Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Stamkos Bay 4-1 (series 2-0)

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
He could of timed some plays better but Emelin has all the tough matchups... I'm generally happy with his performance... Pis I ress une chose, I was excited to see a Subban closer to his form yesterday.

PricePkPatch*

Absolutely Huge...
I don't know if anyone talked to him prior to the overtime period.
But his demeanor and body language were completely different.
It reminded me of the Patches Monkey off the Back moment in a goaltender kinda way :):laugh:

Someone told him the game has started.. :sarcasm:

"What?!?! I thought it was warmup!!"

Price always has a so-so preseason. Must be the same thing regarding playoffs..

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
It's Boston, they'd be searching for a while.

LOL That was really good Mcneal. Well it make sense afterall. The refs are looking everywhere while lucic is being lucic.

'' huh? Lucic speared someone in the nuts? '' I missed it, sorry dekeyser. Was looking for ONE nice woman

- only in boston :(.

There's one thing with vanek i dont like much. he keep trying to be SO cute. I remember yesterday he was near the slot and prefered to pass instead of a wrister . Ofc the pass was no where near D.D and it created a turnover. I like T.V but i'm hoping someone tell him to shoot da puck . I hope its Michel with his heavy frenchy accent :laugh:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Some people are saying this and I don't get it. Montreal is clearly thee better team here. How is having the lesser team, missing your top scorer and vezina candidate goalie being out coached? Tampa is easily the worst team in the playoffs right now.

Top scorer missing?

sp33d

Dec 28, 2005
There's one thing with vanek i dont like much. he keep trying to be SO cute. I remember yesterday he was near the slot and prefered to pass instead of a wrister . Ofc the pass was no where near D.D and it created a turnover. I like T.V but i'm hoping someone tell him to shoot da puck . I hope its Michel with his heavy frenchy accent :laugh:

he was doing the same thing with the isles...not sure why he doesn't pull the trigger more often.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
He could of timed some plays better but Emelin has all the tough matchups... I'm generally happy with his performance... Pis I ress une chose, I was excited to see a Subban closer to his form yesterday.

His play on the Desharnais goal was just incredible. Split second decision and perfect execution. All DD had to do was to stay put and hold on to his stick.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
We can say what we want about Bourque being inconsistent but having him at 3.5 mil and playing on a third line it's worth the annoyance when he delivers in big games. Was one of few bright lights in playoffs last year too

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Regular season top scorer was Palat and MSL, no?

Yeah, but saying their top scorer is missing is somewhat misleading.

Therrien is currently outcoaching Cooper. Like, the matchups are CLEARLY not working in TB's favor, yet we mostly saw the same matchups.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Yeah,
He was lighting into JJ pretty good there. Marky had to settle him down.
Fire in his belly is a positive sign in my books.
Read all about it in the Subban Struggles thread :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is...is Therrien outcoaching Jon Cooper?

Say what you want, but it's obvious which one has playoff coaching experience.

Their missing Bishop is like us without Price. Sure, Therrien has more experience, but I don't see what Therrien might have done more than Cooper had Therrien been coaching Tampax.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah, but saying their top scorer is missing is somewhat misleading.

Therrien is currently outcoaching Cooper. Like, the matchups are CLEARLY not working in TB's favor, yet we mostly saw the same matchups.

Cooper messed up big time post game after the first loss. I'm sure his statements totally backfired.
The funny thing about the matchups MT doesn't seem that concerned with them.
Rolling the Pleck/Prust and Eller/Gio duos seem be very effective. I didn't mention the thirds because they are not noted as shut down types. Most of the matching he wants seem to be on the D.
I have always been an advocate of this is who we are playing and you deal with it.
Particularly on home ice, we just haven't had a club we could do that with (until now?)

:amazed:

SAKS AVENUE

Oct 12, 2008
So what happened with P.K and J.J?

Was he arguing with the coach or were they calming him down before he got a penalty, The Cube looked pissed.......

Anyone good at reading lips? I'd love to know what he said to him.

Any insight?

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Happy to say I was at the game last night.

Right now there are no passengers on this team it's good to watch .

Don't recall a series with such a lack of hitting.
Habs nation was in force last night .

Can't say enough about Bourque and the skill and instincts of Vanek.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Was he arguing with the coach or were they calming him down before he got a penalty, The Cube looked pissed.......

Any insight?

Exactly that...
PK was battling ferociously and there were some after whistle antics.
JJ must have had a flashback to that whole Philly incident where PK got face draped from behind took aversion to it and promptly popped the guy (which i loved by the way) and set this whole PK dilemma brewing. :help:

Apr 28, 2010

Any insight?

I think JJ was mad at how PK handled that 2on1 by Tampa where he tried to pokecheck while laying on the ice.

I dont think Cube was pissed. It looked like he was trying to tell PK that it was okay. Same with Markov.

PricePkPatch*

Exactly that...
JJ must have had a flashback to that whole Philly incident where PK got face draped from behind took aversion to it and promptly popped the guy (which i loved by the way) and set this whole PK dilemma brewing. :help:

PK can get carried away in certain antics, that's for sure. That's part of the reason he is so good. He is extremely emotive.

JJ probably tried to keep him focused and under control. PK was probably not very receptive at first. Not many people react well to "Stop caring about what you are very angry about at this very moment".

SAKS AVENUE

Oct 12, 2008
Exactly that...

Cool, I'm fine with that emotion. I thought P.K was arguing with the coach which would have pissed me off. Glad to hear he wasn't being a selfish ********.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Cool, I'm fine with that emotion. I thought P.K was arguing with the coach which would have pissed me off. Glad to hear he wasn't being a selfish ********.

I think PK was pissed because he had no intention of bopping anyone this time. :laugh:
he didn't like getting called out for battling...

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC

Any insight?

I get the sense that PK was really fired up and JJ was trying to calm him down. PK wasn't taking it that well and Marky really calmed him down (as did Bouillon). Thats why I love Markov- if you watch the CBC feed Markov makes sure to speak to Subban and get him to control his temper. He's a quiet leader that often goes unnoticed. I don't have a problem with what JJ did. Subban can get out of control sometimes. Pulling him back on an emotional level is not that bad from time to time.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I get the sense that PK was really fired up and JJ was trying to calm him down. PK wasn't taking it that well and Marky really calmed him down (as did Bouillon). Thats why I love Markov- if you watch the CBC feed Markov makes sure to speak to Subban and get him to control his temper. He's a quiet leader that often goes unnoticed. I don't have a problem with what JJ did. Subban can get out of control sometimes. Pulling him back on an emotional level is not that bad from time to time.

It was perfect but goes back to my point about JJ not being able to deal with the situation properly.
He clearly rubs PK the wrong way.

PricePkPatch*

It was perfect but goes back to my point about JJ not being able to deal with the situation properly.
He clearly rubs PK the wrong way.

No. He dealt with the situation perfectly; kept Subban focused on the RIGHT part of the game.

Subban had been heavily frustrated on the play before, and was lashing out. He could have made a silly mistake if he went back on the ice in that mindset. Subban has to be the annoyer, not the annoyee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad