Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Laffs 2-1 - Darkest day in Weakileaks, CBC history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
It is not preventing Radulov and Galchenyuk from producing. More ice time likely wouldn't really help them produce more since it would be D zone draws, PK time, etc.

Also, in this condensed schedule it makes a lot of sense to spread ice time as much as possible and try to preserve your best player's energy for when it really matters down the stretch.

Absolutely right.

It is not a sprint, it is a marathon, an ultra marathon... The Habs team is made of smallish players that need to play less to have enough energy to go further. MB must fix this issue soon !

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It is not preventing Radulov and Galchenyuk from producing. More ice time likely wouldn't really help them produce more since it would be D zone draws, PK time, etc.

Their production is not sustainable considering their ice time. In the last 5 years no player finished top 20 in the league playing less than 16 minutes.

Jul 6, 2016
Their production is not sustainable considering their ice time. In the last 5 years no player finished top 20 in the league playing less than 16 minutes.

As long as they are helping the team to win, that's fine. The Stanley Cup is more important than the Art Ross or Rocket Richard, or wathever individual siver ware.

Spectaculard

What am I a fruit?
Jan 25, 2007
Montreal
As long as they are helping the team to win, that's fine. The Stanley Cup is more important than the Art Ross or Rocket Richard, or wathever individual siver ware.

We're not winning no cup with therrien. Unless price e goes on some legendary run its not happening. I'll gladly eat the crow if it happens.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I'm guessing that the reason why Radulov only got around 10min ES is because he's still not 100%. If that's the case, then why play him with Galchenyuk and Byron and drag their ice-time down too? I would've went with:

Hudon - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Shaw
Danault - Plekanec - Byron
Terry - Mitchell - Radulov

Then next game:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Byron - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Danault - Desharnais - Shaw
Hudon - Mitchell - Carr/Terry

And move Mitchell up with Danault and Shaw to protect a lead.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
That would be awful. It would actually slow down the first line since Pacioretty is awful. Let's not do that. Pacioretty needs to grow a heart, or better yet ... be traded.

Well you aren't going to get anything good in a trade for a player who isn't producing. Look what the Leafs got for Kessel when he wasn't producing. Do you want that trash in return for a player we know can be dominant?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Someone else will need to cover for them when they'll be on a colder streak. So far i've not seen any line able to do that on a consistent basis.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Someone else will need to cover for them when they'll be on a colder streak. So far i've not seen any line able to do that on a consistent basis.

And thats on Pleks/Max/Galley.

Those guys are not pulling their weight right now. Those 3 losses in a row could of been prevented if the 3 no shows would of decided to do something. We lost all 3 games by 1 goal outshot the opponents in 2 of those games. Is it to much to ask that the 3 leaders and core players score 1 goal each in those games? IMHO I don't think so.

Now in the end team is 14-3-2 with our 3 best players playing like crap. If and when they finally turn it on the team is going to be even better.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
So sick of these back to backs I still don't get why the habs had to play the canes friday when neither team played weds or thurs.

The NHL has to do better to avoid these. It ends up being a lower quality hockey presentation when you just know the team is going to be gassed in the second half of the game.

At the very least they should make both teams are on the back to back, and both travelling the night before

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
So sick of these back to backs I still don't get why the habs had to play the canes friday when neither team played weds or thurs.

The NHL has to do better to avoid these. It ends up being a lower quality hockey presentation when you just know the team is going to be gassed in the second half of the game.

At the very least they should make both teams are on the back to back, and both travelling the night before

Yeah it really is terrible. Bad for the fans, bad for the players.

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
It's too bad we have to rely on Price to win us a game at home against the ****ing Leafs

my thoughts exactly,

what it boils down to is this, our team is basically only one goalie better then the leafs team,

if we trade goalies with the leafs they smoke us in both of those games we played, and they would also have a far better record then us,

and that's pretty scary considering they are only in year two of a rebuild,

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
my thoughts exactly,

what it boils down to is this, our team is basically only one goalie better then the leafs team,

if we trade goalies with the leafs they smoke us in both of those games we played, and they would also have a far better record then us,

good for them they miss the playoffs for so long, i wouldnt trade the playoffs fun that i had in the past for what they got now

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
my thoughts exactly,

and also CP is with us beceause we drafted him 5 overall unstead of drafting an offensive player, there's no luck there just wise management at the time, he is part of the habs as much as Matthews or marmer or nylander are for the leafs

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Who cares about playoff fun, the point is to win a cup

So disregard everything between September and hoisting the cup. You know, you can feel good about lots of things besides the cup, if that's the ONLY thing that matters then you must be some frustrated miserable fan.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
So disregard everything between September and hoisting the cup. You know, you can feel good about lots of things besides the cup, if that's the ONLY thing that matters then you must be some frustrated miserable fan.

If you want to settle for anything less than a cup, then be my guest.

I'm not here to tell you what should matter or not. You can make your own god damn decisions.

I'm sure Cubs fans had tons of fun during their 108 year drought.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Who cares about playoff fun, the point is to win a cup

obviously not you, but i sure had a lot of fun during the 2010 run and when we beat Lucic and the bruins 3 years ago, in fact havin a lot of fun everytime habs wins a postseason game, also did have a lot of fun watching 9 of the 24 stanleycup the habs won, didn't saw the leafs win it not even 1, that's why i said wouldnt change my past as hockey fan for the future fun the leafs will have, and that why i said good for them as a response to Habs4ev

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If you want to settle for anything less than a cup, then be my guest.

I'm not here to tell you what should matter or not. You can make your own god damn decisions.

I'm sure Cubs fans had tons of fun during their 108 year drought.

Hence the miserable fan......:laugh:

And this ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't take sports so seriously!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
obviously not you, but i sure had a lot of fun during the 2010 run and when we beat Lucic and the bruins 3 years ago, in fact havin a lot of fun everytime habs wins a postseason game, also did have a lot of fun watching 9 of the 24 stanleycup the habs won, didn't saw the leafs win it not even 1, that's why i said wouldnt change my past as hockey fan for the future fun the leafs will have, and that why i said good for them as a response to Habs4ev

Apparently it's Cup or pure misery

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
hmmm for Matthew, Nylander AND Marner

id be ****ing tempted :nod: to trade the last 5 playoff appearances

hate to be philosophic here being a hockey board discussion and all but, the past being the past nobody can change it, and the future well......nothing is more unshure than the future ...who knows what will happen in the future might as well apreciate the present :)

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
my thoughts exactly,

LOL comeon you sound like a leafs fan. Leafs have not beat the habs in 3 year. It takes more than Price to beat on a team for 3 years straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad