Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Vegas to clinch their spot in the finals!

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
I now know game is Monday thanks to you guys but now I want to drive out to Montreal. Any idea if game schedule is released yet for finals? Are the games every other day? Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday etc.? I want to try and time game 6 and 7 if it goes that far.

We're winning in four though :sarcasm:

But to answer, the finals usually have some two day layovers, I can see the friday game being moved to saturday. We should know by tomorrow

RandR

May 15, 2011
There is not enough crow around to eat by all of us who doubted they would win anything, even a single game in Round 1.

Me, for one, was doubting Caufield would be NHL ready anytime soon, and thought his size would be detrimental to his progression at pro level. Geez, he is at least Gaudrault caliber, if not Kane !!!! And he has been a real sparkplug to this team in the Series.
When Craig Button said on TV that it didn't LOOK like the Habs would win a single game, I agreed with him -- that was how it looked at the time. The Habs had limped into the playoffs, and we especially didn't know if Price would be 100% after a concussion and long layoff. (In hindsight shutting both him and Weber down at the end of the season made a big difference as did the 8 day layoff for the whole team after their last regular season game. It was a bit unfortunate that Gallagher didn't have at least one more week to recover from his hand injury.)

I was also skeptical about Caufield due to his size, but I am sold now. I am really starting to think he is going to be a star in this league, and it seems like forever since the Habs had an offensive talent like that. In addition to his absolutely elite shot (quick release and accurate), he has such great anticipation and hockey smarts. He fits so well with Suzuki in particular, another super smart hockey player. A lot of pieces have to fit to go on a run to the Stanley Cup finals, and Caufield is one of those pieces that, without him, the Habs might not have won the last round.

The one thing I would say about the crow part is that the amounts due to be served depend on how strongly people state and hold onto their opinions and predictions.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Guy was unfairly robbed of his HNIC job. Too many triggered boomers that couldn’t handle the tight pants and no socks.

Been watching George since his Much Loud days. One of the best interviewers out there.

100x this.

Great interviewer.
But, also, from experience working on a project he was involved with, I'd add...

Smart, knowledgeable & humble
Incredible human being.

Would love to see him take over HNIC again, never should've been given the quick yank.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
100x this.

Great interviewer.
But, also, from experience working on a project he was involved with, I'd add...

Smart, knowledgeable & humble
Incredible human being.

Would love to see him take over HNIC again, never should've been given the quick yank.
I really like him, however I also don't feel he's not right for HNIC.

Reactions: McGees

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Screenshot_20210625-145231.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210625-145231.png
    Screenshot_20210625-145231.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
« Triggered boomers »? WTF is it with the ageism crap? A lot of us liked him, I’ve been a longtime fan and loved him on HNIC. Throwing generalized derogatory labels around helps no one.
OK Boomer...:rolleyes::sarcasm:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Congrats Habs. Drown out all the noise and negativity and enjoy the moment. You earned it, you deserve it. Hopefully my team gets the chance to play you in the finals. If not I’ll probably be cheering for ya. Price is one of the best players/people in the game and I’m glad he finally gets a chance to get his ring.

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
I now know game is Monday thanks to you guys but now I want to drive out to Montreal. Any idea if game schedule is released yet for finals? Are the games every other day? Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday etc.? I want to try and time game 6 and 7 if it goes that far.

Schedule is out:

Stanley Cup Final schedule

2021 Stanley Cup Final schedule
(all times ET)
Game 1: Mon., June 28, 8 p.m., Canadiens at Lightning/Islanders
Game 2: Wed., June 30, 8 p.m. Canadiens at Lightning/Islanders
Game 3: Fri., July 2, 8 p.m., Lightning/Islanders at Canadiens
Game 4: Mon., July 5, 8 p.m., Lightning/Islanders at Canadiens
Game 5: Wed., July 7, 8 p.m., Canadiens at Lightning/Islanders*
Game 6: Fri., July 9, 8 p.m., Lightning/Islanders at Canadiens*
Game 7: Sun., July 11, 7 p.m., Canadiens at Lightning/Islanders*
* - If necessary

Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Was nice to see the KK line find their offensive identity as a counter strike line. The Suzuki line fuethered their identity as a line that makes plays. The Staal line didn't produce as much but still maintained possession in the o-zone a lot.

Let's hope the Danault line can use that OT goal to get going. That goal was a lot like goals the Tatar-Danault-Gallagher line used to score: making a nice, quick passing play in transition.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I remember coming back to this video all the time after our loss to the Flyers in 2010. And god, to be revisiting it after finally making the finals seems like a dream.

CBC and Ted Thompson made the best intros. Sportsnet would be wise to bring him back. The end of playoffs videos always hit the right emotion tone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad