Habs beat St-Louis 5-2 ! Ca Plane Pour Moi!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Where's that Leaf fan quote again:laugh:

This beauty you mean.. :)

So the leafs collapse against Boston and Collapse once in recent years. Before that, there were no collapses. The team just sucked and were consistently bad until the end and usually finished just outside of the playoffs.

So, because we had that collapse, then the entire 100 year history was a collapse according to you educated Habs fans? Sure sure.

I think it should be noticed that our team is 65% different than last year. No collapse this year and we hope to see you in the playoffs. That would be fun, since we have owned Montreal in the last 10 years in regular season. But, hey, your teams have made the playoffs almost all those years so you have that experience. And, you have most recently won a cup and the last cup for us was in 1967. When was your last cup? 1992 or something? 22 years? How many first round collapses have you had? Roy was one helluva goalie.

So the leafs have been getting great goaltending and that is the reason for our success so far? How many years have you ridden on the coat tails of Price? If Price goes down, you are royally screwed. We have a credible back up tender that also steals games.

So, before you continue to make fun of the leafs, be careful, because we would love to play you in the first round. Our offence is a powerhouse and number one in the NHL. Price can only do so much. We pick up a good D man and I think we are a very hard team to beat.

So why am I posting this here? Well, it is your out of town thread. In the last 2000 posts here, 63% have been about the leafs.

We like that. Its like our very own Leaf thread on a montreal board. Thanks. We actually don't talk about Montreal much on the leafs board.

So, as to not sound like I am just trolling, what I posted is quite true.

Now, for the good. I have always liked Montreal.....until I turned 4. That was 47 years ago. The last time we won a cup. We know, we get it.

As for your current team, I really like Gally. (Alex). I think you have a real future with this guy. He is talented.

I like the other Gally too. Always has a smile on his face.

I have always been a Price fan since my wife is native. He is a great goalie that will have the habs set for another number of years.

your D is getting a little long in the tooth for a few of them, some in their mid 30's, but I think you are still good there for a few years. Well, I hope they don't get tired after the long grind and then to start the playoffs.
That would suck for you.

Congrats on getting your coach signed. He really knows the game.

Merry Xmas Montreal. My true, favourite city in Canada. Always had a great time there.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Eller needs to be moved to center and get him away from Pleks. They are oil and water.

Put Eller back at 3rd C and DLR at 4th.

What the hell are you talking about ? Eller wasn't doing anything as the 3rd line center. He's not an effective shutdown center, he doesn't have the hockey IQ for it...

A physical winger is his niche... he was great tonight, help his linemates tremendously, gave them room, retrieved the puck, made something happen... again the pipe dream of Eller becoming that oh so great big Top 6 center. Give it up, it ain't happening.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Carey Price sets franchise record for most consecutive road wins (9)

Crushed the record form the '60

tumblr_nd5cw09zyM1tctm09o1_400.gif

And the Hart trophy goes to...
Pecky Weenie

Barring some disaster this trophy belongs to Carey.
He will not win it with the split vote.
OV ends up with it by default...

The better Price is the more push for Rinne from the Toronto Sports Networks...
They tout Rinne or claim a goalie shouldn't win the award. :p:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So, was Gilbert looking bad because of Emelin or is he looking good because of Beaulieu?

Communication is a huge factor when Emelin plays or lack there of...
The first thing you notice with Gilbert and Nate they have fun.
The second thing you notice is they actually talk to each other. :sarcasm:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
So, was Gilbert looking bad because of Emelin or is he looking good because of Beaulieu?

I admit I haven't watched him the last couple of games, but I'd be inclined to think the former. Gilbert is a good puck mover that meshes better with Beaulieu's style, rather than a more complementary role as he would with Emelin. In this case, I think their styles matching/meshing is more important than a balance.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Pecky Weenie

ONLY accounting for this season, Price has been the best player in the world.

Drifting

Apr 15, 2012
Good 3rd period. Allen made some really good saves to keep the blues in it until the end.

It wasnt as good as the road game in Pittsburgh, but this effort is up there.

By my count, this game brings the habs to 8-1-1 in statement games this calendar year.

Incredible.
No, I think not - too many losses to TBL and big losses too.

Drifting

Apr 15, 2012
If Beaulieu keeps up that play, he will be added to the team's already solid young core of Pacioretty, Subban, Price, Galchenyuk. I would even add Gallagher to that group of players. He's a key guy despite having limited offensive vision. He has an underrated to way game and his a good goal scorer

I add Gallagher as well. His determination, grit, net drive and scoring ability compensate for his lack of vision.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
Super impressed with both Pateryn and Tinordi they both look solid and keeping it simple...our depth on D is amazing!

Everyone *****es about the coaching staff (here of course but also) in Hamilton, going on about how they're ruining our youngsters. And yet whenever the kids get a call up they seem (at least as of late) to fit in seemlessly. There appears to be some developmental philosophy that's finding continuity across different levels of the organization, and, whatever it is, it seems to be working.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Pecky Weenie

OV's own coach said Price was the best player in the league right now.
There isn't one player in the league that gives a better chance to his team to win than Price.
I don't think there's much of discussion for it. It's normal that in the media they push others, it creates a topic so they can fill their time on air. Gotta make it interesting.

Drifting

Apr 15, 2012
I was less nervous with him on the ice than Subban tonight. He is just very good at transitioning the play out of the zone.
Try to stiffen your spine so that you don't get nervous so easily :p:. Subban is playing tough defense against other teams' top line game in game out.

CanadianLover

Oct 27, 2014
Try to stiffen your spine so that you don't get nervous so easily :p:. Subban is playing tough defense against other teams' top line game in game out.

PK has more points than Bouwmeester and Pietrangelo put together. They are +4 together and PK is +9. We get this production for 9M. St-Louis is paying 12M for both players. Who is overpaid? :p:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Everyone *****es about the coaching staff (here of course but also) in Hamilton, going on about how they're ruining our youngsters. And yet whenever the kids get a call up they seem (at least as of late) to fit in seemlessly. There appears to be some developmental philosophy that's finding continuity across different levels of the organization, and, whatever it is, it seems to be working.
Yep. Just ask Jiri Sekac.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Next game:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-DSP
Prust-DLR-Weise
Bournival-Eller-Thomas

?
Eller on the fourth line? Are you for real? Is that Therrien's HFBoards account?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Which kid are you talking about? Beaulieu dropped to 17th his draft year and that was a real gift to us. Some had him in their top 10. The way he's playing isn't surprising. It was expected.
Tinordi? He's still not there. He still has quite a bit to work on and I hate the fact it seems like he feels he has to fight every game. But again, Tinordi had top 4 upside.
Pateryn? It's been 4 games.
Thomas and Bournival are not particularly impressing me.
DLR was the last cut from our training camp for a reason. I think it's a disappointment his offensive game in the AHL was limited to 6 goals, then again, he's never been a goal scorer. As reliable as he's been, the love he's been getting is a little too much.

I will give them this though, they all pretty very hard. There is one thing nobody can argue against with this coaching staff, they definitely get everybody to play hard and never give up on shifts. They're relentless.

dmanfish90

How about 76 for 25?
Jan 5, 2011
Newmarket, Ontario

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad