Post-Game Talk: Habs beat the Flames in a shootout! Slaf BEASTIN'

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I can guarantee you t hat Monahan is good as gone by the deadline.

Prone injury player at long term? Forget it. If we sent Lekhonen away , Monahan is not staying.
One of these things is not like the other.

Lehkonen is playing great in Colorado but had never shown real offensive production before we traded him. Monahan has a history of producing a lot, but also a history of injuries.

Completely different and unrelated scenarios.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Since CC will probably miss games I suggest these lines for the rest of the week:
Salf-Suzuki-Anderson
X (call up or Drouin) - Dach - Armia
Dadonov - Dvorak - Hoffman
Pitlick - Evans - Pez

Someone will have to be placed on IR for a call-up or to reactivate Drouin.

Pitlick and Pez barely played last game and that can't continue if the Habs are to finish the week alive. Although, overplaying people is a great way to get them injured so maybe that's the plan.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
I agree with MSL. Even with our full team, we will be hard pressed to win 35 games this year. The fact that we competed and won without Caufield, Monahan, Savard and Matheson in the lineup made it a good game. I don’t know what you are expecting. This is a throw away year.
Matheson? Have to be honest kind of like him out of the lineup calmer vibe

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Yeah, I'm of the opinion Dach should be down by goalline. He's more willing to make his own scoring plays when he's down there. He's not a perimeter shooter like at all, so there's no sense having him so far from net.

We need a bumper. Right now all the puck moving/shots, etc are from the top of diamond only. Suzuki, Caufield, point - that's it.

There's zero downlow/slot plays, which is where the majority of goals come from on PPs. If you watch top PPs, they're getting 10 foot goals, backdoor goals, etc.

I'd give Dach the goalline/ back of net spot. Slafkovsky bumper. Suzuki/Caufield circles. Then Guhle point.

Slafkovsky & Dach would switch out on backdoor/net front depending on where the puck is. Suzuki and Slafkovsky could also switch positions.

We need way more movement on the PP.
i will say one positive i felt they were shooting more on some of the PP,just the down low guys couldn't finish. Are they scared or what its or luck isn't on their side? The OT one well not sure what the game plan was on that, lots of time i think the issue is down low. I agree with sticking Dach down there regarding Guhle i don't think it matters who is up there, there is zero finish or movement, fight in front so fix that part first.

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013

Still boggles the mind

MSL cares for his players. He tried getting Drouin going in shootout a while ago, now same with Pitlick (who's got the Koivu move) and Armia on PP. It helps the tank if anything.

Also, people have to realize you can't play Ghule an entire 60mins.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
MSL cares for his players. He tried getting Drouin going in shootout a while ago, now same with Pitlick (who's got the Koivu move) and Armia on PP. It helps the tank if anything.

Also, people have to realize you can't play Ghule an entire 60mins.
Sure you can... if not 60, at least 40. I remember those beer league games where you had only 6 skaters show up... 20 minute shifts, baby!

Perfect.

Just so we're clear, are you saying it's MSL's fault he doesn't have the horses and plays the guys he has?
Just to be clear, i am simply saying that Wideman and Matheson cannot be compared as one and the same due to the fact that they are used differently. My point was that if Matheson was used as #6 (like Wideman) he'd probably make a much better impression than when he is miscast as top pairing dman.

NotSNFan

Nov 18, 2022
No, he's a Calgary fan through & through. Hates Montreal.
The game was a "Calgary broadcast", not a "national" one. Play by play was done by Rick Ball, Calgary's regular PBP announcer on SN broadcasts. Hrudey is the colour man on Calgary broadcasts. I don't know who the host was, but I'm guessing it too was the normal host on Calgary broadcasts.

If you're going to say this about Hrudey, then you should make a similar comment about the TSN broadcast crew for Habs games: Byran Mudryk (MAJOR Habs homer), Mike Johnson and Dave Poulin (BOTH will lean towards the Habs when they do Habs games. If they do other teams' games, they'll lean in THAT direction. It's their job). Same applies to Sergio Momesso the few times he has done colour. The PBP announcer - for Habs games - I find most objective and enjoyable is John Bartlett

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I think this a long season for Guhle.

61 games in 21/22 (including a 19 game playoff) and then coming into the NHL at age 20 and playing 20+ min a game. A 20 year old playing top 4 minutes and with a lot of usage? That's rare. He's doing very well but I would avoid 23-25 min a game at this stage. If he gets PP, do we take him off the PK?
Some good points..............I would take him off the PK, and use him on the PP..............that's just my take.

Reactions: Runner77 and 1909

Jul 6, 2016
Some good points..............I would take him off the PK, and use him on the PP..............that's just my take.
Guhle is the best among our D for PP (not a reference...) He's got skating, vision, fair passing skills, and a very good shot.

PK should be given to Xhekaj, Kovy, Edmundson, Savard type of guys.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Guhle is the best among our D for PP (not a reference...) He's got skating, vision, fair passing skills, and a very good shot.

PK should be given to Xhekaj, Kovy, Edmundson, Savard type of guys.
Next time you meet with Marty, you let him know :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad