Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Blues Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Looks like we're going with the same line-up we did against DET.

If you told me before the season that we would play the first six games without Karl Alzner getting 1 second of ice time, I'd have had a good laugh.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Blues typically have a good team D but they have allowed 20 goals in 5 games so far. Regardless, I can see the Habs having a bit of a hard time scoring on their D and they appear to have 4 good lines and good center depth as well.

Steen / ROR / Tarasenko
Blais / Schenn / Perron
Maroon / Bozak / Kyrou
Barbashev / Thomas / Schmaltz

Edmundson / Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester / Parayko
Bortuzzo / Dunn

Allen

A very similar team vs the Kings. Another good test

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
We do not match up well against heavy teams. I expect a thumping, with Price letting in 4 over his shoulder.

Megaforce

I used to love the Blues when they had guys like Federko/Babych, Hull'n'Oates, Gilmour, Shanahan. Hate them since they became about huge overrated pylons like Bouwmeester and Petrangelo and no flashy forwards (except the one now) plus a lousy goalie. Remember when they had Roman Polak a few years ago and he cost them their playoff run just by being lame?

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I hope they could atleast score a goal unlike the LA game, that was embarrassing or a home game ceremony!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
A good test for sure. St. Louis is similar to LA so a good win is needed to help erase that LA game

They will need to make adjustments against bigger teams. But they may just need m0re skill t0 get on the inside, as their usual-overwhelm the opposition with effort - doesn't work with physical teams that can keep you on the outside.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I find Blues to be the most overrated team in the league on HF

This off season everyone was convinved they made huge strides and would contend.

I still see them as a bubble team at most.

4-1 Habs. We're winning our division this year

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Looks like we're going with the same line-up we did against DET.

If you told me before the season that we would play the first six games without Karl Alzner getting 1 second of ice time, I'd have had a good laugh.

I'm glad it happened this way..because if they sat him out for 1 game and broke his ironman streak then put him back in as a "wake up call" well that's bad optics..but to hold him out for 6 games the message has been sent...

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I'm glad it happened this way..because if they sat him out for 1 game and broke his ironman streak then put him back in as a "wake up call" well that's bad optics..but to hold him out for 6 games the message has been sent...
1 or 2 games is a message... 6 games is a statement. I'm not saying I don't agree with it because I hated the signing from the start and he probably deserves to be the odd man out, but it's just really interesting to see the team really buckle down and bite the bullet on their decision.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Although we can't exclude the fact that Habs can make any goalie look great, Jake Allen is having a terrible start to the season. And the Blues are currently 25th in goals against.

Jake Allen is not a #1 starter, too much inconsistency. He does look good, makes good saves then allows an easy one to ultimately becoming awful for a few games. Then, the same old pattern starts again.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
1 or 2 games is a message... 6 games is a statement. I'm not saying I don't agree with it because I hated the signing from the start and he probably deserves to be the odd man out, but it's just really interesting to see the team really buckle down and bite the bullet on their decision.
they are just resting him up till get gets the batteries charged enough to be chara 2.0 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad