Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Blues

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Honestly, Chucky on the RW is something that makes sense. He plays better on the right side. Well, he plays best at center, but if he's at wing, I prefer him on the right like he was in Sarnia in his final season.

I saw him live 3 times in his final year and he played LW every time. Except on the PP where he played the point.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
yeah sorry I thought it was a home game tonight for some reason.

No worries, but someone brought up time zones so the flight is 3:30hrs, but there's 1 or 2hr difference so it comes to the same thing, either way he's not playing tonight, it'll be against Columbus
Cheers

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I saw him live 3 times in his final year and he played LW every time. Except on the PP where he played the point.

He has never played RW with the Habs but if you look at most his better plays and goals, same have come from the right side.

The only thing that worries me its him playing his off wing in the defensive zone.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
He has never played RW with the Habs but if you look at most his better plays and goals, same have come from the right side.

The only thing that worries me its him playing his off wing in the defensive zone.

Yeah, on the powerplay with him coming off the half wall. It's a lot different than a sitaution where he's required to exit the zone on his offside. I'm not saying he can't do it, or won't be better than the left side. But to think it's a given is a stretch (not saying you believe this).

That being said, he has so much talent he can adapt to anything. I just personally think he's being stunted by not being allowed to play in the middle where he can exploit the entire middle of the ice.

Analyzer*

Playing on the right side it will be easier for him to pick pucks up that are wired around the boards.

Rookie d and experimentation up front should lead to a usual game of Price having to bail the team out.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Honestly, Chucky on the RW is something that makes sense. He plays better on the right side. Well, he plays best at center, but if he's at wing, I prefer him on the right like he was in Sarnia in his final season.

We will have as RW Chucky-Gally-Parenteau-DSP-Weise-Thomas

and as LW Patches-Eller??-Prust-Bournival

Doesn't make sense to me

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
I'm cautiously optimistic about this game.

Since the Blues aren't a crappy team, Habs should come out and play...Unless they play like games vs. Tampa, Pittsburgh, Calgary, New York (before they got their mojo back) it can be disaterous.

I'm hoping for 1-0 win when Price makes 40 saves to increase his SV% lead on Rinne.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad