GDT: Habs at Leafs Pre-season game #6 Monday, October 2nd 7pm SN

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Other prospects just look like they're further developed, especially Minten.
Minten looks like a hockey player.
Knies, Minten and Cowan look good/promising.
I agree, it’s just unfortunate that we used to say that about Robertson and could really use him to break out right now as opposed to a couple years from now like the others will be

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'd say Sammy was pretty good, but could have been better. A couple of deflections and a couple of blown coverages (Lilly and JT).

Domi's smirk is supposed to upset the other team's fans, not ours. :sarcasm:

5 goals on 26 shots is not "pretty good." It's not 1985.

In a game that matters that's completely unacceptable.

Last night didn't so you chalk It up to rust.

But no there is no world where Samsonov was good last night.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

Number of shot and goal allowed its not the only thing matter...

1st goal was weak,The rest was okay

And its was his 1st full game and only his 5th period for samsonov... goalie need 4-5-6 complete game most of the time to be ready

It was like a pre-season game

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Number of shot and goal allowed its not the only thing matter...

1st goal was weak,The rest was okay

And its was his 1st full game and only his 5th period for samsonov... goalie need 4-5-6 complete game most of the time to be ready

It was like a pre-season game

Hence why I said chalk It up to rust

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

I didn't say he was good, and he certainly could have been better, but the same can be said for the team in front of him.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
I'd say Sammy was pretty good, but could have been better. A couple of deflections and a couple of blown coverages (Lilly and JT).

Domi's smirk is supposed to upset the other team's fans, not ours. :sarcasm:
Look, Domi has had limited success in his career. Keefe is allowing him to coast, no competition for a spot. What he brings is still not known. There is marginal difference between, Domi, Lafferty, Jarnkrok, Holmberg, Gambrell, Kampf, Robertson, and he should be forced to compete if we want the best of him to win.
We don't know what he can do for us. Imagine they decide to send Knies to Marlies because of a cap issue to keep a guy who is lollygagging thinking he has it made. If his name wasn't Domi he would just another guy who bounced from team to team with marginal success. Kind of a Klingberg only at forward. IMHO. Klingberg gets no respect on this site.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Last night pissed me off more than it should have for a preseason game.

We have to close those games out, and Keefe needs to do a better job managing the bench in late game situations.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Blowing a 2 goal lead ... getting scored on early and late, Matthews getting owned in overtime, is it preseason or is it just a replay of the same issues.
Is there a stat somewhere that shows M&M's stats in ot....goals for and against? It sure seems like they suck but Id be curious to know what the actual stats are.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Look, Domi has had limited success in his career. Keefe is allowing him to coast, no competition for a spot. What he brings is still not known. There is marginal difference between, Domi, Lafferty, Jarnkrok, Holmberg, Gambrell, Kampf, Robertson, and he should be forced to compete if we want the best of him to win.
We don't know what he can do for us. Imagine they decide to send Knies to Marlies because of a cap issue to keep a guy who is lollygagging thinking he has it made. If his name wasn't Domi he would just another guy who bounced from team to team with marginal success. Kind of a Klingberg only at forward. IMHO. Klingberg gets no respect on this site.
I noticed Domi last night in a good way....How you can watch that game and pick him out as a problem is weird to me. He smirked? Really? Thats what you have a beef about? He got a lucky bounce and put it in and acknowledged it with a smirk. Oh the horror.

We have to close those games out, and Keefe needs to do a better job managing the bench in late game situations.
I feel ya....its only preseason but there were signs of old habits here and there....the ptsd with this team is real.

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007

Of course it should. That was not just a preseason game result. That was the invocation of our dark fears and unpleasant reminder of all things the off-season had us forget.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

I don't think Reaves is out there in the last 3 minutes of a regular season game...

I am sure he saw no need to manage the bench as tightly as he would since the game means nothing and he is getting reps in for players.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I don't think Reaves is out there in the last 3 minutes of a regular season game...

I am sure he saw no need to manage the bench as tightly as he would since the game means nothing and he is getting reps in for players.
I dont think Tavares line is out last minute in a usual situation either

Reactions: stickty111

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I mean Domi has averaged 52 points per 82 games played in his career. A .64 point per game pace. He is a complimentery player. But better than everyone else you mentioned

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

Domi in carreer stats had been at 52 pts/ 82 game pace playing with dump team. They dont sign him 3M to see him battling for a roster spot because they had already a plan to use him alongside nylander to create 3 offrnsive line unstead of 2.

klinberg was a top 3 d when dallas reach stanley cup. He having defensive issues but really good offensive side from a d group who in worst 5 team by d offensive stats. To have succes in playoff, you need ypurnd being able to be involve in the offensive part of the game and outside rielly leafs had nobody. People dont understand why leafs despite huge offensive player didn't score in playoff, its the reason why...

Reactions: kb

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Yes. 'pretty good' is not the same as 'good'.
I'd worry more about the sentiment than the phrasing. 5 goals on that number of shots mixed with the quality of opportunities is just a bad outing for any goalie let alone a starter.

Its preseason, so nothing to get worked up about, but burn the tape for Sammy and move on.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I think he's a cut above most of those. Jarnkrok is about the same and Robertson may eventually be better. And I'm not sure he's coasting all that much.

But none of that was my point, which was basically tongue-in-cheek anyway. The smirk wasn't meant to annoy you, but the other team.

Annoying you is just a bonus, I guess. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Niagara Bill and kb

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

You don’t need to manage a bench in preseason.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
My god your posts are clueless. Domi isn't going anywhere, and no, the Leafs are like every other team in the preseason by not going 100%

Thankfully I won't be seeing these brilliant takes anymore.
When he flames out in game 20, when his hometown goodwill dies, think of this. He has flamed out quickly in his last few spots.

Bellzy

It was 4-1 finally has better meaning….
Jun 30, 2018
I’m not allowed to go to leafs games anymore. ☹️

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad