Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Leafs 5-2

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I hate the Ole chant and I wish it would die. Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye is good enough, and better expresses the sentiment (i.e. we're sticking a fork in you cause you're done) anyway, but no. Next to that stupid thing Carolina does (did?) after winning games, this is the worst. To each his own, I suppose, and I am all good with that - after all, there is the convenience of the mute button.

All we can do is flag dumb things that crowds do and voice our opposition to them in a forum such as this, even if we know they can't really be controlled.

Come to think of it, most collective fan behavior is just plain idiotic. Just look at all those Atlanta Braves fans doing the chop, lol. You'll find that kind of low IQ stuff in most arenas and stadiums. I would say that it's more a reflection of a type of recurring human behavior in a massive crowd setting than it is about the idiosyncracies proper to certain communities or certain pro team fans. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, what Hab fans do in the stands, is not all that different or embarrassing than what fans in other stadiums or arenas do. If you're looking for a source of embarrassment, you'll find it anywhere.

If you work from the premise that all collective crowd manifestations are absurd, then it doesn't really matter what they're chanting.

For me, it comes down to this: if you're not participating in the lame-ass behavior that you're despising, you're winning.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If Bergevin can pull a top 2 LHD out of his ass, I'd be officially optimistic about this season.

3ejhp7.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Next time I'll write 10 pages of praises, will you read them all?

Doesn't it become a bit redundant when you see every post saying good game? What else is there to add?

Problems create debate and a loss is a problem.

What you wrote doesn't tell us anything particular about this board or human behavior in general. It's just pure logic that a negative outcome will create debate over how to overcome the problem, while winning is a positive outcome, what is there to say about a positive outcome? Repetitive platitudes and that's it.

Why don't we do it and set a new page record for PGTs following a win?

I'll start.

Good game, huh?

Let's see how far we get. It should be fairly easy, we can easily generate a ton of posts with congratulatory type messages.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why don't we do it and set a new page record for PGTs following a win?

Good game, huh?

Let's see how far we get. It should be fairly easy, we can easily generate a ton of posts with congratulatory type messages.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Who else thinks this was truly impressive performance by the Habs?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Seems to me both statements above, hit the mark.

Now, is this another guy just like Drouin, upon whom we may peg hope for a surprise the rest of the season?

We shall see.

So far so good. Last year, Armia had 13 goals in 57 games. This year, 6 goals in 9 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Armia with the dirty Kovalev-esque mitts, guy has great hands.
I was told by @Lafleurs Guy that this guy was a negligible addition, barely a needle mover.

this guy is proving to the NHL that he belongs, a bit of a late bloomer.....and we got him for Simon Bourque, bargain bin deal that turns Yard sale junk into a 10,000$ Coin Collection

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I was told by @Lafleurs Guy that this guy was a negligible addition, barely a needle mover.

this guy is proving to the NHL that he belongs, a bit of a late bloomer.....and we got him for Simon Bourque, bargain bin deal that turns Yard sale junk into a 10,000$ Coin Collection
Loved the move when it happened. Not sure why we can't do something similar this year while we have cap space.

Reactions: jaffy27

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Well they won which was great. I'd say the leafs sort of handed us the win but they also earned it. That second period looked nasty for us.

We also saw one of the flashes of JD which is what I was expecting when we got him. Great job.

Keep this up and I'll be grabbing my gun to start to collect crow for that pie. I'm not at that point yet... but I at least am beginning to oil it up to get ready to start collecting crow.

Do you want want my hot take on JD? Well its a public forum so your gonna get it anyways and you can't do anything to stop me. :eviltongu:P

Its cause he cut his hair.

Cause and effect. Hair cut, plays better. You can't change my mind :tmi:

Our D still sucks but Price was enough to cover them up. His rebound control was pretty good that night as I recall. I was 3 sheets to the wind during the game so my memory isn't the best.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Do you want want my hot take on JD? Well its a public forum so your gonna get it anyways and you can't do anything to stop me. :eviltongu:P

Its cause he cut his hair.

Cause and effect. Hair cut, plays better. You can't change my mind :tmi:

I agree 100%. I tried to explain this to people how having more hair adds weight to your head. It makes turning and looking around much easier and improves vision as your bangs don't get into your eyes. Helmets need to be bigger to in order to accommodate the wavy locks, thus more weight.

I mean, it's just plain logic here.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki time soon.
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Re-watched Petry drilling Barrie. Hilarious that after the hit, Petry was looking around waiting for retaliation and nobody even made a move at him. I think it crossed Matthews’ mind, but then he put his head down and skated by.

It was a good clean hit,sad part is nowadays that retaliation is possible. No one likes to get hit,but usually the player getting hit knows if it's a good hit or a dirty hit.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki time soon.
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Next time I'll write 10 pages of praises, will you read them all?

Doesn't it become a bit redundant when you see every post saying good game? What else is there to add?

Problems create debate and a loss is a problem.

What you wrote doesn't tell us anything particular about this board or human behavior in general. It's just pure logic that a negative outcome will create debate over how to overcome the problem, while winning is a positive outcome, what is there to say about a positive outcome? Repetitive platitudes and that's it.

TOI will always be a debate,win or lose.

Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki time soon.
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
All we can do is flag dumb things that crowds do and voice our opposition to them in a forum such as this, even if we know they can't really be controlled.

Come to think of it, most collective fan behavior is just plain idiotic. Just look at all those Atlanta Braves fans doing the chop, lol. You'll find that kind of low IQ stuff in most arenas and stadiums. I would say that it's more a reflection of a type of recurring human behavior in a massive crowd setting than it is about the idiosyncracies proper to certain communities or certain pro team fans. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, what Hab fans do in the stands, is not all that different or embarrassing than what fans in other stadiums or arenas do. If you're looking for a source of embarrassment, you'll find it anywhere.

If you work from the premise that all collective crowd manifestations are absurd, then it doesn't really matter what they're chanting.

For me, it comes down to this: if you're not participating in the lame-ass behavior that you're despising, you're winning.

Somewhere Sigmund Freud is smiling.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki time soon.
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Who else thinks this was truly impressive performance by the Habs?

Impressive at times,but concerning also. That 2nd period was far from good on the Habs part. Looks like the Leafs really miss JT and his work ethic

Cousins and Thompson seem to be better than expected. Not to stir the pot,but if Cousins is replacing Shaws output,so far he has surpassed him. Suzuki on that line is fine, would prefer to see him at center on another line,but compliments that line regardless.

Armia seems to have improved his game from last season,time will tell if he can sustain the pace.

Glad to see JD pot a few more goals and his all around game be solid more often than not. His goals were very Byron-esque,but the Byron from last year is a concern.

At this juncture to get a true #1 lD I'd rather package PB over AL. Expected to see more from KK,seems slower and less quick

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Dale Weisse 2.0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad