Habs beat Nashville in OT

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
He cost us a goal. But he wasn't awful.

Gallagher has played much better the past 3 games. I really hope he's breaking out of a slump.

Even when he wasn't scoring before that he was still playing well. Guys who try and don't produce will break through eventually.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Even when he wasn't scoring before that he was still playing well. Guys who try and don't produce will break through eventually.

Exactly. It's now like he is getting zero chances, he is working hard. Points will come

bbob

Nov 27, 2015
He's having the puck on his stick way too often in my opinion . He is more effective when he's just whacking on lose pucks and jumping on rebounds in front of the net.

He lacks creativity to be carrying the puck in or trying to actually make plays...

He lacks creativity???did you just say that! You clearly can't see what's going on....it sounds like your talking about patches not radulov! Or is patches a creative set up man? I know he thinks he is but he should only shoot.

This is so baffling....did you see him dealing between Nashville players all night?? Or how most scoring chances came from him being Creative??like in most games!. Radulov needs a creative player that can keep up with him, wait till galchenyuk comes back! Patches and others can't read him but he still sets up the play, it's not radulov but the wrong players playing with him

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Let's not forget that he's still very young , he's played less than 100 games in the NHL.

More and more I watch him play with actually talented players , more and more often I see him making smart offensive plays and actually show offensive upside.

His defensive game and play along the boards is already one of the best on this team.

I think with time he could become a respectable second line center in this league.

He would be best as a 3rd C on a contender though.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lehkonen - 2nd C - Gallagher
Byron - Danault - Shaw
Carr/Hudon - Mitchell - McCarron/Terry/Flynn/Andrighetto/Whatever

That is very sexy.

Add:

Top 2 LD - Weber
Sergachev - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn
Nygren/Barberio/Redmond/UFAs

Price
Montoya/Lindgren

Very, very ,very sexy.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He lacks creativity???did you just say that! You clearly can't see what's going on....it sounds like your talking about patches not radulov! Or is patches a creative set up man? I know he thinks he is but he should only shoot.

This is so baffling....did you see him dealing between Nashville players all night?? Or how most scoring chances came from him being Creative??like in most games!. Radulov needs a creative player that can keep up with him, wait till galchenyuk comes back! Patches and others can't read him but he still sets up the play, it's not radulov but the wrong players playing with him

They were talking about Gallagher as far as I understood. Not Radulov.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Gally struggles are not just around the net. He is making ill advised passes and fighting the puck in all three zones.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

They were talking about Gally.

To your point though. Yes Chucky, (Biron too) can play with Rads. Biron is a smart player, head on a swivel, confident with the puck, finds guys while protecting the puck and is fast as hell. Markov also clicks well with Radulov. Chucky, Markov, and Rads looking to create plays on pp and 5 on 5. Good thing to look forward too.

When is Markov expected back?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Great game. Well deserved win. Great game by Price, Weber and of course Radulov. Pacioretty goes from being a game time decision to scoring the overtime winner. I'm nervous every time the 3rd pairing is out there.

Glad I'm not the only one. Both Johnston and Barberio suck in their own zone, chasing the puck like chickens with their heads cut off, easily pushed off the puck and completely unable to clear the zone, never mind orchestrate much of a transition game.

Can't wait for Markov and, eventually, Pattern to be back to solidify that back end.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
[/B]

Glad I'm not the only one. Both Johnston and Barberio suck in their own zone, chasing the puck like chickens with their heads cut off, easily pushed off the puck and completely unable to clear the zone, never mind orchestrate much of a transition game.

Can't wait for Markov and, eventually, Pattern to be back to solidify that back end.

I dont know why Therrien seems to have an unbreakable policy that the two worst defendemen dressed automatically are the third pair.

Ya know some coaches actually put the new/weaker/rookie/still learning players with a veteran.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
The Preds are a classy organisation, it was a pretty emotive moment, wish them all the best.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Beaulieu made a bad play or two but he is miles better than both Barberio and Johnston. After Kessel walked around Johnston I thought his time with the Habs would be over. Unfortunately it wasn't. I also prefer Redmond.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Great win. Especially the way it went down with Rads and Weber shining. Good crowd reaction to both players too. Gracious to Shea and relentlessly booing Radulov.

Our third pairing makes me long for the days of Dandoullion.

Mia

Oct 1, 2015
Montréal
output_BCmOon_zps0ydy5zpy.gif

These gifs are greats where you em?:laugh:

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Pacs was acting funny during his post game interview. wouldn't be surprised if he was on something to calm the pain.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
These gifs are greats where you em?:laugh:

Thanks. I'm trying to get him to post on HF but it won't be easy. Glad you liked them.

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
So proud of the boys tonight, just so proud

Weber scores and Radulov assists/creates both goals

unreal

so great to pick up all these points when we should be struggling

when we get healthier and healthier of the next coming weeks, itll be great to see if we can be a top team again and go on a tear into march and into the playoffs

For the flak Pateryn gets, we DEARLy miss him on that bottom pairing, and hopefully michel stops jerking this guy around and lets him keep the spot he deserves

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
What kind of title is that, it should be "RaduGod is the True Predator".

Best Game Weber has played in a while.

Radulov with his mix of skills and physical side and using his body reminds me of Forsberg.

Finally Price plays well and we win.

Finally the Habs trully dominated a team.

Max has really become a monster. He really took charge as captain latelly. I don't know what was the turning point but there had to be a spark.

Question is, what becomes of Danault and Beaulieu. You cannot downgrade them when Chucky and Markov returns. Danault cannot play behind Plek. Beaulieu cannot play on the third pairing.

My 3 stars would have been

1. Radulove
2. Rinne
3. Weber

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
The shots may have been lopsided but I thought Nashville had quite a few decent chances, and price had to be razor sharp.

Anyways, it was also a good effort by Montreal and I admire that they continue to scrape points out of these tough circumstances.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I have no idea how we are going to survive vs an offensively gifted team like Dallas with these 2 guys. Probably going mostly with 4D tomorrow.

Dallas haven't been all that offensive this season (18th), so far, and they really stink defensively (24th). I wouldn't worry too much about that, but yeah with guys like Barberio and Johnston in your team: it does not look so good.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
No way! The kid is involved, generates tons of chances. He is perhaps snake bitten. Played a great game.

I agree 100%. Gallagher is giving it his all every single game. He just can't bury one in. Also, I want to add that while Plekanec is not noticeable offensively, he still is a good shutdown center, and good in faceoffs. I absolutely would love to see Duchene as 2C (I honestly think if we can acquire Duchene without giving up one of our main core - we legit have a major shot to win it all this year).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad