Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Blues

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
MT if you actually knew what you were doing, DD would be a healthy scratch against a huge team like St. Louis.

DD floats ; 1st line center
Sekac one of the best forwards in the last game; benched
I'll do your job for you.

Pacioretty – Galchenyuk – Gallagher
De La Rose – Plekanec – Sekac
Bournival – Eller --- Thomas
Prust – Malhotra --Weise

If you're St.Louis, everytime we send out the midget they send out Bergland or Backus both over 6'3 and 220lbs.... lmao
Pricer bring your A game

St.Louis big centers are going to make it hard for our small centers, wouldn't be surprised too see Plekanec struggle and Desharnais be a complete no show.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The Blues will be tough opponents. They're big as well as skilled. At least it's not a back-to=back game and the Habs will be rested. It'll depend a lot on Price.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
- 2 forwards below 5'10" = Both on the same line and on none other than our 1st line
- Sekac played well = Scratch
- Galchenyuk = Should be at center, at worst on the left....but now on the right
- Desharnais = I'm lost for words at this point.

Plain favoritism at this point. Emotionally driven decisions all over the place.
Wouldn't be surprise to see Galchenyuk getting the right of Desharnais....a little like we used Vanek as a right winger instead of his natural position.

I didn't expect Therrien to be so dumb about the whole situation...but i expect Bergevin to do what's right for the team cause this isn't right at all!
But Carey Price is there to make everyone look good. Habs will win..Price Style #Hart

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
last year i had a bad feeling about the gsme in stl and predicted the correct score of 5 to 1. Lets hope Carey as a solid game.. if we win it will be a 2 to 1 score in ot

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
- 2 forwards below 5'10" = Both on the same line and on none other than our 1st line
- Sekac played well = Scratch
- Galchenyuk = Should be at center, at worst on the left....but now on the right
- Desharnais = I'm lost for words at this point.

Plain favoritism at this point. Emotionally driven decisions all over the place.
Wouldn't be surprise to see Galchenyuk getting the right of Desharnais....a little like we used Vanek as a right winger instead of his natural position.

I didn't expect Therrien to be so dumb about the whole situation...but i expect Bergevin to do what's right for the team cause this isn't right at all!
But Carey Price is there to make everyone look good. Habs will win..Price Style #Hart

images

I for one can't wait for the trade deadline to be over. We know that Sekac is better than Thomas and Bournival and will be a part of this teams future. It's very possible that Sekac is taking one for the team as the others are being showcased.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
I for one can't wait for the trade deadline to be over. We know that Sekac is better than Thomas and Bournival and will be a part of this teams future. It's very possible that Sekac is taking one for the team as the others are being showcased.

this.

Plus the fact we actually have an occasion to do line-up tests (hence the chucky at right).

We're in a favorable position, if Galchenyuk plays out of his mind on the right, it's a good commodity.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
this.

Plus the fact we actually have an occasion to do line-up tests (hence the chucky at right).

We're in a favorable position, if Galchenyuk plays out of his mind on the right, it's a good commodity.

Like you'd trade Chucky if he's good on the right?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
lol how do we have Manny in the lineup, Eller on wing, and Sekac scratched? It seems like it'd be so easy to fix that

Gotta make Sekac and Eller not just better people, but SAINTLY people. They must recite Therrien's Creed ad nauseum to the point that they are completely broken in and full believers in the Father T, The Son DD, and the Holy Bouillon Cube Ghost. That heretic Subban couldn't be tamed, so he'll take these boys as victims.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
this.

Everyone plays with everyone, they all switch positions but DD and Paches get to stay together again, why don't we make line-up tests with the first line too?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
So is Sekac benched for not playing da system again ?

Sekac played exactly how Therrien wants players to play. He controlled the puck, dumped it in, retrieved it and back checked hard. There is literally zero reason to scratch him except that he hasn't been scoring. However, NO ONE HAS BEEN ****ING SCORING (well besides Pacioretty).

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
St.Louis big centers are going to make it hard for our small centers, wouldn't be surprised too see Plekanec struggle and Desharnais be a complete no show.

He got a point off a beautiful pass on to a Patches goal last time we played St-Louis and did not struggle at all.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Everyone plays with everyone, they all switch positions but DD and Paches get to stay together again, why don't we make line-up tests with the first line too?

Galchenyuk, Wiese, Plekanec have all been tried on the top line recently. Top line are producing so why break them up right now?

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Galchenyuk, Wiese, Plekanec have all been tried on the top line recently. Top line are producing so why break them up right now?

Pacioretty is producing, DD has 3 assists in his last 6 games, and was held scoreless for 3 straight games.

It took Galchenyuk 2 scoreless games to be taken off the first line

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
The Habs' D is better but their offense stinks.

Going to be tough to win games if 50% of the scoring comes from one guy.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I love how Therrien said they're going to try Galchenyuk on the right side now. How about trying him back at center, you know, the position we drafted him to play? It's not like we're in any danger of missing the playoffs. Now would be a perfect opportunity to let him run with it and see if he can't take the reins.

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
I look forward to trying a new defensive combination of
Galchenyuk-Subban in the near future.

You never know, Markov was a center and transitioned to Dman! Maybe Galchenyuk will thrive there too! Besides, we have our #1 Center for the next 10 years in DD.

For ****'s sake Michel

Kind Sir

Dec 19, 2013
The Blues will be tough opponents. They're big as well as skilled. At least it's not a back-to=back game and the Habs will be rested. It'll depend a lot on Price.

From STL: thanks for the praise -deserved, or not- here's some scouting...

Defence: Shattenkirk out, and Boumeester playing hurt (pure speculation, but the guy had a groin injury earlier this year and isn't skating nearly as well as he usually does). PP aint doing what it should from the point, and dmen tend to back up rather than attack the puck carrier. Also, goalie #2 starting.

Offence: Well...Coach will be mixing linemates for the first part of the game because the team has been flat for the month.

Overall: Blues aren't playing very well and may be mailing some games in; be aggressive early and they may fold...or...they may "get well" if you leave Tarasenko, Schwartz, or Steen open with a lane to shoot.

I don't expect the Blues to "grind" against you, but the fourth line will burn you (by scoring) if the Habs try to play that way.

Looking forward to watching you in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad