Habs beat Nashville in OT

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
He would be best as a 3rd C on a contender though.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lehkonen - 2nd C - Gallagher
Byron - Danault - Shaw
Carr/Hudon - Mitchell - McCarron/Terry/Flynn/Andrighetto/Whatever

That is very sexy.

Add:

Top 2 LD - Weber
Sergachev - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn
Nygren/Barberio/Redmond/UFAs

Price
Montoya/Lindgren

Very, very ,very sexy.

If that 2nd and 3rd line are sexy to you

I don't even know what kind of freaky ish you are into

Eww

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Max with a game winner number 5 of the season, tied for 4th in the league.

Pacioretty is a goal scorer plain and simple, that is his game, a rocket of a shot every single time. It always looks like goalies have a tough time with his wrister/snap shot and that is his value to this club. On the pp he should not be a setup man, nope it's a dumb way to use him, just have him ready to fire ala Ovechkin with Washington, we desperately need goals and the pp is whats holding us back. Use him in the right way and things will get better.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Deserved the two points, we played a very good road game and both goalies were excellent.

That overtime was awesome to watch, seeing us control the play like that and even make changes while we had the puck in the offensive zone.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Deserved the two points, we played a very good road game and both goalies were excellent.

That overtime was awesome to watch, seeing us control the play like that and even make changes while we had the puck in the offensive zone.

Wasn't it like our 4th OT in a row? I guess we've been getting a lot of practice :)

That possession in OT was great, but NSH is also terrible at 3v3.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Wasn't it like our 4th OT in a row? I guess we've been getting a lot of practice :)

That possession in OT was great, but NSH is also terrible at 3v3.
We dominated the OT, and it looks like our coaches have figured out, just exactly who should be out there, for the 3 on 3.....there is so much wide open space on the ice.

Great job by all on the team, and especially Weber and Radulov!!

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
If Ottawa or Boston can't catch us now when we're decimated with injuries they never will. The team doesn't have a great record in the last 10 games (4-3-3) but we are playing well. I really think this is the year to push all in. Love the make up of this team.

Newhabfan

Sep 3, 2008
Montreal
If Ottawa or Boston can't catch us now when we're decimated with injuries they never will. The team doesn't have a great record in the last 10 games (4-3-3) but we are playing well. I really think this is the year to push all in. Love the make up of this team.

You seem to forget that the end of injuries means DD back in the line up. Which will start the anger again.

I'm not a Therrien/DD basher but it's hard to ignore that MT as a coach and the team looked a lot better without DD in the lineup. Last year and this year.

I really like the guy btw, he's a great inspirational story.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If we could get a legit 2nd line center then neither DD or Pleks are needed. Chucky, xxxx, Danault & McCarron or Mitchell are fine.

Loving Danault's faceoff abilities. Possession in 3 on 3 is so important & Habs as a team seem to finally understand that. Nashville basically played a zone defense 3 on 3. It was weird & amazing to watch.

Danault also has underrated offensive talent. He's made some nice passes & looks for the trailer. Very impressed with him this season.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Let Markov walk, let Desharnais walk. That frees up 9 million.

A little overkill don't you think.

Radulov is already getting paid right now. So basically all you have to do is let DD walk, take his money and give it to Radulov which would be over-payment. Radulov is getting what now 5.5 and Dd is getting 3.5. That's 9 mil. We can probably sign him for 6.5 - 7 a year. Where the problem may be is in the term.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Really starting to question Beaulieu's brains, or lack thereof. Some of the pinches this guy does are mind-blowingly stupid. He's only 24 so I don't want to rush and call his ceiling, I play D myself and I am still learning things and improving my game in my 30s, and we see that with a lot of NHL D-men too, but he's in the NHL, he really has to be smarter out there.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Really starting to question Beaulieu's brains, or lack thereof. Some of the pinches this guy does are mind-blowingly stupid. He's only 24 so I don't want to rush and call his ceiling, I play D myself and I am still learning things and improving my game in my 30s, and we see that with a lot of NHL D-men too, but he's in the NHL, he really has to be smarter out there.

I also played D, though injuries have caused me not to play in a league in years, and O often pinched because I knew my speed would allow me to catch up nine time out of ten. Also my d partner knew how I played and while I was more offensive he was great defensively.

That being said, yes you do have to select when to pinch and make sure you aren't leaving your team in a hole if you mess up.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
You seem to forget that the end of injuries means DD back in the line up. Which will start the anger again.

I'm not a Therrien/DD basher but it's hard to ignore that MT as a coach and the team looked a lot better without DD in the lineup. Last year and this year.

I really like the guy btw, he's a great inspirational story.

I don't know how MT can keep DD back in the line up. Who does he replace? I get it he is a vet and deserves a chance but once AG is back there is no one else left to sit for DD to play.

My prediction is DD gets back in has a few games and is scratched rather quickly. No way should he replace AG/PLEK/DANAULT/MITCHEL down the middle.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
TSN is really going all Leafs now. Weber makes his return to Nashville yet on That's Hockey 2nite its not mentioned untill half way through the show and even when they do show the highlights it's briefly shown. Meanwhile a meaningless Leafs Caps game is shown 5 minutes in and is given a full 5 minute breakdown on every goal.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
TSN is really going all Leafs now. Weber makes his return to Nashville yet on That's Hockey 2nite its not mentioned untill half way through the show and even when they do show the highlights it's briefly shown. Meanwhile a meaningless Leafs Caps game is shown 5 minutes in and is given a full 5 minute breakdown on every goal.
I just can't stomach those programs anymore...it's that bad...all the time.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
We dominated the OT, and it looks like our coaches have figured out, just exactly who should be out there, for the 3 on 3.....there is so much wide open space on the ice.

Great job by all on the team, and especially Weber and Radulov!!

Personnel to an extent. But more so learning to be patient with the puck.

Most of our 3 on 3 losses have been after a poor quality shot that leads to a 2 on 1 going the other way. The stall or keep away is a brilliant strategy. It allows for true puck possession and forces the opposing team to attack, leaving them vulnerable.

Fire wagon hockey in 3 v 3 usually ends quickly and poorly for us.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
A little overkill don't you think.

Radulov is already getting paid right now. So basically all you have to do is let DD walk, take his money and give it to Radulov which would be over-payment. Radulov is getting what now 5.5 and Dd is getting 3.5. That's 9 mil. We can probably sign him for 6.5 - 7 a year. Where the problem may be is in the term.

DD's money is going straight into Galchenyuk's pockets.

Gotta find another way to keep Radugod.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad