st line center
Sekac one of the best forwards in the last game; benched
I'll do your job for you.

Pacioretty – Galchenyuk – Gallagher
De La Rose – Plekanec – Sekac
Bournival – Eller --- Thomas
Prust – Malhotra --Weise

If you're St.Louis, everytime we send out the midget they send out Bergland or Backus both over 6'3 and 220lbs.... lmao
Pricer bring your A game

Thank you...you just jinxed St. Louis, and set up DD to score the OT winner.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I love how Therrien said they're going to try Galchenyuk on the right side now. How about trying him back at center, you know, the position we drafted him to play? It's not like we're in any danger of missing the playoffs. Now would be a perfect opportunity to let him run with it and see if he can't take the reins.

Probably because after Pacioretty our winger depth is awful so we need Galchenyuk on the wing, also Galchenyuk hasn't played a full year at centre since he was 16 so it doesn't make much sense to throw him back there 20 games before the playoffs.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
It's not 5 hrs to go from Anaheim to St-Louis, that's a eastbound flight, tailwinds. A Montreal to Acapulco flight is a little over 5hrs and that's with headwinds and much further

But you also lose 2 hours because of the different time zone.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Even if DSP could make it to the game today, he probably won't play. Therrien has to show him how to play the system first.

1. You dump da puck.

2. You grind da puck.

3. You ice da puck.

#LearnDaSystem

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
1. You dump da puck.

2. You grind da puck.

3. You ice da puck.

#LearnDaSystem

You forgot the backcheck! Benched for the rest of da game and scratched 10 games :sarcasm:

But yeah, I guess he'd have enough time on his flight to learn da system.

mechantmardi

Apr 15, 2010
Montreal

yeah sorry I thought it was a home game tonight for some reason.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This is exactly why we needed the trade, teams like St. Louis.

Those 4 pts a season are very crucial, yes.

Joking aside. We need talent. We're not going to fare very well in the play-offs against Tampa Bay this time around. They have guys who can score out of nothing on pretty much every line. We have that on two lines maximum.

Unless we can physically intimidate their skilled players in the play-offs and take away their time and space (this can happen, but we haven't shown a propensity to do so in-season). We're going to be in trouble. We also have trouble scoring on Bishop.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
STL hasn't lost two in a row at home all season. Let's make it a first for them!

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I almost forgot there was a game tonight.

Not sure we come out winners tonight,
nevertheless....

Go Habs Go!

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
So Sekac gets traded, DD is in still a Hab.
Galchenyuk playing RW for the first time in his career
We had a third line made up of centers.

Only in the mind of MT......:shakehead:shakehead

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So Sekac gets traded, DD is in still a Hab.
Galchenyuk playing RW for the first time in his career
We had a third line made up of centers.

Only in the mind of MT......:shakehead:shakehead

Honestly, Chucky on the RW is something that makes sense. He plays better on the right side. Well, he plays best at center, but if he's at wing, I prefer him on the right like he was in Sarnia in his final season.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Honestly, Chucky on the RW is something that makes sense. He plays better on the right side. Well, he plays best at center, but if he's at wing, I prefer him on the right like he was in Sarnia in his final season.

Well the nice thing is:

If Plek gets thrown out of the dot, there's 2 other centres on that line. :laugh:

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002

Which makes you then wonder with montreals weakness at rw, why was galchenyuk playing left wing for 2 and a half years if he was accustomed to right wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad