Post-Game Talk: Habs' big guns all scored as they win 3-0 vs Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
here we go ...
3-0 victory
Danault who won 74 % of his FO playing against the best trio of the NHL and finished with 2 points
2nd shutout by Price in the last 5 games

Time to enjoy the victory but ... well we are in HFBoards ; so no , because the first star is a Quebecer

You don't get the joke here.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Before the game I wanted to see:

Tatar Domi Gallagher
Drouin KK Lehkonen
Byron Danault Armia

After seeing clode's combo's (a defensive player on each line), I'll take:

Tatar Domi Armia
Byron Danault Gallagher
Drouin KK Lehkonen

or KK with Drouin and Gallagher:

Tatar Domi Armia
Drouin KK Gallagher
Byron Danault Lehkonen

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I only caught the second period.

Drouin was... himself. He made a few nice plays, but still tries to dangle when he has no chance - wasted attempts. Kulak was visible and looked good. So did Reilly, he was hungry. Kotkaniemi looked good, his whole line did. Tatar was on point, showed a lot of skill and puck possession ability. Gallagher still seems to be improving while taking a constant beating.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
This team desperately lacks young top talent. I would be in serious talks with the Avs to get their Ottawa pick. Give them Weber. Call Philly...get their first for Price.

Reactions: 26Mats

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
When Kotkaniemi was drafted 3rd overall some folks compared him to another Finn drafted very highly, Alexander Barkov.
Barkov had 24 points in his rookie season in 56 games. Kotkaniemi has 22 in 46 games.
I am actually surprised at how well Kotkaniemi has adapted and played this year. A year ago he was halfway through his 17th birthday.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It's still a mystery how a team like Colorado completely fell of the cliff...they are now 1-7-2 in their last 10 games.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
This team desperately lacks young top talent. I would be in serious talks with the Avs to get their Ottawa pick. Give them Weber. Call Philly...get their first for Price.

Why would any of them do this exactly? It's not just some average 1st you're asking for.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
That Kotkaniemi goal was amazing , great play by Drouin , the latter really plays well vs Colorado for some reason...

Good game overall and I don't mind Benn on the bottom pairing while Juulsen gets top tier minutes in the AHL. He'll be the first call up if there is an injury and with our luck it's going to happen.

Reactions: Runner77

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
just LOL

ever since that call out.. both Seguin AND benn have REALLY turned it on!..who would of known that the Benn would be Jordie lmao...what the hell has happened i was FINISHED with benn by november...
Benn was horrible until Weber came in. Now that he's in his proper chair he's played exponentially better. What a huge difference. He played really well tonight.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
When Kotkaniemi was drafted 3rd overall some folks compared him to another Finn drafted very highly, Alexander Barkov.
Barkov had 24 points in his rookie season in 56 games. Kotkaniemi has 22 in 46 games.
I am actually surprised at how well Kotkaniemi has adapted and played this year. A year ago he was halfway through his 17th birthday.

Plus Julien hasn't even been playing him with offensive players.
I would love to see:

Drouin KK Gallagher
or
Drouin KK Lehkonen

KK can handle the defensive responsibilities and I think would produce more, a lot more, with offensive players.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Great 3rd period against a dangerous team. Kulak goal was my favorite because it was unexpected. Nice to see Kotkaniemi pick up the pace. Thank you. Price. Too bad you didn't get equivalent support in the previous game. The playoffs are not out of reach.

Reactions: Miller Time
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad