News Article: Habs almost signed Zdeno Chara...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
A 35+ player should shut the f*ck up and take a 1-year deal, he didn’t want to and screwed himself in the process. Signing gimpy knees to more than 1-year deal would’ve been an exercise in stupidity.

If 1-year deals are good enough for perhaps a top-3 D of all time in Lidstrom it should’ve been good enough for a playoff under-performer like Markov.

Markov was treated fairly, I see no issues....now whether that tough stance should’ve been maintained for Radulov is another matter

upload_2020-12-31_9-15-37.png

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Like I said to my friends, it's Reno, i'm assuming that it's fake news. The guy has 0 insiders with Montréal, maybe none in the whole league. He just refresh twitter every 5seconds and confirm what's already confirmed or speculated.

Since we're talking What If ; Nightmares. We trying to get big and fast, Chara is the slowest mf on ice right now. For Taxi squad reasons tho? A game there, another here, sure. But he would be my 8th D behind Kulak, Mete and Juulsen.

Gritty has more speed.

Reactions: dralaf

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
A 35+ player should shut the f*ck up and take a 1-year deal, he didn’t want to and screwed himself in the process. Signing gimpy knees to more than 1-year deal would’ve been an exercise in stupidity.

If 1-year deals are good enough for perhaps a top-3 D of all time in Lidstrom it should’ve been good enough for a playoff under-performer like Markov.

Markov was treated fairly, I see no issues....now whether that tough stance should’ve been maintained for Radulov is another matter
Markov said he told the Habs he was willing to sign a 1 year deal and they never got back to him. He wasn't treated fairly or even in a respectful manner.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal

He was down for a 1 year deal...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

as much as signing another LD like Alzner to a 5 years deal ?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Markov said he told the Habs he was willing to sign a 1 year deal and they never got back to him. He wasn't treated fairly or even in a respectful manner.
After the fact...initial demands till market open was 1-year deal after no one was willing to offer him a deal on the open market he reduced demands to 1-year, and even reached out again after start of KHL season.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
After the fact...initial demands till market open was 1-year deal after no one was willing to offer him a deal on the open market he reduced demands to 1-year, and even reached out again after start of KHL season.

No one was willing to offer him a deal? How do you know this? I’m sure he would have gotten 2 years elsewhere. Markov decided that he didn’t want to play nowhere else except for Montreal.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Duclair was also negotiating this offseason similarly f*cked himself. Tough times...it’s a business as Radulov also proved that summer.
Tough times indeed, especially since we have yet to replace him.

Bottom line, if the Habs are open to signing Chara they should bring back Markov and let him hit 1000 games and retire a Canadien.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I kind of wish he was signed so folks stop pretending that Weber is some lite version of Chara. Since we got some bullies on the team, Chara would have unleashed numerous HFBoards tantrums because everyone plays bigger with him on the ice.

Still, f*** him for that Pacioretty hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad