GDT: Habs at Oily, 7pm TVA, CityTV, Sportsnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
It can work, but it's more about playing the odds. If it does work, great, change in possession. Problem is it's comparatively rare, so letting your goalie square up to a shooter will give you a better chance

Yea I think back in the day the idea was preventing any shots on the goalie whereas now the strategy seems to be let the shooter shoot and just make sure the other guy doesn't get the rebound.

Reactions: Vijo Morganstein

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Domi and Danault are king of offensive zone turnovers. The true problem with that centerline is that the puck management is a flat zero. Freaking horrible. Kotkaniemi used to be great at it in his first year but he fell off too, I wonder whats up. It looks systemic.

Suzuki is still okay about that one, if he starts managing it like Jordie Benn Ill start blaming the coach.

Reactions: covfefe and Maliki2

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Yea I think back in the day the idea was preventing any shots on the goalie whereas now the strategy seems to be let the shooter shoot and just make sure the other guy doesn't get the rebound.
That strategy isn't new. And it's not the rebound, it's the cross ice pass

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I'm actually in awe of it and looking forward to many more of your (or is it you're, your/you're post has me confused) insights on the leagues best players.

Yup, attack my grammar as I quickly type between plays while watching the game.

Maybe you need to relax. I didn't say he wasn't one of the best players in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad