Habs beat St-Louis 5-2 ! Ca Plane Pour Moi!

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
What the hell are you talking about ? Eller wasn't doing anything as the 3rd line center. He's not an effective shutdown center, he doesn't have the hockey IQ for it...

A physical winger is his niche... he was great tonight, help his linemates tremendously, gave them room, retrieved the puck, made something happen... again the pipe dream of Eller becoming that oh so great big Top 6 center. Give it up, it ain't happening.

Eller doesn't have the IQ to be a shutdown center:laugh:

He wasn't even asking for Eller to be a part of the top 6, you somehow brought that up on your own.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Super impressed with both Pateryn and Tinordi they both look solid and keeping it simple...our depth on D is amazing!

They rarely looked out of position. Pateryn's board work was particularly effective.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Super impressed with both Pateryn and Tinordi they both look solid and keeping it simple...our depth on D is amazing!

This is excellent.
I am impressed with the Organizational depth we have at D.
There is no need to add here when our needs up front are still so glaring.
It would be nice to have another points producer back there but at what cost.
At least Pateryn and Tinner are familiar with our system and are what i consider plug n play.

MB please concentrate on getting us some fire-power up front.
Price is confident with our backend and if we can find that extra .75 GPG we can make some noise.

Oct 22, 2012
They rarely looked out of position. Pateryn's board work was particularly effective.

He had a couple good pinches too. Way too early to make any major assessment but I'm feeling more and more confident in our d corps. Reliable defenders, finally.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Who is out when Gonchar and Emelin return?

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Gonchar
Emelin-Tinordi

But if Beaulieu keeps playing 25 min he needs a younger partner. Also I don't think those are the correct sides. It would have to be

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Emelin
Tinordi-Gonchar
Gilbert-Pateryn
Weaver

I suspect Pateryn gets sent to Hamilton. But look at DAT depth!!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Gonchar
Emelin-Tinordi

But if Beaulieu keeps playing 25 min he needs a younger partner. Also I don't think those are the correct sides. It would have to be

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Emelin
Tinordi-Gonchar
Gilbert-Pateryn
Weaver

Whether we like it or not, Gilbert stays, Tinordi is out.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Gonchar
Emelin-Tinordi

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Emelin
Tinordi-Gonchar
Gilbert-Pateryn
Weaver

Beaulie is either left alone with Gilbert or slots in with Gonchar IMO...

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
This is excellent.
I am impressed with the Organizational depth we have at D.
There is no need to add here when our needs up front are still so glaring.
It would be nice to have another points producer back there but at what cost.
At least Pateryn and Tinner are familiar with our system and are what i consider plug n play.

MB please concentrate on getting us some fire-power up front.
Price is confident with our backend and if we can find that extra .75 GPG we can make some noise.

Not long ago everybody was saying how there was a huge drop off after Markov-Subban-Beau. Now everybody is amazed at our depth on D lol. Gilbert playing well too. Who sits when Emelin and Gonchar come back? Wonder if any of them will be packaged for a forward at TDL.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Depth still is a problem. We played three green as grass D in out top 6. Yest pattern and Tinordi looked good ( I think pattern played a little better) and beaulieu is ahead of both in terms of development. But one game does not mean much. Going into the playoffs with a mix of old and green is rolling the dice.

And as.much as I hate it, gilbert has the coaches confidence.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Depth still is a problem. We played three green as grass D in out top 6. Yest pattern and Tinordi looked good ( I think pattern played a little better) and beaulieu is ahead of both in terms of development. But one game does not mean much. Going into the playoffs with a mix of old and green is rolling the dice.

And as.much as I hate it, gilbert has the coaches confidence.

I disagree

i think thats exactly what you want.

we were in way worse shape with ONLY old D earlier in the year.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Not long ago everybody was saying how there was a huge drop off after Markov-Subban-Beau. Now everybody is amazed at our depth on D lol. Gilbert playing well too. Who sits when Emelin and Gonchar come back? Wonder if any of them will be packaged for a forward at TDL.
Bergevin is a big big believer in D depth so I doubt he trades any D unless it's for another D or he could possibly package Pateryn + forward(s) for top 6 scorer but I don't see Gilbert, Gonchar, Tinordi, Emelin or Weaver being moved

PricePkPatch*

Weise and DeLaRose dont get enough love in this thread.

Both were difference maker, albeit pointless.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Missed the game, glad to see Galchenyuk score two goals on his offside. It shows how he can adapt to different situations.

Galchenyuk slowly trending towards his first 20 goals season at the age of 21. He's going to be great.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
What the hell are you talking about ? Eller wasn't doing anything as the 3rd line center. He's not an effective shutdown center, he doesn't have the hockey IQ for it...

A physical winger is his niche... he was great tonight, help his linemates tremendously, gave them room, retrieved the puck, made something happen... again the pipe dream of Eller becoming that oh so great big Top 6 center. Give it up, it ain't happening.

I'm not an advocate for Eller in the Top 6. Wing or C. Him and Pleks don't mix.

I love the game if DLR. However, Eller is better on the face offs.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Missed the game, glad to see Galchenyuk score two goals on his offside. It shows how he can adapt to different situations.

Galchenyuk slowly trending towards his first 20 goals season at the age of 21. He's going to be great.

Gal is a beast, plain and simple. His goal from the wide angle was simply beautiful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad