Post-Game Talk: Habs beat the BJs and their cannon in Columbus

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's quite long the time before seing the future team, don't fool ourselves, there will be a lot of downs, games losts but slowly we'll see some changes, new faces, peices of puzzle joining together. It's slow motion but it's going there.
Lots of good young talent in the system. Guys who I’m hopeful about include Roy, Slaf and Hutson. So many more on the way too.

Not everyone will pan out. But some will. I’m really hoping we get a high pick this year too. Next few years are going to fun as we add more of these players and we watch them develop.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Just saw Motormouth getting interviewed on RDS.

monty-motormouth-gif-gif.641803

He's just as fast in English too.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Sorry I edited that comment. Nobody who can fill it better.

Sorry I don’t know what you’re saying here.

And honestly…. It doesn’t matter. There’s really no case for anyone other than Gallagher on that line at this time.

As I said, screaming that he’s bringing that line down is a really bad take.
Those are Gallagher's top linemates and the points produced with each.
Big Goose Egg with Suzuki.

Slaf Anderson Caufield and even Ylonen over Gallagher.
Those players all have the skating to match Newhook and help with his forecheck.
Gallagher is constantly arriving as the puck is going the other way in case you haven't noticed.
Look he's smart/experienced but he far too limited at this point in his career to be playing top minutes.

As for bringing down the line they aren't getting nearly enough scoring chances and when they do it has nothing to do with Gallagher. The only player setting up anyone is Nick Suzuki. I laughed like hell when you claimed players weren't converting Gallagher's set ups. :laugh:

Reactions: BLONG7

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
For some reason Caufield and Slaf been playing their best hockey with Dvorak. I don't know what it is, Dvorak good defense allows their game more go or something. Caufield terrible turnovers in his own end this game though.

Habs played good second period but was lucky to get out of Colombus with two points. Jackets better team in third period. Number 86 for Jackets be good candidate for trade if chatting with Colombus. He's good skating, size and shot. First time I seen him play.

Pearson just a nonsense of a trade. Don't know why Hughes made it? Taking valuable ice time away from Ylonen. Waste of 3.5m caproom also. DeSmith solid goalie.

Barron played solid game. He's coming along. Montembeault won game for Habs. Gave up goal on Laine breakaway. Another defensive break down for Habs. They among worst in league giving up high percentage scoring chances. Monahan played touch better I thought. He's 50 points, good defensive center. Good on faceoffs. He should fetch Habs a first at deadline.

Reactions: rik schau

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
For some reason Caufield and Slaf been playing their best hockey with Dvorak. I don't know what it is, Dvorak good defense allows their game more go or something. Caufield terrible turnovers in his own end this game though.
Dvorak is above average on the team at reading the play, anticipating and positioning in all 3 zones. He might be vanilla, but he's the good kind of vanilla.

Also, he played with a similar setup in Junior. :sarcasm:

Pearson just a nonsense of a trade. Don't know why Hughes made it? Taking valuable ice time away from Ylonen. Waste of 3.5m caproom also. DeSmith solid goalie.
DeSmith didn't want to play here from what I understand.

Reactions: rik schau

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Those are Gallagher's top linemates and the points produced with each.
Big Goose Egg with Suzuki.
He’s barely played with Suzuki… Or does this also not matter? :laugh: All you’ve proven here is that he’s spent most of his time on another line.

And I’m pretty sure they had a point together tonight.

This is what you don’t seem to grasp. You actually need to be playing together to generate points. Moreover, point production is one thing, chance generation another. Gallagher doesn’t have the points he should because the player he’s spent the 2nd most time on the ice with is Tanner Pearson.

And finally, when playing together, Suzuki’s posseion numbers are higher with Gallagher than without him. It follows that keeping them together will yield more points down the road.

Get it now?
Slaf Anderson Caufield and even Ylonen over Gallagher.
Slaf and Caufield are together on another line. And you argued that Gallagher was bringing down Suzuki and Newhook…

Anderson? What????
Those players all have the skating to match Newhook and help with his forecheck.
Gallagher is constantly arriving as the puck is going the other way in case you haven't noticed.
Look he's smart/experienced but he far too limited at this point in his career to be playing top minutes.
He’s generating chances at a high rate. The points didn’t follow so he was moved up. It makes perfect sense to do this. Again, there’s nobody else who’s going to fill it better right now.
As for bringing down the line they aren't getting nearly enough scoring chances and when they do it has nothing to do with Gallagher. The only player setting up anyone is Nick Suzuki. I laughed like hell when you claimed players weren't converting Gallagher's set ups. :laugh:
The numbers are what they are. They don’t line up with what you said. And Gallagher was a catalyst in several plays tonight including the goal that was scored.

It’d be one thing if we had a bunch of great wingers but that’s not the case. It was a bad take and you are just digging deeper. Anderson would be a better choice? Give it up. :laugh:

Last edited:

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Preach brother. Preach.
that is so true. no elite talent up front. but that being said, they need to trade for a prospect not picks. can't get years of picks and CC and Suzuki are 30 years old. it needs to be in the next 3 years they get players. UFA

Aces on the road

Oct 27, 2020
Last time checked Gally was -12, it tells something but he works his ass off everytime, lol
Go, Joel, The House is back

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Why are we winning? We should be tanking so we can get to the draft and pick some guy no one's ever heard of who happened to have the best year of his life this year but will actually take 5-7 years to have an impact on the roster.

Having young players take steps isn't good. Keep losing and picking high every year so the team will finally be good. Like the Sabres and the Coyotes.
Don''t forget the Sens. Look how good they are!

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad