Pre-Game Talk: Habs at Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 20m
Alfredsson says he's going to talk to trainers and coaches if he's ready for Friday. Says feels good after a few hard skates.

Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 8m
Babcock says Gustavsson is starting Friday against Montreal.

Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 1h
Very optional practice. Of the injured guys skating. Alfredsson. Datsyuk. Franzen.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I predicted we would lose to L.A, and we won. Then I predicted we would beat the Blues, and we got smoked. I followed that up with predicting an embarrassing loss to the Hawks, and we won.

So I predict Montreal wins 157-1.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I'm sure Jurco will be sent down.
If we have the cap space to avoid that I think we will. Seems a no brainer to insert Alfie on Z's line and move Abby to Helm and scratch Cleary or Bert. Wouldn't be surprised if Jurco gets the shaft though.

RoyalDoubleMcCheesie

Aug 31, 2008
Hopefully this is a good start to a nice little streak for the team after Montreal hasn't been playing to good and Price has allowed I believe 16 goals in his last 4 games or something.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I predicted we would lose to L.A, and we won. Then I predicted we would beat the Blues, and we got smoked. I followed that up with predicting an embarrassing loss to the Hawks, and we won.

So I predict Montreal wins 157-1.

You cannot trick the jinx/anit-jinx. It only works when you mean it.

Brandel*

J-F Chaumont ‏@JFChaumontJDM
#Habs: P.K. Subban n'est pas sur la glace pour l'entraînement au Joe Louis Arena.

wishful thinking :)

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
That will anger me greatly. Jurco has been really good. Not that much offensively. But more his speed and physicality. Stupid, but wouldn't shock me.

He played a crucial role in setting up Tatar's goal against the Hawks and he was out there throwing his 6'2 body around all night.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
He played a crucial role in setting up Tatar's goal against the Hawks and he was out there throwing his 6'2 body around all night.

I'm just saying that his speed, size and physicality have been more impressive as well as his puck possession skills. But the later is the main reason he should stay up with the big club.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah if there isnt cap issues with it I will be livid if Jurco is sent down so that Cleary can play after that pathetic display against the Hawks.

Even if Jurco isnt producing (which he is decently) he was laying guys out last night. He was never soft in GR but I've never seen thate dge to his game and he actually makes the wings bigger. Unlike Bert or Cleary anymore who dont play big. Provides speed as well.

I dont even think the management/Babcock can love vets enough to send down Jurco so one of those bums can play

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
i would like to think babcock has learned his lesson about bertuzzi and cleary from last game but i know better than that

as for gus, i think bab's line of thinking is that gus will settle down now that he got a game under his belt after being out a month

but if he contiues to look as bad as he did last game, i think we start to see mrazek more often

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
eh, don't really care which of Cleary/Bert/Eaves/Miller sits to keep Jurco in the lineup. As long as one of them does.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Yeah if there isnt cap issues with it I will be livid if Jurco is sent down so that Cleary can play after that pathetic display against the Hawks.

Even if Jurco isnt producing (which he is decently) he was laying guys out last night. He was never soft in GR but I've never seen thate dge to his game and he actually makes the wings bigger. Unlike Bert or Cleary anymore who dont play big. Provides speed as well.

I dont even think the management/Babcock can love vets enough to send down Jurco so one of those bums can play

From what I can tell, we don't have cap issues until Weiss comes of LTIR. At that point, we either need to move someone off the cap roster entirely (trade) or we won't be able to afford to keep all of the kids up who have been playing well for us.

Unless someone else goes on ltir, of course (good time for sammy to get hurt in practice?)

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
It sucks that we have to hope for someone else to get injured so our good players can play.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Have to keep Miller and Eaves up. They've been playing great. SIT CLEARY

I would much rather sit Cleary because he was so bad last game but outside of last game Eaves has done NOTHING. He has been useless. I would obviously play him after having such a good game last night and Cleary/Bert being so bad but dont say hes been playing great. Hes had one good game all season and its those bottom lines not performing that have killed the wnigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad