Habs are #1 in minor penalties taken

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Not something to be proud off. Might explain the fact that all our wins are by 1 goal.

4 players in the top 20 for minors taken :
- Subban, 9 minors, tied for 1st
- Pacioretty, Desharnais, Emelin, 5 minors, tied for 20th

5th in PK% though.

Our season is excellent so far, but this is definitely a huge problem waiting to explode. Price and the PK unit won't be able to do wonders for 82 games

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
We're number 1! We're number 1!

we+re+number+one+.+what+it+s+like+to+be+a+nationals_5ea05e_3556315.gif

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
The worst argument is the one Boston fans come up with: "It's not the amount of penalties, it's the TIMING."

Like, seriously?...

You mean like getting 2 penalties called against you in the last 5 minutes of a tie game? Yea the refs were sure helping us last night :laugh:

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Some of the calls last two games have made the games unbearable. They are the story of the last two games.

Plus that goal against Edmonton where Gallagher gets cross-checked into the crease is a good goal.

BS.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing

:biglaugh:

anyways, it's pretty well known around here that there is a certain level of hate (dare i say bigotry) against the habs on hf. accept it, try to argue your case that they are full of **** in a logical manner, and move on. and ironically, a thing i noticed lately, is that most boston fans (the ones that frequent the main board anyways) seem to be more reasonable to reality that most leafs fans.

without checking the stats again because i don't have to convince anybody here, last year habs were ~16th in penalties at home and ~top 5 for penalties overall.

but yep, montreal typical

Analyzer*

:biglaugh:

anyways, it's pretty well known around here that there is a certain level of hate (dare i say bigotry) against the habs on hf. accept it, try to argue your case that they are full of **** in a logical manner, and move on. and ironically, a thing i noticed lately, is that most boston fans (the ones that frequent the main board anyways) seem to be more reasonable to reality that most leafs fans.

without checking the stats again because i don't have to convince anybody here, last year habs were ~16th in penalties at home and ~top 5 for penalties overall.

but yep, montreal typical

I wouldn't really say it's bigotry, rather than people are annoyed by our fan base and other large fan bases as the idiots of those fan bases seem to be immense and post some idiotic things. If there's an opportunity to take a shot at us, or any other large fan base, people will do so.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I wouldn't really say it's bigotry, rather than people are annoyed by our fan base and other large fan bases as the idiots of those fan bases seem to be immense and post some idiotic things. If there's an opportunity to take a shot at us, or any other large fan base, people will do so.

Every fan base posts drivel, hate and ignorance. We're just the largest fanbase. But, by the same token, we likely also have the greatest number of intelligent posters. The Leafs would probably be close in that department if they weren't suffering from the psychological trauma of having not won a cup in half a century.

I don't think it's necessarily bigotry. It's jealousy. We have the Cups. The rest don't.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

I understand that logic. Large fan bases are also going to have more idiots. Heck, just having a large fan base is enough to piss others off.

But when you take a shot at the team, make sure you have your facts straight. The powerplay conspiracy is such a steaming load of cow dung.

There are shots to be taken, but at least get them right.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
The amount of minors given is a bit misleading because a penalty can be cancelled right away by another penalty. I find PP time minus PK time more telling.. and we're dead last there too !

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Subban needs to set the example and stop raking his one stupid penalty a game

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: