Habs beat Sabres 3-2

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I love Eller - I wanted him drafted way back when. But seriously, the whining is funny. We're on a 9-0-1 streak. DD has like 9 points and 3 shootout goals. Pacioretty has been on fire too. Yeah, let's complain about winning games.

DD's ice-time didn't change Eller's tonight in the slightest. This is the least amount of ice-time he's gotten in the last four games.

Eller's ice-time was hurt by Plekanec playing a couple more minutes than normal as well as the 4th line being given extra minutes for playing such a fantastic game.

Galchenyuk still saw a decent amount of ice-time.

Yeah - it's clear MT doesn't like Briere. If he could be shipped off, we should do it. He's produced a pretty decent clip for getting no ice-time. When he's played with Gionta and Plekanec, he's looked good offensively but his defensively liabilities are the worst on the team. First offensive star to get hurt on any team, we should try to ship them Briere for whatever piece.

Bournival still got a decent chunk of ice-time tonight, but he wasn't his normal effective self. Likely because he was trying to hard to "stick" when he got the chance and he was just making bad reads.

This is why a player like Bourque is important to the team. He's sound defensviely, he does create room sometimes, and he can chip in the odd goal. Having him play with Plekanec or with Eller.

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Bournival - Eller - Bourque

I know you don't like Desharnais - but even you can admit it would be stupid to not play him during the streak he's having right now. When he cools off, is no producing, and Eller is - the ice-time post would be meaningful. While we're on an incredible winning streak, where he's scoring in regular games and the shootout, it seems quite silly.

I got no problem with DD getting ice time when he's productive. I do think we're seeing more of the bad DD the last two games, however. He's making bad passes, getting pushed around easier, missing shots, falling down.. Hopefully it's just fatigue and he comes back against LA.

Honestly, Gallagher looks bad on the DD line lately, I think I might go with this..

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-DD-Gionta
Bournival-Eller-Bourque

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I guess we could only look at points without context and think that Desharnais is actually a great player. Yet playing the most sheltered role on the team, having our two best wingers and Maxpac generating puck possession and carrying pretty much all the offense on his line. Of course it's easy to look at the points and forget that Eller is used in a much more defensive situation with a much higher % of defensive zone faceoffs, playing against superior competition. But I guess none of those things factor in a player's production huh?

You do realize that DD is a part of a LINE right? So if the line is effective and DD is on it, his ice-time will likely be in line with the rest of his line. Is this a foreign concept to you? Do you completely discount his 9 points in 9 games?

Also, last time I checked, Plekanec gets the hardest defensive minutes amongst centres. And yes, I do watch the games and not just stats, which is why my criticism of Eller was how often he has turned over the puck in the past few games.

Lastly, without context? The context is that DD and his line has been hot offensively and Eller has not been nearly as effective. Context is the reason the TOI tonight is what it is.

Eagle Eye Cherry

guitar player
Feb 19, 2006
Montreal
totally unrelated but what the hell is the team's mascot supposed to be? a lumberjack? i noticed him during the game and thought to myself is this mascot some kind of french man or lumberjack? he was near my seat dancing around.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
totally unrelated but what the hell is the team's mascot supposed to be? a lumberjack? i noticed him during the game and thought to myself is this mascot some kind of french man or lumberjack? he was near my seat dancing around.

He's a Muppet. Litterally, created by the same people who created Miss Piggy & the others. Former mascot of the Expos we've adopted.

canadiancreed

Exiled from paradise
Nov 10, 2010
Canadas Black Hole
Well some Bruins fans feel it was justified and they're happy Thornton did it.

Some Bruin zealots need to move on to watching the WWE and leave hockey to those with triple digit IQ's.

Crap Leafs with the win. Andersen looked terrible in the SO.

He's looked shaky all year. Ottawa and goalies, they dont' stay fresh for long. Unless they've got a magical goalie prospect to bring out of the blue, they're going to prove Anderson right.

So are we rooting for the Leafs tomorrow vs the Bruins?

48482-i-hope-both-teams-lose--Grumpy-Bj5T.jpeg

XxTatar21SaucexX

MotownShowdown
Sep 3, 2012
I think the biggest thing right now is that we don't have that "elite" player offensively. We've got a top goalie and top defense pairing, but our forwards are either one-dimensional or just very good, not elite.

Depth is so important to our team because of that fact.

If we had that elite offensive player, Desharnais would be worthless to our club and Eller's role would be so important, especially if that player was a winger. Since we don't, having the depth is what is going to help us win games and hopefully the cup.

I wouldn't worry too much about having an elite player. Yes it would have been nice to see Lecavalier join in the summer but I think our depth will be a great help come the playoffs, assuming everybody turns it on. Very important improvements like our blue line solidified with Emelin and Murray as well as Price being consistent so far will be even bigger factors in the playoffs imo.

PricePkPatch*

We have been too lucky recently. Not playing enough on the offensive and domination.

We'll end up breaking like the Leafs if we keep this up. We can't afford to always win by the skin of our teeth and SuperPrice

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I didnt get to see the game tonight but as someone who is a big Eller fan I have no problem with the icetime if he played poorly. We won im happy. End of story for me

PricePkPatch*

Per Bruins Twitter.

Eriksson suffers a concussion and Kelly injured from a slash. Both not traveling with team

Oh man. Am going to cry so much about the poor Broons

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Per Bruins Twitter.

Eriksson suffers a concussion and Kelly injured from a slash. Both not traveling with team

Eriksson is a good guy. Orpik has always been a dirty player and I hate the Bruins.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Per Bruins Twitter.

I could care less about the Bruins. But its Eriksson's 2nd concussion in a month, I feel bad for him.

It's wierd that some fans seem to be unable to separate people from teams (except when its DD or Price or Cube or Murray or Gionta or etc)

dreamingofdrouin*

We have been too lucky recently. Not playing enough on the offensive and domination.

We'll end up breaking like the Leafs if we keep this up. We can't afford to always win by the skin of our teeth and SuperPrice

we were just tired....back to back against new jersey and boston in two tough ones...we didnt get enough rest in one day off.
I look forward to tuesday...that will be a very good test to tell us where we really are.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If you haven't been paying attention, DD has 9 points in 9 games before this one and happens to play on a line with our hottest scorer. Meanwhile Eller has been mediocre at best and turning over the puck far too often. That TOI seems about right given how both players have been playing. Especially tonight given how well our 4th line played.

If you're going to go there, then why did DD get tons of ice time during his massive slump? There is probably no consistent method to Therrien's madness, but hey, who cares about DD and Eller right now, it's going to be swept under a rug, the team is winning.

PricePkPatch*

I could care less about the Bruins. But its Eriksson's 2nd concussion in a month, I feel bad for him.

It's wierd that some fans seem to be unable to separate people from teams (except when its DD or Price or Cube or Murray or Gionta or etc)

If the Bruins team as a whole is badly impacted, you're gonna have a bad time making me cry.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site

Are you from Montreal? Youppi! Was a baseball fixture in all MLB, let alone Mtl.

Like one said, Roger D. landry, who was managing the marketing side of the Expos in the 80's, asked Jim Henson himself to create him, after the Souki disaster. Youppi! Became an instant success, not only in Montreal, but elsewhere in baseball, running in third place on the popularity chart only behind the San Diego Chicken and the Philly Fanatic.

When the Expos got transferred, the Habs bought the rights to Youppi! He's still popular with the kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad