Pre-Game Talk: Habs at Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I don't know why Cleary was sat for one game and hasn't been sat again. He's had a couple tolerable games but the rest have been downright awful.

We have had all the time injuries after that scratch. Sammy has been sitting mostly, but I'm almost sure there hasn't been 2 healthy guys at the pressbox since.

So if you want Cleary to sit, it means Sammy is put on the roster. There's no free roster spots for other Griffins guys to be promoted.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
4 point game only 5 behind montreal at this point. This game friday is a must win. Much prefer a row win but we need two points from it and deny them access to any points.
If we can Take third place in our division and hold onto it we can give a middle finger to the whole wildcard mess where we would be fighting against way too many teams for a spot.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Cleary benched? Surely, you must be speaking in jest.

Most likely, but I don't think it's impossible. I do think he's unfairly singled out, though, when half our lineup has been lousy most of the season.

I would much rather sit Cleary because he was so bad last game but outside of last game Eaves has done NOTHING. He has been useless. I would obviously play him after having such a good game last night and Cleary/Bert being so bad but dont say hes been playing great. Hes had one good game all season and its those bottom lines not performing that have killed the wnigs

Yeah, pretty much where I sit with the bottom6. Every once in awhile one of them has to have a good game (or at least I'd hope so), but none of them have been overly impressive over the entire season. It's a roll of the dice every game which ones to sit and which to ice.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
More than anything I'm excited to see quincey improve even more. I don't know what it is about him but I'm just so happy he's been improving and I hope he can keep it up.

And I think bert showed his usefulness in the shootout at least, cleary is basically just taking up space and slowing down the team though.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I would much rather sit Cleary because he was so bad last game but outside of last game Eaves has done NOTHING. He has been useless. I would obviously play him after having such a good game last night and Cleary/Bert being so bad but dont say hes been playing great. Hes had one good game all season and its those bottom lines not performing that have killed the wnigs

Eaves has a couple advantages to Cleary, despite not playing consistently well all year.

1. Speed.
2. Shot is better *and* it's a righty shot. And it's a great shot as we've seen a few times this year.

I mean, couple that with the fact that their production is pretty identical (with Cleary getting waaaaaay more PP time) there's really no reason not to use Eaves. He fills the same role in the bottom6 and PK units. It's probably not ever going to be the difference between a loss and a win, but it is also, to me, a pretty easy choice.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
4 point game only 5 behind montreal at this point. This game friday is a must win. Much prefer a row win but we need two points from it and deny them access to any points.
If we can Take third place in our division and hold onto it we can give a middle finger to the whole wildcard mess where we would be fighting against way too many teams for a spot.

I think the next 4 games are must win games. Were playing a lot of games with teams we fighting with for a playoff spot. Montreal, flordia, Philly, Washington x2. I think we need to go 5-0 and start building into a better playoff spot.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Eaves has a couple advantages to Cleary, despite not playing consistently well all year.

1. Speed.
2. Shot is better *and* it's a righty shot. And it's a great shot as we've seen a few times this year.

I mean, couple that with the fact that their production is pretty identical (with Cleary getting waaaaaay more PP time) there's really no reason not to use Eaves. He fills the same role in the bottom6 and PK units. It's probably not ever going to be the difference between a loss and a win, but it is also, to me, a pretty easy choice.

You can compare any forward to Cleary and he'll look good. I was just responding more to the fact that rwfp made it sound like Eaves has been good for an extended time. No, hes had one good game all year. I would much rather have Callahan playing over Eaves.

The bottom 6 has been the let down all year. We finally get a little bit of good play from the bottom 6 and the wings beat arguably the best team in the league. That should be happening way more

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
You can compare any forward to Cleary and he'll look good. I was just responding more to the fact that rwfp made it sound like Eaves has been good for an extended time. No, hes had one good game all year. I would much rather have Callahan playing over Eaves.

The bottom 6 has been the let down all year. We finally get a little bit of good play from the bottom 6 and the wings beat arguably the best team in the league. That should be happening way more

Remember last year when wherever Cleary found himself, either top or bottom 6 that group would struggle? Cleary ruins everything around him.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Remember last year when wherever Cleary found himself, either top or bottom 6 that group would struggle? Cleary ruins everything around him.

I remember when he was with dats and did a better job of stopping dats from scoring than any defender.

benusmc

Feb 11, 2008
If we have the cap space to avoid that I think we will. Seems a no brainer to insert Alfie on Z's line and move Abby to Helm and scratch Cleary or Bert. Wouldn't be surprised if Jurco gets the shaft though.

I hoping by this point Holland and Babcock realize they can't continue these projects (Cleary/Bert) at the cost of points, as we start to get healthy. Jurco/Sheahan have provided more than both of them.

Detroit Swed Wings

#FireHolland
Jan 17, 2013
Malmö
What we all want - Jurco
What some want - Jurco, Sheahan
What Babs want - Cleary, Bertuzzi

We all know this so why the "cmon itz obviouz we should play jurcz" comments. We know it aint gonna happen anyway. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad