Confirmed with Link: Habs Acquire Rights to Joel Edmundson from Carolina for a 2020 5th Round Pick (Pick #139)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Same, but I was also in my early 20s, living with my parents, with no real responsibilities AND I was working at the Bell Centre getting to see most home games live.

Even if the team today was a perennial Cup contender, I doubt I'd get as excited for regular season games as I did back then.

Same. I was between 17 and 22 back then. Good times. Probably would have had much more of an active social life in college had I not opted out of parties to watch the Habs so many times, though :laugh:

OB5

May 2, 2015
Not gonna lie really antsy about this new contract. Announce it already!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't know man... There's something about Koivu and Kovalev on this team that I haven't found back ever since. Probably partially because I grew older and grumpier.

I'm not sure if I'm in your age group, but I also feel like I lost some fandom that will never come back after the kovalev and Koivu era ended.

Saku was the last remaining link on the team from my pre teen days, so that was a blow. Kovalev was must see TV because there was always the potential that he's going to do something amazing each time he stepped on the ice.

Its probably inevitable to lose some level of fandom as you age for various reasons. Alot of these players today are also younger than me now, so that feels weird too.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I don’t necessarily mind the player, as we could use some additional toughness/size for our bottom pairing, however why are we looking to lock in someone with basically no offensive output to what will probably be $4MM x 4 yrs.

Next offseason is already going to be tight. I know the smart move would be to trade Tatar, Petry, Gallager for max value for the next “core”, but with Edmunson and Allen it seems like we are in no mans land again, trying to improve the team while our contract/cap situation suggests a longer term rebuild. No cohesive plan.

Looking forward to 9th in the East next year. Oy vey.

Reactions: DarkSender

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
If this is the only move to improve the D, it's a bit underwhelming. Then again, it retains our trade chips to upgrade the forward group and scoring is a bigger need IMO. Let's see what happens.

Reactions: Frank JT

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I think the D is set, some guy might get ship out but I’m not expecting someone else to be brought in. I’m ok with it since I was comfortable going into next season with the same group, I can’t see us going it the season with the seem group of FW...

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I think the D is set, some guy might get ship out but I’m not expecting someone else to be brought in. I’m ok with it since I was comfortable going into next season with the same group, I can’t see us going it the season with the seem group of FW...

I was more or less comfortable with the same group as last season. Ouellet, Mete and Kulak all on your starting roster is just asking for trouble.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I did not see anyone raising that point but what if this indicates that we have offers for Romanov .. that montreal is considering .. Something like Domi, Romanov for Laine + picks (or something along these lines) ..? While it failed the first time with Sergachev does not mean it would fail again with Romanov...

I would not want that deal but could see this signing as indicating other moves...

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I did not see anyone raising that point but what if this indicates that we have offers for Romanov .. that montreal is considering .. Something like Domi, Romanov for Laine + picks (or something along these lines) ..? While it failed the first time with Sergachev does not mean it would fail again with Romanov...

I would not want that deal but could see this signing as indicating other moves...

It's fine to trade Romanov or any Habs prospect if it's for Laine, but then there better be some salary going the other way.

E.g. Romanov, Alzner, Byron, Domi, for Laine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad